Hormone Replacement Therapy E4 Women

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hormone Replacement Therapy E4 Women

Post by Smart Tian »

我想问下,孕酮是每天都吃吗?还是吃15天,停15天?还是隔一天吃一次?每天晚上吃

The following is the English translation of the software, which may not be accurate. Please forgive me

I want to ask, is progesterone taken every day? Or eat for 15 days and stop for 15 days? Or every other day? Eat every night
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smart Tian »

Ssa wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 am
rjkmhk wrote:Does anyone know what the optimal levels for the female hormones are especially for bone building? I'd like to get just enough and none in excess...thanks!
I hope I am doing this quote stuff right. Fairly new here and still learning.
I wanted to share my experience with hormones in regards to bone health. I started getting hormone pellets about 4 1/2 years ago in hopes of reversing my osteoporosis. I have been tracking my bone density for about 12 years. My pellets are estradiol that was a fairly low dose and 2 testosterone pellets ( one of these has an added effect of keeping my testosterone from turning into more estradiol. I also take 100mg oral progesterone at night. I get a DEXA scan every 2 years and my scan 2 years into getting hormones was the worse I have had ever. My last scan a few months ago showed considerable improvement. I went from -3.3 in my worse vertebra to a -2.5 the rest of my vertebrae all improved and moved into osteopenia.

I don’t think hormones had anything to do with my bone density improvement. I have thought many things were the answer over the past 12 years. I’m still trying to pin point my exact reason for my improvement and maybe it’s a culmination of all the things I changed. I have a thread on this in supplements I take and why.

I do know that I hope to never stop getting my pellets. I went through a decade of post menopause without hormones and in comparison I feel much more alive with them. In many ways.
我想问下孕酮是每天晚上都服用吗?还是服用15天,停15天?谢谢

The following is the English translation of the software, which may not be accurate. Please forgive me

I want to ask if progesterone is taken every night? Or take it for 15 days and stop for 15 days? thank you
Ssa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ssa »

Hello I haven’t been on forum since before pandemic. I got an email saying you quoted me.
In regards to your question on progesterone, I take oral bio identical progesterone every night 100mg. I’m supposed to take 200mg but can’t really do it because it’s too sedating and depressive. My doctor is fine with me just taking 100mg. She says oral progesterone is the only way progesterone can help with sleep. Progesterone cream would not help with sleep.
I’m 63 and well past menopause but if you are still having periods you would need to take it in line with a monthly cycle.
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smart Tian »

Ssa wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:39 am Hello I haven’t been on forum since before pandemic. I got an email saying you quoted me.
In regards to your question on progesterone, I take oral bio identical progesterone every night 100mg. I’m supposed to take 200mg but can’t really do it because it’s too sedating and depressive. My doctor is fine with me just taking 100mg. She says oral progesterone is the only way progesterone can help with sleep. Progesterone cream would not help with sleep.
I’m 63 and well past menopause but if you are still having periods you would need to take it in line with a monthly cycle.
好的,谢谢回复,是我妈妈服用,我妈妈57岁,已经进入狂躁期,用雌二醇和孕酮放在饮料里给我妈妈服用,还有别的补充剂(主要是DHA和硫辛酸。。参考的Julie G),很有效果,我妈妈能镇定下来并且能看电视,知道电视剧里谁是坏人,之前是服用一个月雌二醇和孕酮,停了7天。这次准备雌二醇永远不停,孕酮看情况,书里面说用15天停15天比较好,我妈妈这一次用了一个多月孕酮,好像确实状态差了一些,所以这两天孕酮减量,妈妈的紧张程度小了一点,所以我们准备停几天孕酮观察一下。您提到了新冠大流行,我说一下,我妈妈是在接种了中国新冠疫苗第三针之后,病情突然加速,变得非常严重,微信群里面好几个病人,都是接种了第三针之后突然就严重了,有个一个人的妈妈,2022年3月份还能骑自行车,第三针之后,2022年11月10日,大便失禁了。药店工作人员告诉我,接种疫苗后,有很多人的抑郁症焦虑症复发了。千万不要接种中国的新冠疫苗

OK, thanks for your reply. My mother took it. My mother is 57 years old and has entered into a manic period. She put estradiol and progesterone in her drink and gave it to my mother. There are other supplements (mainly DHA and lipoic acid. Julie G for reference). They are very effective. My mother can calm down and watch TV. She knows who is the bad guy in the TV series. She took estradiol and progesterone for a month and stopped for 7 days. This preparation of estradiol will never stop. Progesterone depends on the situation. The book says that it is better to stop for 15 days. My mother has used progesterone for more than a month this time, and it seems that she is really in a poor state. Therefore, the progesterone dose has decreased in the past two days, and the mother's tension has been reduced a little. Therefore, we must stop progesterone for a few days to observe. You mentioned the COVID-19 pandemic. Let me say that my mother's condition suddenly accelerated and became very serious after she received the third dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Several patients in the WeChat group suddenly became serious after the third dose. One mother could ride a bicycle in March 2022. After the third dose, on November 10, 2022, she became incontinent. The staff of the pharmacy told me that after the vaccination, many people's depression and anxiety relapsed. Do not vaccinate China's COVID-19 vaccine
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

OK, thanks for your reply. My mother took it. My mother is 57 years old and has entered into a manic period. She put estradiol and progesterone in her drink and gave it to my mother. There are other supplements (mainly DHA and lipoic acid. Julie G for reference). They are very effective. My mother can calm down and watch TV. She knows who is the bad guy in the TV series. She took estradiol and progesterone for a month and stopped for 7 days. This preparation of estradiol will never stop. Progesterone depends on the situation. The book says that it is better to stop for 15 days. My mother has used progesterone for more than a month this time, and it seems that she is really in a poor state. Therefore, the progesterone dose has decreased in the past two days, and the mother's tension has been reduced a little. Therefore, we must stop progesterone for a few days to observe. You mentioned the COVID-19 pandemic. Let me say that my mother's condition suddenly accelerated and became very serious after she received the third dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Several patients in the WeChat group suddenly became serious after the third dose. One mother could ride a bicycle in March 2022. After the third dose, on November 10, 2022, she became incontinent. The staff of the pharmacy told me that after the vaccination, many people's depression and anxiety relapsed. Do not vaccinate China's COVID-19 vaccine
Smart Tian, apologies if I'm misunderstanding. Typically, estradiol is given at a fairly regular interval. Many in the US use BHRT patches/changed twice weekly in an effort to keep levels stable. Oral preparations are often synthetic, which have been associated with cancer. Oral progesterone can be administered daily, every other day, or for half of the month. Some who are very sensitive to the effects take it vaginally. It is typically taken at night because it has sedative properties. Is this the effect or the opposite effect that you're noticing with your mom? Do you have a hormone expert who can help you?
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smart Tian »

Julie G wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:52 am
Smart Tian, apologies if I'm misunderstanding. Typically, estradiol is given at a fairly regular interval. Many in the US use BHRT patches/changed twice weekly in an effort to keep levels stable. Oral preparations are often synthetic, which have been associated with cancer. Oral progesterone can be administered daily, every other day, or for half of the month. Some who are very sensitive to the effects take it vaginally. It is typically taken at night because it has sedative properties. Is this the effect or the opposite effect that you're noticing with your mom? Do you have a hormone expert who can help you?
非常感谢您的回答,我妈妈2022年6月3日份开始狂躁,不睡觉,闹腾。6月15日开始record疗法,直接用了雌二醇和孕酮,放在饮料里(饮料里放了很多补充剂,包括维生素B族活性成分,用苏糖酸镁和甘氨酸镁调节味道),因为妈妈不愿意吃药,我妈妈没这个病的时候,就抗拒吃药。吃了雌二醇,孕酮,硫辛酸,DHA,这四种(经过观察发现,这四种最重要,可能因为这四种能直接穿过血脑屏障吧),我妈妈就能安静下来,能看电视,并且说以前的事情,并且有短期记忆,7月20因为阴道出血,吓到了我和我爸,我们就停了7天激素,然后8月3日又开始放激素,然后8月20我妈妈胃疼,应该是雌二醇孕酮导致,后来停了一段时间雌二醇,地屈孕酮。用的孕烯醇酮代替。中间9月15日,我妈妈还能主动打乒乓球,还能单独吃硫辛酸和DHA。之后突然变严重。10月10日我又加上了雌二醇和孕酮,但是10月10日左右我妈妈的声音变细了,像小孩子,撒娇生气都像小孩了,说话有声调10月18日,咽不下去药,很小的硫辛酸,也咽不下去,10月19日,喝了大概6毫克雌二醇,没想到喝了这么多,因为放在饮料里,之前都没喝过这么多,雌二醇多了失眠,但是10月20日上午一直到12点,我妈妈声音又恢复成大人,后来又变成小孩了,现在就是每天至少保证2毫克雌二醇,有时候喝不到就放在米饭里面(现在硫辛酸放在林料离,DHA放在米饭里)。昨天晚上也就是11月17日晚上,妈妈态度又变好了,出门也没有骂人。9月15日到10月10日这些天状态变差不少,感觉是因为激素停了,我经验不足。还有就是北京天气变冷,病情又恶化了。现在雌二醇(我买的是天然的激素口服,2毫克一片,也有1毫克一片的)我不敢停了,饮料里面加上了三九胃泰(一种养胃中药,很好用,甜的),地屈孕酮,我妈妈应该连同20天,认知都是提升的,30天之后好像有所下降,这次我是用了地屈孕酮40天,我妈妈态度很不好,我就四天减量,然后停了,准备停15天。我应该是北京,甚至全国,位数不多用激素的人之一,国内其他人我联系上的,没有人用激素,上海用record疗法的人有不少。我妈妈中晚期了,效果也比较明显,主要还是在病人,如果补充剂都能吃,那效果肯定更好。我妈妈是大学教授,硕士生导师,我姥姥,姥爷现在都没有得阿尔茨海默,我姥姥的一个姐姐有阿尔茨海默,76岁去世,我姥爷好像有一个兄弟,是阿尔茨海默,我妈妈2020年北京在宣武医院确诊,但是没有查基因。我妈妈应该和全麻有关,生我的时候,连续两次全麻,一次不管用。妈妈39岁时候卵巢囊肿手术,连续两次全麻。我妈妈2015年2016年说话就有点不行了,成语会说错,2018年无法讲课了,说话不行了,但是思路都清楚,心里都明白

现在我正在考虑是否给我妈用每天0.5毫克睾酮?我也不太清楚我妈妈声音变细是否和之前用了孕烯醇酮,然后又停了有关?又或者是7月和8月用的雌二醇有关?7月每天2毫克雌二醇就够,能安静地坐下并且看电视,还知道电视里谁是坏人,现在11月,不行了,2毫克雌二醇,大部分时间不骂人了,但是一直收拾东西,比如塑料袋里面的东西拿起来就放下,拿起来就放下,虽然很累了但是不停下。最近两天停了孕酮,好像又好些了,可以在床上坐下5分钟。

我还是准备试一下睾酮,或者用DHEA或者孕烯醇酮,放在米饭里。30毫克DHEA或者30毫克孕烯醇酮能产生多少毫克睾酮?我并不清楚,也没有查到相关文章。现在就是全力延长我妈妈的寿命了,毕竟中国女性平均年龄都80岁了,我妈妈才57岁(也许9月不停雌二醇,现在能好很多,或许能维持住7月20日那种特别好的状态,但当时我没有经验)

Thank you very much for your answer. My mother will become manic, not sleeping, and noisy on June 3, 2022. On June 15, the record therapy was started. Estradiol and progesterone were directly used and put in the drink (a lot of supplements were put in the drink, including vitamin B active ingredients, and magnesium threonate and magnesium glycine were used to adjust the taste). Because my mother was unwilling to take medicine, my mother refused to take medicine when she was free from the disease. After eating estradiol, progesterone, lipoic acid and DHA (the most important of the four is found through observation, probably because they can directly cross the blood brain barrier), my mother can be quiet, watch TV, talk about previous events, and have short-term memory. On July 20, my father and I were scared by vaginal bleeding, so we stopped hormone for seven days, then started hormone release on August 3, and then my mother had stomach pain on August 20, It should be caused by estradiol progesterone. Later, estradiol and didroxyprogesterone were stopped for a period of time. Replace with pregnenolone. On September 15, my mother was able to play table tennis and eat lipoic acid and DHA alone. Then it suddenly became serious. On October 10, I added estradiol and progesterone, but around October 10, my mother's voice became thinner, like a child. She was coquettish and angry, like a child. She spoke with a tone of voice. On October 18, she couldn't swallow the medicine, even a small amount of lipoic acid. On October 19, she drank about 6 mg of estradiol, but she didn't expect to drink so much because she had never drunk so much before because she put it in the drink. The more estradiol, the more insomnia, However, from the morning of October 20 until 12:00, my mother's voice returned to that of an adult, and later became a child. Now, at least 2mg of estradiol is guaranteed every day, and sometimes it is put in rice if you can't drink it (now lipoic acid is put in Lin Liaoli, and DHA is put in rice). Last night, on the evening of November 17, my mother's attitude changed again, and she didn't swear when she went out. From September 15 to October 10, my state deteriorated a lot. I felt that the hormone stopped and I was inexperienced. In addition, the weather in Beijing has become cold and the disease has worsened. Now I dare not stop using estradiol (I bought a natural hormone for oral use, 2 mg per tablet, and 1 mg per tablet). I add Sanjiu Weitai (a Chinese medicine for nourishing the stomach, very easy to use, sweet) to my drink. My mother's cognition should be improved for 20 days, but it seems to have declined after 30 days. This time, I used Didrosterone for 40 days. My mother's attitude was very bad, so I reduced it for four days, and then stopped, Prepare to stop for 15 days. I should be one of the few people who use hormone in Beijing, or even in the whole country. I have contacted other people in China. No one uses hormone. Many people in Shanghai use record therapy. My mother is in the middle and late stages, and the effect is obvious, mainly in patients. If all supplements can be taken, the effect will be better. My mother is a university professor, a master's supervisor, and my grandmother and grandpa have no Alzheimer's. One of my grandmother's sisters has Alzheimer, who died at the age of 76. My grandpa seems to have a brother, Alzheimer. My mother will be diagnosed in Xuanwu Hospital in Beijing in 2020, but there is no gene check. My mother should have something to do with general anesthesia. When I was born, she had general anesthesia twice in a row, but it didn't work once. When my mother was 39 years old, she had ovarian cyst surgery and had two consecutive general anesthesia. In 2015 and 2016, my mother could not speak well. Idioms can be wrong. In 2018, she could not teach. She could not speak well, but her thoughts were clear and her heart understood

Now I am considering whether to give my mother 0.5 mg testosterone every day? I'm not sure if my mother's voice is thinner because she used pregnenolone before and then stopped? Or is the estradiol used in July and August related? In July, 2 mg of estradiol is enough. You can sit quietly and watch TV. You also know who is the bad guy on TV. Now, in November, it's no good. 2 mg of estradiol doesn't scold people most of the time, but you always pack things. For example, you can pick up the things in the plastic bag and put them down. Although you are tired, you don't stop. I stopped progesterone in the last two days. It seems better. I can sit in bed for 5 minutes.

I'm still going to try testosterone, or use DHEA or pregnenolone, and put it in rice. How many mg testosterone can 30 mg DHEA or 30 mg pregnenolone produce? I don't know, nor did I find any relevant articles. Now it is time to extend my mother's life span. After all, the average age of Chinese women is 80 years old, and my mother is only 57 years old (maybe estradiol keeps going in September, which is much better now, maybe it can maintain a particularly good state on July 20, but I had no experience at that time)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Smart Tian, how frustrating not to have any guidance. The one thing I will mention is that B vitamins are typically taken in the AM and magnesium threonate and progesterone in the PM. Combing them all together could have an odd energizing/sedating (push/pull) effect on your mother.

I know that you want to help, but I would personally feel very nervous using these medications/supplements without a physician's supervision. I wonder if you could reach out to Apollo Health at info@ahnphealth.com to see if they have any practitioners that may work with your mother, even by telemedicine.

You are amazing to be trying so hard to help. I'm hopeful that you can get a physician to offer guidance. Please keep us informed.
sandyt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sandyt »

Does anyone know what the current evidence is on using estriol vs estradiol cream. My doctor has prescribed an estriol/testosterone combo cream for me from the start. But in my search of studies for brain, bone, and cardiovascular health it seems they always use estradiol. I am trying to get some research done before I go back to see the doctor in about 2 weeks. Should I request a switch to estradiol? I would be grateful for any info :)
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

sandyt wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:58 am Does anyone know what the current evidence is on using estriol vs estradiol cream. My doctor has prescribed an estriol/testosterone combo cream for me from the start. But in my search of studies for brain, bone, and cardiovascular health it seems they always use estradiol. I am trying to get some research done before I go back to see the doctor in about 2 weeks. Should I request a switch to estradiol? I would be grateful for any info :)
Hi sandyt, I just looked back at my copy of The End of Alzheimer’s. In the pages on bioidentical hormones, Dr Bredesen mentions estradiol specifically, and in parentheses says “and, to a lesser extent, related estrogens, estrone and estriol”. I largely rely on his information to guide my own journey. He recommends specific target range for estradiol. I haven’t seen targets for the other estrogens.
I think that is because, as you note, “in studies ….they always seem to use estradiol”.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

This is from a Scripp's News Letter I follow:

Discovery could explain why women are more likely to get Alzheimer’s
Researchers have revealed that a harmful form of an inflammatory immune protein called complement C3 was present at much higher levels in the brains of women who had died with the disease, compared to men. They also showed that estrogen—which drops in production during menopause—normally protects against the creation of this form of complement C3.

Full article here: https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-events ... imers.html
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health