Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
hector9
New User
New User

Post by hector9 »

Hello, I'm hector, 45 years old, from the United States. I was diagnosed with subjective cognitive impairment, I am lucky to have found this community.

I am really happy to meet you all.
HelenOwens
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: New member

Post by HelenOwens »

hector9 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:02 pm Hello, I'm hector, 45 years old, from the United States. I was diagnosed with subjective cognitive impairment, I am lucky to have found this community.

Hello Hector,

As a Support Team Intern, I’d like to welcome you to the Forum! We are glad you are here. You are clearly motivated to seek out information and support to help you navigate your diagnosis of subjective cognitive impairment – and you’ve come to the right place. You are not alone.

As you dive deeper into your exploration here, you will find much information on prevention and mitigation strategies involving lifestyle modifications. Strategies within your control that may ignite hope and inspiration for you. The List of Basic Strategies may be a great place to start.

I’d also like to share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

Wiki Main Page contains lots of useful information and links to articles for a deeper dive into specific topics.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Please feel free to ask your questions or share your story if, and when, you feel comfortable to.

Again, welcome, Hector!
Warmly,
Helen
Helen
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

hector9 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:02 pm Hello, I'm hector, 45 years old, from the United States. I was diagnosed with subjective cognitive impairment, I am lucky to have found this community.

Hi Hector9

It's lovely to "meet" you!
There's so much good info on here for you to follow! Just take it one small step at a time, so it doesn't get overwhelming. In no time at all, you'll be looking back at how much has changed. Tiny steps build up.

Just ask if you need any tips or have questions.

Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
Dany_ele
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dany_ele »

Hi Hector, welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad you found us. You're definitely in the right place for support and guidance. We're happy to have you here!