Spirit animal

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Spirit animal

Post by Stavia »

So we had a great day at the zoo.
Some of us chose our spirit animal - mine is the pygmy hippocampus!
Rounded, chilled, and adorable.

Julie chose a giraffe, Mr Julie a bear, Theresa a giant eagle predator. We weren't sure about George.

Anyone else have an affinity for a particular animal?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Spirit animal

Post by Stavia »

And here is Julie and me with our gorilla cousin. Sorry, I've posted it before.

Russ reminds us that the great ape apoe4, although structurally like ours, might functionally act more like apoe3.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0047760

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I think we decided for George, he is a very energetic, highly curious monkey.

For anyone who would like to view, download, whatever the photos I took on our San Diego Zoo trip, you can open this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

A monkey is perfect for curious George! Stavia is adorable like the pygmy hippo, but after spending time with her, I can confirm her hippocampus is HUGE. Unwinding at the zoo was a perfect antidote to days of lectures. It was a pleasure and honor to spend time with everyone. Miss you all already. -xo
WhatNext
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by WhatNext »

The picture I use as my avatar was taken at the Seacrest Wolf Preserve in the Florida panhandle. That is a 100% wolf I'm petting and yes he is licking my face. My spirit animal though would never be in a zoo: I've believed for a long time that my totem animal is a black dog. I know a black dog is associated with depression: Winston Churchill suffered from depression and called it his "black dog", and then there's "The Grim" from the Harry Potter movies. I've had some remarkable experiences with black dogs though. When I was about 24 years old I spent a few days with a friend in Isla Vista California, and one night I decided to take a walk along the beach. While I was still in town a large shaggy black dog came up and started trotting alongside me. He walked beside me out to the beach and along the beach for maybe an hour. Once he ducked into some shrubbery and I assumed he was taking care of business so I waited for him to return, which he did and we continued our walk. When we were back in town, right at the corner where I turned to go back to my friend's house, he parted ways with me and I never saw him again. It could have been a female actually--it was too dark and he/she was too shaggy for me to tell. I've always thought the dog was protecting me that night-- who knows.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

great narrative WhatNext!

Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Ah..who can resist the Curious George books? George landed the perfect Spirit animal (by consensus, I would think). Mine has to be the gorilla. When I volunteered at the city zoo, I hung out w/them as much as I could until they complained to the management...

Wonderful pics, Theresa...thanks so much for posting. As much as I enjoyed this Conference, the best part for me was reconnecting with my E4 sisters and brothers and meeting our new members. Thanks so much giraffe Julie for ALL your work and planning. You are amazing (as is Mr Julie!).
Last edited by Lucy5 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyjane
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ladyjane »

The noble elephant would be my spirit animal. These magnificent creatures represent all that is majestic about Africa. Elephants are extremely intelligent, sensitive, sympathetic, and love their family. And they never forget. What every APOE4 strives to maintain: a memory like an elephant!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Welcome back from your San Diego adventure! Great photos here and the ones Theresa took!

It's interesting to learn what your spirit animals are. Mine is the lion. The lion is teaching me to be courageous and lionhearted. The lion has come to me many times in dreams and in deep inner work. One time, I was about to begin a home study course in copywriting, and I suddenly felt exhausted and went into my meditation room to rest. I ended up having a short, visual process where my lion walked over to my stack of course materials and promptly peed on them. I got the clear message that copywriting was not the direction for me to take with my writing!

One summer during college, I embarked on an embroidery project. It was my first (and only) one ever, and I picked a doozy. It was of a male lion's head. The project was large and quite involved, but I felt drawn to it. It took me all summer to finish it. In the years since, it's mostly been stored in the attic, but I now have it on a wall in my exercise room. At the time, I didn't know the lion was my spirit animal.
My Embroidered Lion.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

That's beautiful Alysson! What dedication.