How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
NotAlone8357
Contributor
Contributor

New 4/4 and finding keto diet hard at age 66

Post by NotAlone8357 »

Thank you so much for the information. I am new to the site, just found out last May from 23&me that I have 2 of the AopE4 variant. I am 66 and have no sign of any decline. I want to do what ever I can NOW to prevent what could happen later. I have been on the keto diet but find it very hard to stay with it.
I will check out your web site and learn what I can thank you.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by Jan »

Working out how to stick to a new way of eating can take a while, Notalone. That's perfectly normal, so don't worry that it doesn't come automatically right away. Each day is a chance to start again. :-) That you're showing no signs of cognitive decline at 66 is excellent, and suggests to me that you have done a lot of things right, over the years. By posting in this thread, I assume you are aware of Dr. Dale Bredesen's book, The End of Alzheimer's: the First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline. Many members of the site look over the points of the protocol to see if there are additional items they want to examine in their own lives. And we're definitely here with you to try to help with questions as they come up. Welcome!
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
leslier
New User
New User

Post by leslier »

Hello everyone, I would like to find a Bredesen protocol trained doctor in the Washington DC area. Can someone help direct me? Thank you so much for your help! I signed up for the recode but haven't received an email yet so not sure I did it correctly. Leslie
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

leslier wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to find a Bredesen protocol trained doctor in the Washington DC area. Can someone help direct me? Thank you so much for your help! I signed up for the recode but haven't received an email yet so not sure I did it correctly. Leslie
Welcome Leslie!
Seems like an easy question, right? But it's a little trickier, since "Bredesen-trained" is generally used to refer to doctors and other health care professionals who have done a prescribed online course (or in-person) through the Institute for Functional Medicine, which was developed in coordination with Dr. Bredesen's website: MPI Cognition. Here's a link to the MPI Cognition website: https://www.drbredesen.com/ . You can also check our Wiki for practitioners who are knowledgeable about ApoE4 here: ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners. A third resource are the reviews submitted by forum members about their own experiences with health care providers (who may not all be Bredesen-trained): Practitioner Reviews.

Let us know if we can be of help as you explore this site!
4/4 and still an optimist!
fatima zahra
New User
New User

Post by fatima zahra »

hello

please anybody to give me the adress of dale bredesen's protocol practionner in Paris ?

thank you so much in advance
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

fatima zahra wrote:hello

please anybody to give me the adress of dale bredesen's protocol practionner in Paris ?

Welcome to the site fatima zahra!
Unfortunately, I do not know any practitioners in France but that does not mean that there are not any.
Please contact Dr. Bredesen's office directly, maye they will be able to help you. Here is the link to the site:
https://www.drbredesen.com/mpicognition
Also, take a look at our list of Dr. Bredesen trained practitioners:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... ctitioners
I see that there is an office located in the UK listed, maybe you can contact them and ask for recommendations. Some doctors/ practitioners offer online/ tele-medicine services and do not require patient's in office visits.

In a mean time, I invite you to look around at our site. A great place to start exploring with is the PRIMER, full of wonderful information, written by our member- doctor Stavia.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

Please do not hesitate to ask if more questions arise.

Be well,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

fatima zahra wrote:hello
Hi Fatima,

Here is a link to our Wiki, with information about Dr. Karan "Raj" Gupta, who has offices in Boston, Massachusetts and in Lima Peru, but also offers telemedicine services to Europe, according to his website. He has completed training in the Bredesen Protocol and was recommended by one of our forum users, whose review can be find by link in the entry below. He does not speak French, but does speak English, Spanish and Hindi.
Good luck with your search!

Dr. Karen "Raj" Gupta
4/4 and still an optimist!
Balvarez
New User
New User

Post by Balvarez »

Does anyone know any Bredesen protocol-trained doctor in Spain?

I would greatly appreciate the information. It would be a pleasure to receive the treatment and share the results with everyone. Many thanks.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Balvarez wrote:Does anyone know any Bredesen protocol-trained doctor in Spain?
I would greatly appreciate the information. It would be a pleasure to receive the treatment and share the results with everyone. Many thanks.
Hello Balvarez and Welcome to the Community,
I do not see a recommendation for a provider in Spain but maybe someone will see this and post a resource. In the mean time, our Primer is a great resource as an introduction to helpful strategies. The Wiki and this How To Guide are valuable resources to take a deeper dive into various topics and to help you learn to navigate the Forums. Please update us when you find a provider in Spain that you recommend.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
DebS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebS »

Balvarez wrote:Does anyone know any Bredesen protocol-trained doctor in Spain?

Welcome Balvarez! I would also suggest that you check out our "Searching for a Practitioner" section of the Wiki as it has other ideas that may be helpful in finding a practitioner. Carrie S's idea to begin with the Primer will also help you get started. Feel free to reach out with more questions.
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Certified Reversing Cognitive Decline