Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

Post by Julie G »

Unfortunately, participation is closed for the ProdromeScan trial.
One quick clarification. When Emily stated the above, she was referring to our request for a few volunteers to help us kick-off the project by participating in an experiment that we could use (with pre and post results) to help us launch the MOD4 project. It is very much OPEN to anyone who wants to participate.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Emily C wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:12 pm To order the ProdromeScan kit at a 25% discounted rate, contact customer service by phone or email - both forms of contact are provided on the Prodrome website. My suggestion is to contact by email.
Identify yourself as a member of the Apoe4.info group project, and provide the discount code APOE4GROUP25.
An additional tip when ordering ProdromeScan kits:

There is a customer service representative from Prodrome, Jessica, that is most knowledgeable about our group and the Mod4 project. It might facilitate the process to order your kit through her. If you call to order, ask for Jessica or leave a voicemail with attention to her; if you email customer service, add Attention: Jessica in the body of your message.
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

I ordered the Prodrome blood test and checked on the results today since I hadn't received them. I was told they were sent to mod4@apoe4.info.
I was finally able to obtain a copy from Jessica and when asked for clarification of what I am looking at, her response is: "Since you used the APOE4 Group code, your results were sent to that group.
They're the ones to help interpret the results and provide guidance."

??? Anyone have an idea what they mean???

I don't see anything on this site that shows the ideal ranges of the various markers. Help!
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Karina52 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:06 pm I ordered the Prodrome blood test and checked on the results today since I hadn't received them. I was told they were sent to mod4@apoe4.info.
I was finally able to obtain a copy from Jessica and when asked for clarification of what I am looking at, her response is: "Since you used the APOE4 Group code, your results were sent to that group.
They're the ones to help interpret the results and provide guidance."

??? Anyone have an idea what they mean???

I don't see anything on this site that shows the ideal ranges of the various markers. Help!
Hi Karina52,

I’m glad you were able to receive a copy of your results from Jessica. I understand your frustration with trying to understand your results. ProdromeScans, as a general rule, cannot be purchased directly by the general public. The kits must be ordered through health care providers who then provide interpretations of the results. For our group, Prodrome made an exception, enabling our members to purchase the kits directly. The drawback is what you have run into - how to interpret your results. (ProdromeScan kits used to be available for direct purchase by the general public as well as a complimentary brief consultation regarding the results, but this is no longer the case.)

We will be hosting a webinar with Dr. Goodenowe in which he will interpret the results of three of our members who participated in a small experiment, using the ProdromeScan prior to and after a 12 week strength training intervention. This webinar will be posted on our website and can be used to help our members understand their results. We hope to host this webinar in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, we recommend this YouTube video from a few years ago, of Dr. Goodenowe interpreting the ProdromeScan results of a gentleman, Ben Greenfield, before and after he took a Prodrome supplement, Prodrome Neuro. Dr. Goodenowe’s interpretations of Ben’s scans begin at minute 5 of the 32 minute video.

I hope this helps!

Emily
Computer15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Computer15 »

I would like to purchase the prodrome kit how do I purchase it through this site?
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

Thanks Emily! Look forward to seeing that upcoming webinar! Meanwhile, I have a little bit better insight after watching the other link.

Best,
Karina52
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Computer15 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:47 pm I would like to purchase the prodrome kit how do I purchase it through this site?
Hi Computer15, I've copied and pasted this information from an earlier post in this thread. Hope this works for you.

To order the ProdromeScan kit at a 25% discounted rate, contact customer service by phone or email - both forms of contact are provided on the Prodrome website. My suggestion is to contact by email.
Identify yourself as a member of the Apoe4.info group project, and provide the discount code APOE4GROUP25.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Important updates for members ordering ProdromeScan Kits directly!

Prodrome has alerted us to 2 changes in how members who have ordered ProdromeScan kits directly will receive their results and the interpretation of them.

1. ProdromeScan results will no longer be sent directly to individual members. Prodrome will send results to our group’s Mod4 project email, mod4@apoe4.info. Results will be forwarded to individuals from me, and a quick turnaround is to be expected.

2. The second change involves interpreting the results received. Consults with Dr. Goodenowe are no longer available. This will make interpretation of results challenging. To that end, we will soon be posting a webinar with Dr. Goodenowe, in which he will be interpreting the ProdromeScan results of three of our members who participated in a small, pre and post strength training experiment. Our hope is that members can use Dr. Goodenowe’s interpretations from the webinar to aid in understanding their own results. In the meantime, we recommend this ‪YouTube video from a few years ago, of Dr. Goodenowe interpreting the ProdromeScan results from Ben Greenfield, before and after he took a Prodrome supplement, Prodrome Neuro. Dr. Goodenowe’s interpretations of Ben’s scans begin at minute 5 of the 43 minute video.

An important additional note: If you have any questions or concerns about your order or results (pending or received), please email me, Emily, at mod4@apoe4.info. Please do not call or email Prodrome.

In sum, here are the steps to order ProdromeScan kits and supplements, and to receive Scan results:

1. To order supplements, type in the code APOE4GROUP25 on the checkout page. This discount is available for all our members. (No need to order the ProdromeScan kit to receive 25% off supplements.)

2. To order the ProdromeScan kit (blood test) at a 25% discounted rate, contact customer service by phone or email. Both forms of contact are provided on the ‪Prodrome website. My suggestion is to contact by email with “Attention: Jessica” - she handles orders from our group. Identify yourself as a member of the Apoe4.info group project and provide the discount code APOE4GROUP25.

3. Upon receipt of the ProdromeScan kit, you do not need to see a doctor. Order your blood draw by using a mobile blood draw service (phlebotomist comes to your home) or local drop-in service. (Quest or LabCorp sites will not cover such a service, normally.) ‪Travalab is one such mobile blood draw service that operates across the United States and partners with Prodrome. Alternatively, search online for a mobile blood draw service in your area - a local service might be more cost effective. The phlebotomist will send your kit to Prodrome for processing. (The paperwork that comes with your kit will explain this process and provide instructions for the phlebotomist.)

4. The ProdromeScan results have an average processing time of 10-14 business days. I will forward your results to the email you provided Prodrome as soon as I receive them. The results can be found as a pdf attachment.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties or concerns moving forward with purchasing supplements or the ProdromeScan kit, as well as receiving your results. I can be reached at mod4@apoe4.info.

Thank you for your understanding of these changes.

Emily