Polygenic info used to identify risk of AD

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
jkramer65
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Polygenic info used to identify risk of AD

Post by jkramer65 »

MarcR wrote:
MyDestinyisfromGod wrote:I have one Apoe4. They wouldn’t tell me what the other one was.
There's a quick way to figure it out for yourself. Open your 23andMe raw data file in a text editor like Notepad or Textedit, and search for "45412079". Likely there will only be one or two matches in the file, and one of them will be labelled "rs7412". That's the SNP you want. If you are "CC" at that SNP, you are a 3/4; if you are CT at that SNP, you are a 2/4. (You can search directly for rs7412, but unless your text editor has a way to include a trailing tab in your search string you will find many matches like rs7412983, rs7412149, etc.)

Please let me know what you find out as I want to understand the range of Dash outcomes for each APOE genotype.
(I had put those bits of information into the post that took me so long to write that it timed out and was lost :D ).
Perhaps you tried this already, but for future reference just in case you didn't ... when that has happened to me, I have been able to find the compose window with my text using the back button of my browser. Then I select the text, copy it into the clipboard for safekeeping, and resubmit. If that doesn't work, I can open up a new compose window and paste my text in from the clipboard.

Isn't CC e4/e4?A COMBO OF RS7412 AND RS429358, Oops not yelling.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Yes, my suggestion quoted above is particular to the other member's situation in which having one E4 is already a given.
xingxu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xingxu »

@MyDestinyisfromGod @jkramer65

We are adding the APOE subtypes into the report shortly.
jkramer65 wrote:
MarcR wrote:
MyDestinyisfromGod wrote:I have one Apoe4. They wouldn’t tell me what the other one was.
There's a quick way to figure it out for yourself. Open your 23andMe raw data file in a text editor like Notepad or Textedit, and search for "45412079". Likely there will only be one or two matches in the file, and one of them will be labelled "rs7412". That's the SNP you want. If you are "CC" at that SNP, you are a 3/4; if you are CT at that SNP, you are a 2/4. (You can search directly for rs7412, but unless your text editor has a way to include a trailing tab in your search string you will find many matches like rs7412983, rs7412149, etc.)

Please let me know what you find out as I want to understand the range of Dash outcomes for each APOE genotype.
(I had put those bits of information into the post that took me so long to write that it timed out and was lost :D ).
Perhaps you tried this already, but for future reference just in case you didn't ... when that has happened to me, I have been able to find the compose window with my text using the back button of my browser. Then I select the text, copy it into the clipboard for safekeeping, and resubmit. If that doesn't work, I can open up a new compose window and paste my text in from the clipboard.

Isn't CC e4/e4?A COMBO OF RS7412 AND RS429358, Oops not yelling.
Disclaimer: I am one of the co-founders of Dash Genomics.
jkramer65
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jkramer65 »

MarcR wrote:Yes, my suggestion quoted above is particular to the other member's situation in which having one E4 is already a given.
But I mean CC AND CC so if you are CC at rs7412 and a CC at rs429358 isn't that a 4/4?
So CC alone with rs7412 is one copy of an e4 correct?

What am I not getting?
jkramer65
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jkramer65 »

MyDestinyisfromGod wrote:Hi Marc,

I was trying to figure out how to upload my raw data from 23 and Me when I realized you were just asking about how many of the Apoe4 genes I have. :D I have one Apoe4. (I had put those bits of information into the post that took me so long to write that it timed out and was lost :D ). They wouldn’t tell me what the other one was. I sent an email to ask and they said it doesn’t matter because it isn’t something that causes Alzheimer’s. I wanted to know though because I had read that either the 2 or the 3 helps lessen the risk and I thought it might help offset the 4.

My Polygenic Hazard Score is 93. Thank you for the information from the other site. I will definitely check that out
You can also upload your data to Promethese or on Dr. Rhonda Patrick's site -- foundmyfitness.com it is $10 for a comprehensive report but FREE for an APOE only report.
MyDestinyisfromGod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MyDestinyisfromGod »

Thank you! I did do the Promethease. I found that I was 3/4. And I don’t have the genes for early onset. With my chances not passing the 50 percentile until age 86, it’s not as bad as it could be. I did hear about (okay I searched out) a trial near me testing aducanumab. It’s a pretty promising drug that looks to be clearing out the tau in the brain. They have said they would scan my brain with a few different tests and if I have enough of the amyloid in my brain, they will put me in the study. I won’t be in it if I score too high on the asssessments and /or my brain doesn’t show much amyloid. So frankly, I’m doubtful I would qualify (which I would be happy about). But one good thing is that they would have a baseline for me for future reference. If I do qualify, they’ll give me the drug intravenously once a month and scan me again every three months. It’s a study by Biogen. They said it would be January before they’re ready for me to come in. This center is in Indiana.
MyDestinyisFromGod
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Here are my DASH results:

Polygenic Hazard Score: 81
AZ50: 87
ApoE carrier status: 3/4
Current age: 49
Cognitive status: intact
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
MyDestinyisfromGod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MyDestinyisfromGod »

Hi Plumster,

It looks like we're in the same boat (I'm 3/4, AZ50:86, PHS 93, Age 53). We can keep an eye on each other for the next 30 years. :O
MyDestinyisFromGod
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

:P Sounds good, let's do it!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

jkramer65 wrote:
MarcR wrote:Yes, my suggestion quoted above is particular to the other member's situation in which having one E4 is already a given.
But I mean CC AND CC so if you are CC at rs7412 and a CC at rs429358 isn't that a 4/4?
So CC alone with rs7412 is one copy of an e4 correct?

What am I not getting?
The member had EXACTLY one E4. She already knew that she was NOT a 4/4. This implies that she is CT at rs429358. With that fact as a given, the other options, 2/4 and 3/4, can be distinguished by looking only at rs7412. I used the chart at the SNPedia APOE page to figure that out for her.