Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
harpsicon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by harpsicon »

Laurie,

You say that a 24-hour urine test is the best way to test for aluminum in the body.

Does this mean that the serum aluminum test I got from LabCorp, which showed a reading of 3, well within the good zone, is not to be trusted?

Thanks!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

harpsicon wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:59 am Laurie,

You say that a 24-hour urine test is the best way to test for aluminum in the body.

Does this mean that the serum aluminum test I got from LabCorp, which showed a reading of 3, well within the good zone, is not to be trusted?

Thanks!
A blood test indicates your level of aluminum at one point in time. It heavily reflects what you recently consumed. So the good news is if you were doing what you normally due in terms of ingestion you aren't being exposed to high levels of aluminum. A 24 hour urine test is more representative of both your average aluminum ingestion and your average release of aluminum which has been stored in your body.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

laurie wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:50 am
harpsicon wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:59 am Laurie,

Thanks!
A blood test indicates your level of aluminum at one point in time. It heavily reflects what you recently consumed. So the good news is if you were doing what you normally due in terms of ingestion you aren't being exposed to high levels of aluminum. A 24 hour urine test is more representative of both your average aluminum ingestion and your average release of aluminum which has been stored in your body.
Hi Laurie, I'm just curious ... If the 24 hour urine test result is low, how do you know whether that's due to one's average aluminum ingestion being low or whether it's due to poor release of too much aluminum that's being ingested?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Nice to hear from you Circular. You could do 2 tests 1. A 24 hour urine test for aluminum 2. a 24 hour urine test after drinking silica water for a week (4 cups a day, spread the drinking throughout the day). If anyone decides to do either or both tests please let me know as I have more data than the lab will give you to interpret the results.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
MiniJunkie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MiniJunkie »

I’m fairly convinced to - at a minimum - start drinking Fiji water!

But what I’m wondering is - if there are some pretty clear, researchable links between Aluminum and AD, why doesn’t it come up more in books, articles, papers etc? And if anything, when it does come up it’s usually to say there’s been no connection found or it’s a myth?

Like I said - I’m convinced. But I find it strange that a lot of researchers…aren’t? Are they funded by “big Aluminum” (lol)?
49M, married with 3 kids, my mother has advanced Alzheimer’s, and I am 4/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

MiniJunkie wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:23 am I’m fairly convinced to - at a minimum - start drinking Fiji water!

But what I’m wondering is - if there are some pretty clear, researchable links between Aluminum and AD, why doesn’t it come up more in books, articles, papers etc? And if anything, when it does come up it’s usually to say there’s been no connection found or it’s a myth?

Like I said - I’m convinced. But I find it strange that a lot of researchers…aren’t? Are they funded by “big Aluminum” (lol)?
My husband Dennis N Crouse has just published a book titled "Finding a Cause and Potential Cures for Alzheimer's Disease: Climbing the Ladder of AD Causation" In the book he presents the scientific literature from around the world regarding aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's. I have written about this book above.

Here is part of the introduction to the book which answers your question. Here is a link to the introduction of the book. "AD research has been dominated by some very large and financially powerful players (e.g., aluminum industry, pharmaceutical industry and their partner the Alzheimer’s Organization). For instance, the pharmaceutical industry and their partners have focused on developing a treatment for amyloid accumulation without much success. The aluminum industry and their partners have attempted to take the focus off aluminum accumulation as a cause of AD. These groups have even called “aluminum accumulation a cause of AD” - a myth. Calcium dyshomeostasis until recently has had no big-pharma support. Rather than focusing on just one hypothesis with a financial motive, this book presents a unifying theory by first focusing on epidemiology related to increased risk of AD and then drawing conclusions as to the cause and potential cures for AD." https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... causation/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

laurie wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:56 am .
Laurie started this thread in 2017. For those that are new, here is my quick & high level summary. Her husband, Dennis Crouse is a Harvard PhD Chemist. His ApoE3/4 mother started displaying dementia symptoms in her 80's. Dennis researched the problem and one thing he found is that in areas of the world with naturally high levels of a certain form of silica (OSA) in the water, the incidence of Alzheimer's was ~ two orders of magnitude less than elsewhere. OSA water will deplete aluminum from the body. Fiji brand water has OSA in it in the required concentration. Dennis also created a recipe for a DIY version of high OSA water. He calls this "Silicade."

Dennis had his dad feed his mom Fiji water and she got better. After he passed at age 92, she started to regress.

Dennis created a testing protocol for aluminium. It involves a 24 hour urine collection while the person consumes 32 oz (1 l) of high OSA water over the day.

This is their document that goes into more detail
24 hour urine test for Aluminum -November 11,2021.pdf

After consuming the high OSA water for six years at 32 oz/day, they tested and their average was 0.59 μM/24 hours. This was less than the average result for the young (average age 22.5 years) healthy adults shown in Table 2 in the attached graphic below.

My 4/4 wife and I consumed 24 oz of Silicade for four years. I tested, then stopped for a year. She continued till she got a hip replacement and stopped for a few months during the recovery. My logic for testing was that I'd started a high iodine (50 mg/day) protocol and wanted to see if I could maintain my 4 year result of 0.59 μM/24 hours without the Silicade. On my second test and my wife's first in the last month we both tested at 1.15 μM/24 hours. From the data presented in Table 2, this would equate to about a healthy 33 year old. So still very good, but enough of a decrement for my results to restart the consumption Silicade for both of us at the 24 oz/day level.

24 hour urine test analysis.jpg

Laurie's posts on aluminum.

Laurie & Dennis' website & blog on the topic.

Dennis' books.

A summary of the iodine protocol information. DO NOT attempt this without understanding completely. Iodine can displace bromine, another halide, too quickly and cause bromism, which is TOXIC. The salt loading protocol along with companion nutrients for at least two weeks before iodine supplementation is required to mitigate this. Also note that TSH commonly increases for some months (could be many, until the thyroid is replete with iodine) as TSH increases an iodine symporter to bring iodine into the thyroid. Many docs will interpret this as hypothyroidism. A detailed examination of all the thyroid values is required.
Iodine repletion.pdf

What peaked my interest in iodine for heavy metal removal was this pristine hair mineral analysis post from the moderator of an iodine supplement group. He'd been doing this for many years.
Mod hair heavy metals.jpg

My July hair results with prior values from Feb are good, but not pristine.
Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 2.46.32 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Thank you Tincup for this post. Thank you for the links. In addition to the blog at our website Dennis has a blog on blogger. Here is a link to a blog post with a description of Dennis' most recently published book. There is information on Apoe 4 in this blog post. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... s-for.html

In Dennis' 3rd book "Increasing IQ........" there are 3 pages on Iodine. Iodine removes fluoride from the body. In this book and on blogger there are write ups on Mercury, Lead, and Arsenic removal using things that are either essential to or made by the body. Here is a link to the Mercury write up.http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... ethod.html

During the last 7 years I learned I am Apoe 3/4. When Dennis started this journey neither of us new his research would also protect my from Alzheimer's. Dennis is Apoe 2/4.

Dennis continues to read the scientific literature and does updates of his book about every 2 years.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

laurie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:51 pm Iodine removes fluoride from the body.
Hi Laurie,

So you both are 4's. I'm guessing Dennis' dad had at least one 2. It sounds like his dad was mentally well till he passed. If you've not been reading, homotaurine (tramiprosate) appears to be a structure corrector

I also did a test in July for iodine sufficiency (below). It is also a 24 hour urine test. If you've been taking iodine you stop for 4 or so days prior. Then you urinate 1st thing in the morning and throw away. Then take a pill that has 50 mg iodine and is 40% iodine and 60% iodide & collect urine for the next 24 hours. I also paid to have bromine/bromide, fluorine/fluoride & chloride results. I excreted almost all the iodine I consumed meaning I'm sufficient. I think sufficiency is considered > 90%. Dr. Brownstein mentions that many (90+%) patients who are naive to iodine supplementation have values in the 20-30% range or less. What is interesting to me is that after over a year of this supplementation, my bromine/bromide & fluorine/fluoride excretion results are still high. I also pulled some thyroid tests & TSH was 10.66 though free T3 and free T4 were in range. As mentioned above, this high TSH is to be expected for a while. I plan to do a consult with the moderator of the iodine forum as he's been doing this and helping others for ~10 years.

Male Iodine Bromine Fluorine Chloride Results 5Jul23.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Yes Dennis Dad was a APOE 2/3. Dennis' sister tested for APOE. Dennis' Dad had hypoxia dementia in his final days as he refused to wear oxygen which was need because of damage to his lungs from smoking and wood working.

In retrospect I think my maternal grandmother and maternal great grandmother had Alzheimer's.

I mentioned 'homotaurine (tramiprosate)' to Dennis and he said he has a folder on this. I will check your link to see if there have been any studies in the past 2 years.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse