Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

New publication on aluminum in brains of people with Alzheimer's. There is now a total of 229 brains of people with Alzheimer's that have been analyzed in four independent studies and on average these brains have much higher levels of aluminum as compared with the controls. Here is a write up my husband Dennis N Crouse did compiling the data from the 2018 study (link below) and autopsy data from other studies. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... rains.html

2018 Study:
Aluminum in Neurological Disease - a 36 Year Multicenter Study

This study autopsied 186 brains of people diagnosed with AD and 53 brains of controls without AD. The amount of aluminum in the temporal lobe was 6-fold greater in those with AD than the controls.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... hUTC3fp61A
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

For those who want to read more about aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's here are links to 2 evidenced based write ups. My mother in law continues to do fairly well. I am pleased to say she continues to live in her own home by herself. She has been living alone for the past year. My husband and I have been surprised and pleased at how well she has handled this transition. Her memory is good enough for her to manage both the house and her health on her own with very limited help. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/ ... s-disease/
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
rjkmhk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rjkmhk »

Hi laurie,
I've been reading studies that believe that 'stored iron in brain' is a cause for alzheimer..there is a drug in stage 2 trials that is supposed to rid the brain of the excess...I even put away my cast iron pans! What do you and your husband think? Thank you both for your excellent research and sharing!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

rjkmhk wrote:Hi laurie,
I've been reading studies that believe that 'stored iron in brain' is a cause for alzheimer..there is a drug in stage 2 trials that is supposed to rid the brain of the excess...I even put away my cast iron pans! What do you and your husband think? Thank you both for your excellent research and sharing!
There isn't sufficient evidence for iron to be a causal factor of Alzheimer's. When my husband first started researching trying to find a cause of Alzheimer's in order to find a treatment for his mother, being a chemist he put all metals on the suspect list. Iron did not make the cut. The data on aluminum is overwhelming and growing (see my post about how many Alzheimer's brains have been analyzed and extremely high levels of aluminum were found). I hope you can find the time to read the first chapter of his book which is available for free online.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
rjkmhk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rjkmhk »

I bought it from Amazon today as an ebook and very happy I did... I didn't remember iron being mentioned as a non-contributer so I wanted to ask... thanks!
leolouo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by leolouo »

Hi Everyone, i've just read the whole topic. A lot of very interesting information. When i was reading the 'evidence' saying AD patients had 6 Times more aluminium in their brain i was confused.
Couldnt it be that as a result of dementia, brain simply struggles to eradicate aluminium? From what ive Read, aluminium stacking can be a consequence of AD, not necessarily a cause. Especially that usually, such disease have various causes. The fact that EVERY AD brain have more aluminium make me think it points toward the aluminium as a consequence explanation more than anything
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

leolouo wrote:Hi Everyone, i've just read the whole topic. A lot of very interesting information. When i was reading the 'evidence' saying AD patients had 6 Times more aluminium in their brain i was confused.
Couldnt it be that as a result of dementia, brain simply struggles to eradicate aluminium? From what ive Read, aluminium stacking can be a consequence of AD, not necessarily a cause. Especially that usually, such disease have various causes. The fact that EVERY AD brain have more aluminium make me think it points toward the aluminium as a consequence explanation more than anything

Thank you so much for reading my post and the discussion posts that follow. Aluminum is causal not a consequence because of its neurotoxicity. The brains of people with Alzheimer's atrophy in certain regions and those same regions have been found to have the highest levels of aluminum than other parts of the brain. The neurotoxicity of aluminum is enhanced in the presence of beta amyloid oligomers. People with APOE-4 have high amounts of beta amyloid oligomers. In addition there is a just published study (Jan 2020) that links beta amyloid to aluminum in brains of people with Familial Alzheimer's. In the brains that were autopsied aluminum was colocated in the beta amyloid. Here is a link to the recent brain autopsies. https://content.iospress.com/articles/j ... /jad191140

You may want to read more as 7 largest epidemiology studies thus far conducted found an increased risk of Alzheimer's when the drinking water had over 100 ppb of aluminum. A summary of the epidemiology studies can be found in appendix VI of my husbands book Prevent Alzheimer's Autism and Stroke...... In case I haven't posted this in this thread here is a link to the first chapter of the book which presents researching making the case for Aluminum being a causal factor. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

It has been over 2 years since I made this post. Where people are continuing to read this post I decided to edit the post and put an update before my original post. Here is the update.
"Update (original post is below) It has been 2 years and 4 months since I made my first post. I am very encouraged to see how many people have read my posts about aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's and how drinking silica rich water can improve cognition in people with Alzheimer's. I have a post about my mother in law reversing her Alzheimer's and I wanted to give an update on her and provide information about research that has been published since I wrote this post.

My mother in law who has been drinking silica rich mineral water for about 5 years is now 93 and is still living in her own home by herself. My father in law died over a year ago and we have been surprised and pleased with how my mother in law has managed. She continues to drink silica water (not as much as we would like) and takes her supplements. Her short term memory is not perfect but she is able to manage a household on her own with very little help.

The evidence that aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's continues to mount. There is now a total of 229 brains of people with Alzheimer's that have been analyzed in four independent studies and on average these brains have much higher levels of aluminum as compared with the controls.
https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... 000457.pdf

https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... -with.html

Here is an evidence based write up on aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Laurie and others, ConsumerLab says in their boron review that citrate containing supplements increase the absorption of aluminum from medicines and foods. They claim if you don't have kidney issues and don't take aluminum containing medicine's, it's okay. I don't recall this coming up before but may have missed it. I suspect a lot of us take citrate containing supplements. Maybe if we're otherwise not ingesting any aluminum (maybe requires eating all organic everything?) it's okay. Dunno.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:Laurie and others, ConsumerLab says in their boron review that citrate containing supplements increase the absorption of aluminum from medicines and foods. They claim if you don't have kidney issues and don't take aluminum containing medicine's, it's okay. I don't recall this coming up before but may have missed it. I suspect a lot of us take citrate containing supplements. Maybe if we're otherwise not ingesting any aluminum (maybe requires eating all organic everything?) it's okay. Dunno.
Consumer Labs gives no references for this information. I did a google search and found studies that say "citrate containing supplements increase the absorption of aluminum" and others that say if your kidney's are functioning this isn't an issue. I have sent the articles to my husband who you know is a chemist. I will let you know what his conclusions.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse