UK Sunday supplement article

annalouisem
New User
New User

UK Sunday supplement article

Post by annalouisem »

Hello, I am writing a piece for You magazine, the Mail on Sunday supplement, about gene testing and really hoping to interview someone from the UK who has learned that they are APOE 4/4 . I'd be interested in the impact of this and whether it has been something you're glad to know or would prefer not to have known, how you have adjusted, whether it has led you to change your life in any way.. I am hoping there are some UK members who might fit this? If so, please do email me anna.moore@outlook.com
Thank you!
HelenOwens
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: UK Sunday supplement article

Post by HelenOwens »

annalouisem wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:52 pm Hello, I am writing a piece for You magazine, the Mail on Sunday supplement, about gene testing and really hoping to interview someone from the UK who has learned that they are APOE 4/4 . I'd be interested in the impact of this and whether it has been something you're glad to know or would prefer not to have known, how you have adjusted, whether it has led you to change your life in any way.. I am hoping there are some UK members who might fit this? If so, please do email me anna.moore@outlook.com
Thank you!

Hello annalouisem,

As a Support Team Intern, I’d like to welcome you to the Forum. I hope that you do get some responses from UK members who may be interested in sharing their story with you. It’s important to raise awareness, elicit dialogue, and share stories of those who have been impacted by ApoE4 - thank you for your role in supporting that.

If you have already taken some time to explore this forum, you’ll have already discovered the supportive and compassionate nature of this space for ApoE4 carriers and their loved ones seeking prevention and mitigation strategies against cognitive decline.

You might find this topic of great interest as it generated a lot of conversation surrounding a recently published article.

I’d also like to share several tools & resources should you be interested in finding out more information on this site. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

Wiki Main Page contains lots of useful information and links to articles for a deeper dive into specific topics.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Good luck with your article!

Warmly,
Helen
Helen
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach