Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

My original post from 2017 is below. The first paragraph is in bold.

2022 Update: My husband Dennis N Crouse has published his 4th book. The evidence that aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's continues to mount. "Finding a Cause and Potential Cures for Alzheimer's Disease: Climbing the Ladder of AD Causation" In this book he presents information on 15 biomarkers(hallmarks) which have been identified for diagnosing Alzheimer’s (for example beta amyloid, Tau, brain atrophy, glucose metabolism ……) to see if any of these could be a cause of Alzheimer’s. What he presents is every biomarker is a ‘mediator’ for aluminum causing Alzheimer’s.

2021 Update In 2021 my mother in law had an MRI which confirmed the diagnosis of Alzheimer's. She also was tested and is ApoE 3e/4e.

2019 It has been 2 years and 4 months since I made my first post. I am very encouraged to see how many people have read my posts about aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's and how drinking silica rich water can improve cognition in people with Alzheimer's. I have a post in this forum about my mother in law reversing her Alzheimer's and I wanted to give an update on her and provide information about research that has been published since I wrote this post.

My mother in law who has been drinking silica rich mineral water for about 5 years is now 93 and is still living in her own home by herself. My father in law died over a year ago and we have been surprised and pleased with how my mother in law has managed. She continues to drink silica water (not as much as we would like) and takes her supplements. Her short term memory is not perfect but she is able to manage a household on her own with very little help.

The evidence that aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's continues to mount. There is now a total of 229 brains of people with Alzheimer's that have been analyzed in four independent studies and on average these brains have much higher levels of aluminum as compared with the controls.
https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... 000457.pdf

https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... -with.html

Here is an evidence based write up on aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... chapter-1/

This is my first post to this forum. I have been reading the information posted in this forum and am surprised there isn’t more information/discussion about aluminum and Alzheimer’s. My mother in law has Alzheimer’s and my husband and I have spent the last several years researching ways to help her. I am very pleased to say we have achieved our goal. My mother in law’s cognition has improved and her “sundowners” has decreased. She is 91 and we are hopeful she will not have to go through the final stages of Alzheimer’s.

My husband, Dennis N Crouse, has a doctorate in chemistry and his approach was to read the scientific literature. His conclusion, research has reached a tipping point and aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer’s. Silica is effective at removing aluminum from our bodies. The major change my mother in law has made is eliminating sources of aluminum in her daily life, taking some supplements (all made by the body) and drinking silica water. It appears the silica water has had the most impact. I am passionate about sharing the information my husband and I have learned so other people can prevent this disease or slow down the progression of the disease. My husband and I have always been focused on keeping ourselves healthy. We have changed and added many new things to our daily lives based on the information we learned. (update: testing in 2021 I am ApoE 3/4 and my husband is ApoE 2/4).

My perspective on Alzheimer’s has changed dramatically! Alzheimer’s can be prevented and it isn’t an inevitable part of aging. My husband and I have made an evidenced based video sharing some of the information we have learned. The video will most likely change your perspective on this disease. Brain fitness in the aluminum age – Preventing Alzheimer’s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGmYsFPHguA

How is aluminum related to ApoE -4 ? A quote from my husband “Those who have the ApoE 4 or 4/4 gene have higher concentrations of beta amyloid oligomers that react with aluminum forming a toxic complex that kills neurons. This complex is 10 times more toxic than beta amyloid and amyloid plaque.” Here is a link to a scientific paper which describes this in more detail. The author is Denise Drago - Aluminum Modulates Effects of βAmyloid1–42 on Neuronal Calcium Homeostasis and Mitochondria Functioning and Is Altered in a Triple Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease 2008
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10 ... .2008.0761

I am looking forward to sharing the information we have learned and the steps we have taken to prevent Alzheimer’s with this community.

I set up an informational Facebook group in 2020 'Alzheimer's Late and Early Onset and APOE-4'. A lot of information from my husband's books are available on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/509038829797535/
Last edited by laurie on Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by Julie G »

Great information and welcome, Laurie! We're happy to have your expertise. I'm also under the impression that E4 carriers clear heavy metals (including aluminum) poorly contributing to our increased levels. FWIW, I did a quick search on our site and found 81 hits on the topic. (You can find our search engine to the right of your name by clicking the row of 3 vertical squares.) I'm so happy that addressing aluminum has been helpful for your mother-in-law. Some of our members drink Fiji water to get the silica benefit.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by circular »

Welcome laurie! What an inspiring story! I look forward to watching the video.

In the meantime, do you recommend an effective, aluminum-free something or other that’s not only a deodorant but also an antiperspirant? I read most or all of the salt ones are out because of something else in them, and have never found anything all that good.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
cwicker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cwicker »

My daughter uses a product by Schmidt's Also, the MOM blends are effective I believe.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Laurie welcome!

I have recently encountered online claims that only a certain type of bottled water (e.g. Fiji)
would have the correct chemical properties to have an anti-AD preventative or therapeutic effect.
Apparently other supplements do not make silicic acid (thus, need to buy the bottled water)?
Good if a chemist could comment on such claims.

Any comments on Methylene Blue/LMTX?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:Welcome laurie! What an inspiring story! I look forward to watching the video.

In the meantime, do you recommend an effective, aluminum-free something or other that’s not only a deodorant but also an antiperspirant? I read most or all of the salt ones are out because of something else in them, and have never found anything all that good.
Finding a deodorant which works for you can be tricky. Stopping perspiration is a challenge when using an aluminum free product. You have to try different ones and find one that works for you. One of my male friends who perspires a lot has liked a product by Olivina (Cedar and Bourbon). Other deodorants are Arm and Hammer Essentials, Schmidt's (which offers ones with baking soda and one without -sensitive skin), Tom's of Maine
Make sure you don't use one that has alum in it. Some companies advertise this as a natural deodorant.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:Laurie welcome!

I have recently encountered online claims that only a certain type of bottled water (e.g. Fiji)
would have the correct chemical properties to have an anti-AD preventative or therapeutic effect.
Apparently other supplements do not make silicic acid (thus, need to buy the bottled water)?
Good if a chemist could comment on such claims.

Any comments on Methylene Blue/LMTX?
Silica water (dissolved silica) has been shown to be the most effective at removing aluminum. Dr. Chris Exley at Keele University in the UK has conducted this research. Fiji, Volvic, Spritzer are all high in silica. My husband Dennis N Crouse is a chemist and has a recipe for making your own silica water. Also here is an article he wrote about silica. I will ask my husband what Methylene Blue is. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... m/2017/08/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

cwicker wrote:My daughter uses a product by Schmidt's Also, the MOM blends are effective I believe.
Yes I forgot about MOM's sold by people's pharmacy.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Julie G wrote:Great information and welcome, Laurie! We're happy to have your expertise. I'm also under the impression that E4 carriers clear heavy metals (including aluminum) poorly contributing to our increased levels. FWIW, I did a quick search on our site and found 81 hits on the topic. (You can find our search engine to the right of your name by clicking the row of 3 vertical squares.) I'm so happy that addressing aluminum has been helpful for your mother-in-law. Some of our members drink Fiji water to get the silica benefit.
Thanks Julie - you have posted about aluminum on this site. I will have to continue to search for other posts.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

My best current estimate is that Methylene Blue is a cure for AD.

See the recent comments here :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2481

Also:
Methylene Blue AD Cure Celebration Thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3890

It was the first synthetic medicine and predates the FDA. I was very freaked out by the idea that it was
an autooxidizer. It seems to be its own electron transport chain. It has a wide range of
possible therapeutic applications: anti-psychosis, anti-depressant, anti-malarial, anti-AD.
Probably a good one to have in almost any medical emergency kit. It was the forerunner of
chlorpromazine which lead to a revolution in anti-psychotics.
http://dose-response.org/wp-content/upl ... z-Lima.pdf

I have already tried a 100 mg dose via the fish aquarium route. Doesn't taste great, blue
pee noted.

Our forum has also been interested in inorganic copper.
I like this reference:
http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/7/12/5513/htm

The suggestion that the dementia epidemic coincides with the Age of Industrial Metal
is as frightening as it is plausible. Apparently when looking back through the diaries of
people from previous eras, there was nowhere near as much dementia as now exists.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1833&hilit=copper

Yes, I was thinking precisely about some of the statements attributed to Dr. Exley.
For example, I have read online that he does not believe any supplement added to
water could be as effective an anti-dementing agent as the three recommended bottled
waters including Fiji Water.

I have the Eidon Ionic Minerals Silica Liquid Concentrate. I am not sure
whether this could be effective. Much of the research I have seen suggests using silica.

This could be easily tested by taking a supplement for a week and doing a before and after
measurement of urinary aluminum levels. Anyone interested?