Meeting Alzheon Executive this week, send your "Burning Questions"

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
June
Contributor
Contributor

Meeting Alzheon Executive this week, send your "Burning Questions"

Post by June »

Hi all,

I know many of you, like myself (E4/4), have followed biotech company Alzheon and its promising disease-modifying, oral, small molecule ALZ-801 for early AD treatment, exclusively targeting ApoE4/4 homozygotes, currently in phase 3 trial with results coming in Q3, 2024. This could be the earliest possible FDA approval Rx opportunity for 4/4 genotype if the phase 3 results meet primary endpoint. If results are positive, the company plans to conduct E4 carriers early AD treatment trial and E4/4 carrier AD Prevention trial next. That's why there has been a lot of enthusiasm and hope for their work, as their therapeutic focus is ApoE4 carriers - OUR community.

As mentioned in the recent virtual group meetup on 6/23/24, I am happy to share that I recently connected online with a senior executive at Alzheon whose job function includes interacting with patient groups who lives in the same city as I, and we plan to attend the same Alzheimer's Association's local chapter business event on Thu July 11, 2024. I plan to learn more about the company and their ongoing programs when we meet, and would be happy to potentially incorporate some of your "burning questions" about Alzheon and its ALZ-801 trials in my interactions. No guarantee, but I'll do my best 8-) Please send your questions here, or message me privately on this forum by 5pm PST Wed 7/10/24.

My earlier post about Alzheon's successful fundraising

Alzheon CEO Video Interview on Neurology Live (6/11/24):
Breakthroughs in Alzheimer Research Pave Way for New Era of Treatment: Martin Tolar, MD, PhD
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Meeting Alzheon Executive this week, send your "Burning Questions"

Post by floramaria »

June wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:04 pm I plan to learn more about the company and their ongoing programs when we meet, and would be happy to potentially incorporate some of your "burning questions" about Alzheon and its ALZ-801 trials in my interactions. No guarantee, but I'll do my best
Hi June, I don’t have any burning questions to add but I am excited that you have this opportunity to speak with an exec at Alzheon and look forward to reading your report of what you glean from the interaction.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Thanks, June, and welcome to our group!

I would love to know what they think of the structure corrector paper I posted here:

viewtopic.php?t=8611

1. Do they think it's likely that ALZ-801 works by altering the conformation of apoE4, as suggested by the above paper? If so, that means its mode of action is as far upstream as one can get without gene therapy, which would be amazing!

2. Will they be testing higher doses than those they're currently using in the trials? Or do they have good reason to believe higher doses won't bring more benefit? Or is it that higher doses have unacceptable side effect/AE risks?

3. If it functions as a structure corrector, it might be better to divide the dosing into t.i.d. or even q.i.d. Did they choose not to do that because of concerns about patient convenience/compliance?

Thanks again. This is incredibly exciting!

Brian
ε4/ε4 (for now).
June
Contributor
Contributor

Post by June »

Brian4 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:36 pm Thanks, June, and welcome to our group!

I would love to know what they think of the structure corrector paper I posted here:

viewtopic.php?t=8611

1. Do they think it's likely that ALZ-801 works by altering the conformation of apoE4, as suggested by the above paper? If so, that means its mode of action is as far upstream as one can get without gene therapy, which would be amazing!

2. Will they be testing higher doses than those they're currently using in the trials? Or do they have good reason to believe higher doses won't bring more benefit? Or is it that higher doses have unacceptable side effect/AE risks?

3. If it functions as a structure corrector, it might be better to divide the dosing into t.i.d. or even q.i.d. Did they choose not to do that because of concerns about patient convenience/compliance?

Thanks again. This is incredibly exciting!

Brian
Thanks Brian for the warm welcome and great questions! I'll add them to my list of questions. Not sure if there will be enough time at the event to address all of them. But I intend to arrange a separate meeting with the Alzheon executive 1-on-1 later on to keep the conversation going. Will update you all what I find out :idea:

Cheers,
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive
June
Contributor
Contributor

Post by June »

June wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:18 pm
Brian4 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:36 pm
Hi Brian4 and all,

I attended the Alzheimer's Association San Diego Chapter Corporate Breakfast today, however, the Alzheon executive didn't show up, her name tag remained unclaimed... If I can arrange a 1-on-1 meeting with her later on, it will likely be AFTER the AAIC (that Nancy posted that I hope many of you will take advantage of for FREE, the 2024 annual Alzheimer's Association's International Conference July 28- Aug 1). Will keep you posted...

I did meet many AA SD chapter staff and enjoyed the event. The next event on Aug 22 is something to look forward to. AA National is sending their Senior Director of Scientific Engagement 0 Rebecca Edelmayer, Ph.D. to share exciting new discoveries and scientific breakthroughs, I assume a lot of that would be from AAIC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
June 4/4 yet hopeful
Former biotech executive