Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by mike »

Tincup wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 am All of his books are very well referenced, I believe this most recent book has 416. I have not taken the time to chase down these references.
Yes, it is almost like he is bombarding the reader with references, but what is he really saying? Laurie describes in her response how aluminum kills neurons
you will see how aluminum kills neurons. Aluminum increases Beta Amyloid and causes Tau to be phosphorylated in a very specific manner
But this sounds exactly like this article I posted a couple of weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?t=8050

This also has references, which I checked when the paper was saying something I had not heard before, and they were good. This also explains why some folks can have lots of AB plaque, but not have AD. It also explains why some folks can get AD without having a bunch of AB plaque.

I'm not saying Aluminum can't also kill neurons, but they act like it THE reason...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by Tincup »

mike wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:13 pm I'm not saying Aluminum can't also kill neurons, but they act like it THE reason...
As mentioned, I have many things that I do, not just working on aluminum. There is no health downside that I see in addressing aluminum and depleting it from the body. It does take some time and effort. I'm not making the case that I think it is the sole thing that I will address.
CAngelS wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:44 am However, I have a friend in his 70s with AD, for whom drinking Fiji water was his only new/current preventative measure (in addition to walking, which is not new to him). At his last doctor’s appointment, his test scores showed measurable improvement (!!) after drinking one liter of silica water per day over the previous several months. He has a caring, engaged community, who are helping him live with purpose and meaning, also — we were very encouraged!
For people like CAngelS friend, my protocol is not realistic. Few will do what I do and especially those who are already cognitively compromised. Depleting aluminum (plus taking the recommended supplements) is a fairly simple protocol for someone to follow and likely more realistic for widespread adoption. Heck, I've had afib for nearly 18 years, including a 2 1/2 month episode in the first 4 months. I created a remission program that was blessed by my EP. The first 4 months, I was in afib 57% of the time. The next 17 1/2 years, it is more like 0.02%. A childhood friend was diagnosed recently with afib, i said I had some suggestions that might put it in remission. He told me my approach was too draconian and he'd rather be in afib. I'm certainly happy I can ski, rock climb and I have very few limitations on my activities. So I don't see my program as restriction, but everyone has their own point of view.
Tincup
E3,E4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Tincup wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:11 pm As mentioned, I have many things that I do, not just working on aluminum. There is no health downside that I see in addressing aluminum and depleting it from the body. It does take some time and effort. I'm not making the case that I think it is the sole thing that I will address.
Sorry Tincup, did not mean to imply that you were just working on Aluminum. Getting rid of Aluminum makes sense to me if it is high. Getting rid of any toxin you can makes sense. I myself had old leaky fillings replaced to prevent mercury.

What I did not like about the book is that it said that Aluminum was the key cause of AD, and I just don't buy it. There are too many causes. Too many ways to kill neurons. Made it kind of hard to read after that.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Mike I can understand why it is difficult to believe that aluminum is the primary cause of Alzheimer's. You aren't the only one. For the past 2 decades the pharmaceutical industry has pushed the Beta Amyloid Hypothesis. The result being drug failure after drug failure using drugs that target Beta Amyloid. There are now a lot of people in the field questioning the Beta Amyloid Hypothesis.

Dennis in his latest evidence based book presents information on 15 biomarkers(hallmarks) which have been identified for diagnosing Alzheimer’s (for example beta amyloid, Tau, brain atrophy, glucose metabolism ……) to see if any of these could be a cause of Alzheimer’s. What he presents is every biomarker is a ‘mediator’ for aluminum causing Alzheimer’s or the result of aluminum toxicity.

Thank you Tincup for posting information about Dennis' book. This information is so important and will help so many people prevent this beyond devastating disease.

For anyone who wants to test for aluminum, a 24 hour urine test is the most reliable way. In the US Request a test provides this service in some states. Here is a write up. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... hour+urine
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

laurie wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:06 am Mike I can understand why it is difficult to believe that aluminum is the primary cause of Alzheimer's. You aren't the only one. For the past 2 decades the pharmaceutical industry has pushed the Beta Amyloid Hypothesis. The result being drug failure after drug failure using drugs that target Beta Amyloid. There are now a lot of people in the field questioning the Beta Amyloid Hypothesis.
Laurie, I've long believed AB to be a defensive mechanism and not a cause of AD. That's why I approached the following article with a lot of skepticism.

Neurotoxic Soluble Amyloid Oligomers Drive Alzheimer’s Pathogenesis and Represent a Clinically Validated Target for Slowing Disease Progression https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8231952/

But every time they claimed something that went against my belief on how AD works, I went into their references and they were solid, backed by reputable research. AB does not cause AD. But AB Oligomers might. It explains how you can have a lot of AB plaque and not get AD, and the opposite of little AB plaque but has AD.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Aluminum is a causal factor in increasing the amount of neurotoxic beta amyloid oligomers in the brain and increasing the neurotoxicity of the beta amyloid 77,51-53. In addition, aluminum containing AB 1-42 oligomers (0.5 micromole) are more neurotoxic than aluminum-free AB 1-42 oligomers (0.5micromole)53. Therefore aluminum is the causal factor of Alzheimer’s and an increased level of neurotoxic beta amyloid oligomers is a mediator of aluminum causing AD.

A potential reason for why aluminum increases the risk of AD in those with the ApoE4 allele is that this allele not only increases the risk of AD at an early age it also increases the amount of cerebral beta-amyloid (AB 1-42)178.

Rung 6 in the book Finding a Cause and Potential Cures for Alzheimer’s Disease Climbing the Ladder of AD Causation by Dennis N Crouse discusses this research in detail. Here is the introduction of the book. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... or.html

77. Wang, Y., et al.; Effect of aluminum combined with ApoE4 on tau phosphorylation and AB deposition; J. Trace Elem. Med. Biol.; March; 64:126700 (2021)
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... deposition

178. Farrer, L.A., et al.; Effects of age, sex, and ethnicity on the association between apolipoprotein E genotype and Alzheimer disease; Oct.; JAMA; 278(16):1349-56 (1997) You can join research gate for free to get this paper https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Consortium

51. Luo, Y., et al.; Altered expression of Abeta metabolism-associated molecules from D-galactose/AlCl(3) induced mouse brain; Mech. Ageing Dev. Apr.; 130(4):248-52 (2008)
52. Liang, R.F., et al.; Impact of sub-chronic aluminum-maltolate exposure on catabolism of amyloid precursor protein in rats; Biomed. Environ. Sci.; 26(6):445-52 (2013)

53 Drago, D., et al.; Potential pathological role of -amyloid1-42-aluminum complex in Alzheimer’s disease; Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol.; 40:731-46 (2008) https://research.rug.nl/en/publications ... mplex-in
https://research.rug.nl/en/publications ... complex-in
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

laurie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:15 am A potential reason for why aluminum increases the risk of AD in those with the ApoE4 allele is that this allele not only increases the risk of AD at an early age it also increases the amount of cerebral beta-amyloid (AB 1-42)178.
Just to get this straight - Aluminum is THE cause of dementia and AD? So a person with T2D and wildly fluctuating glucose will not get dementia if their aluminum is okay!? How exactly does that work?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I made a mistake and tried to delete this and can't figure out how to do that so I will post a link to the introduction of Dennis' book for people following this thread. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... s-for.html
Last edited by laurie on Tue May 10, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

mike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 pm
laurie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:15 am A potential reason for why aluminum increases the risk of AD in those with the ApoE4 allele is that this allele not only increases the risk of AD at an early age it also increases the amount of cerebral beta-amyloid (AB 1-42)178.
Just to get this straight - Aluminum is THE cause of dementia and AD? So a person with T2D and wildly fluctuating glucose will not get dementia if their aluminum is okay!? How exactly does that work?
Dennis’ book ‘Finding a cause and potential cures for Alzheimer’s….. ’ proves aluminum is a cause of AD. There are many causes of dementia. For those who are not familiar with Type II diabetes, a symptom is hypo glucose metabolism due to low levels of insulin or insufficient insulin activity. A biomarker of Alzheimer’s is hypo glucose metabolism not due to glucose availability but due to the inhibition of glucose phosphorylation caused by aluminum. (page 40 – 43 in Dennis’ book)

Here is a research paper, I am trying to get/find the whole paper. High-dose aluminum exposure induces insulin resistance by reducing the expression of insulin receptor β and insulin receptor substrate 1 "Conclusion: High-dose aluminum exposure can lead to elevated blood glucose and insulin resistance through the regulation of insulin receptor protein levels" https://www.dustri.com/article_response ... X01539&L=0
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Laurie.
"Conclusion: High-dose aluminum exposure can lead to elevated blood glucose and insulin resistance through the regulation of insulin receptor protein levels" https://www.dustri.com/article_response ... X01539&L=0
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)