The New Age of Alzheimer's Special Report - Scientific American + Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
June
Contributor
Contributor

The New Age of Alzheimer's Special Report - Scientific American + Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative

Post by June »

Hi all,

This is June, 4/4, a new member as of 6/10/24.

Want to share this new, COMPREHENSIVE Scientific American special report on the frontier of Alzheimer's in collaboration with Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative that discusses topics from new advances in early detection, drug development, the economic and societal costs of AD care, ways to lower risk (diet, lifestyle), etc., including Bill Gates' perspective as a caregiver and philanthropist. I'm glad to see AD "Prevention" highlighted in mass media now. Alzheon is mentioned briefly on p19, no discussion btw on ALZ-801, the most advanced small molecule phase 3 candidate with 4/4 patients.

The New Age of Alzheimer’s

"Alzheimer’s disease can rob us of our memories, our independence and our lives, but a global effort is inspiring new hope. With careful reporting and expert-written commentary, this special report explores advances that could delay or even prevent dementia and intriguing new approaches to support brain health in the world’s aging population."

The New Age of Alzheimer’s

Enjoy and share your thoughts (downloadable PDF inside):

---------
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: The New Age of Alzheimer's Special Report - Scientific American + Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative

Post by mike »

June wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:17 pm This is June, 4/4, a new member as of 6/10/24.
Hi June, and welcome from another 4/4. I think this series of articles would be good for new folks to read. It discusses the advances in finding that miracle cure and the likelihood of AD becoming a treatable disease in the not too distant future. Should lower the anxiety levels. It also talks a bit about Lifestyle changes that could help, but does not emphasize it much.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
June
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The New Age of Alzheimer's Special Report - Scientific American + Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative

Post by June »

mike wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
June wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:17 pm This is June, 4/4, a new member as of 6/10/24.
Hi June, and welcome from another 4/4. I think this series of articles would be good for new folks to read. It discusses the advances in finding that miracle cure and the likelihood of AD becoming a treatable disease in the not too distant future. Should lower the anxiety levels. It also talks a bit about Lifestyle changes that could help, but does not emphasize it much.
Thanks Sonoma Mike! Glad you enjoyed the Series, agreed it's good overview on many aspects of AD Dx, Rx, and care for newcomers!

You might be interested in reading this post from me recently, I find the discussion on cutting edge late stage Rx development for AD most exciting:

Top AD Experts Debating New Targeted Biomarkers and Therapeutic Approaches in a New Era

Cheers,
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive