Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

CAngelS wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:17 am

Thanks, Laurie & Tincup!

I would be interested in how long (&/or significant) the impact of the acid citrate dextrose might be on aluminum absorption(?) Any sense of that, Laurie?

And I'm interested in the paper you referenced also, Tincup. With so many contra-indicated issues to juggle at times, it sounds like you're taking wise steps to protect yourself.
From my husband
"ACD ( acid citric dextrose) is a solution of citric acid. sodium citrate and dextrose in water. It has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5, blood has a pH of 7.35 to 7.45 and is highly buffered. Therefore when ACD is added to blood, the citric acid binds to cations in the blood such as potassium, sodium and calcium. We know from the literature these salts have no influence on aluminum serum levels and no influence on the accumulation of aluminum in the body."

So the previous answer I posted "This is a mixture of citric acid and dextrose and it will facilitate the absorption of aluminum." was not the full story.

The reference Tincup posted helped to get a fuller understanding. Thank you Tincup.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Laurie
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

Tincup wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 pm Looking at this paper: J Am Coll Nutr. 1996 Feb;15(1):102-6. doi: 10.1080/07315724.1996.10718572.
The lack of influence of long-term potassium citrate and calcium citrate treatment in total body aluminum burden in patients with functioning kidneys, K Sakhaee 1, L Ruml, P Padalino, S Haynes, C Y Pak Abstract
Thank you for this paper. My husband just incorporated this information into the book he is currently writing. The book is focused on looking at all the biomarkers that have been identified for Alzheimer's and showing their link to aluminum. When he set out to write the book he wasn't certain how many biomarkers would involve aluminum. He now has around 20 biomarkers and all of them involve aluminum. He is applying current causal inference to show in more depth that aluminum is a major causal factor of Alzheimer's.

Laurie
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

laurie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:43 am From my husband
"ACD ( acid citric dextrose) is a solution of citric acid. sodium citrate and dextrose in water. It has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5, blood has a pH of 7.35 to 7.45 and is highly buffered. Therefore when ACD is added to blood, the citric acid binds to cations in the blood such as potassium, sodium and calcium. We know from the literature these salts have no influence on aluminum serum levels and no influence on the accumulation of aluminum in the body."

So the previous answer I posted "This is a mixture of citric acid and dextrose and it will facilitate the absorption of aluminum." was not the full story.

The reference Tincup posted helped to get a fuller understanding. Thank you Tincup.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Laurie
Does this mean that the citrate in platelet donation is safe? Thanks to both of you!
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Yes it is safe with regards to aluminum. You can breath a sigh of relief.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

That’s great news — thanks!
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

I just read Dennis Crouse's 4th book, "Finding a Cause and Potential Cures for Alzheimer's Disease: Climbing the Ladder of AD".

In his first book he applied Bradford Hill’s criteria for causation. All nine principles were met for aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer’s. In his new book he applies causal inference from Pearl and MacKenzie ‘s book “The Book of Why” 2018. Causal inference is expressed in two languages: causal diagrams expressing assertions of causation based upon what we know and a symbolic mathematical language expressing what we want to know. By repeating this causal inference with different data sets, the ladder of causation can be climbed with each rung supporting the original assertion, expressed as the first rung, and thereby making it stronger.”

In this book he presents information on 15 biomarkers(hallmarks) which have been identified for diagnosing Alzheimer’s (for example beta amyloid, Tau, brain atrophy, glucose metabolism ……) to see if any of these could be a cause of Alzheimer’s. What he presents is every biomarker is a ‘mediator’ for aluminum causing Alzheimer’s. Here is the intro for the book. I should note the book is technical.

I think Dennis presents a strong case. I've been convinced for over 4 years (March 2018) such that I've been making my own "Silicade," high OSA (orthosilicic acid) drink per his recipe. My wife and I consume 3 cups/day each. In 2021, after drinking 4 cups high OSA water/day for 6 years, Dennis (at 76) and Laurie did a 24 hour urine collection test for aluminum and had levels of healthy 22 year olds. The test protocol is explained in the 4th book.

Dennis' wife Laurie is a member here and she moderates a FB group on his work.
laurie wrote:
Tincup
E3,E4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Tincup wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:17 pm I think Dennis presents a strong case. I've been convinced for over 4 years (March 2018) such that I've been making my own "Silicade," high OSA (orthosilicic acid) drink per his recipe. My wife and I consume 3 cups/day each.
Tincup, have you actually noticed a difference in yourself after taking this? I started to read his 4th book, and I have a hard time with this style of writing. When I try Google to see if there have been much in the way of studies linking AL to AD, and I'm not finding much. This is typical of what I did find

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dem ... d-dementia
At present, there is no strong evidence to support the fears that coming in to contact with metals through using equipment or through food or water increases your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
To me, dementia is caused by neuron loss. AD is a subset where the neuron loss hits the Hippocampus in particular. So anything leading to neuron loss in the Hippocampus is a potential causation of AD.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Mike

Great you bought the book. Regarding your statement “dementia is caused by neuron loss. AD is a subset where the neuron loss hits the Hippocampus”, first autopsies of brains of people with Alzheimer’s has found the hippocampus is an aluminum hot spot. Accelerated brain atrophy is a ‘mediator’ of aluminum causing Alzheimer’s. I suggest you read rung 4 page 37 you will see how aluminum kills neurons. Aluminum increases Beta Amyloid and causes Tau to be phosphorylated in a very specific manner which is described in the book in Rung 11. Check out this reference Zarow, C., et al.; Correlates of hippocampal neuron number in Alzheimer’s https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 903 (2005)

As Tincup says the book is technical. I encourage you to keep reading. When I read the book at first I was having difficulty understanding the diagrams by the end of the book I loved the diagrams. It is a new language and it takes awhile to understand it.

I am a 3/4 and 68 years old. I have been drinking silica water for more than 6 years and taking nootropics. I have found my brain is sharper and quicker. ‘Senior moments’ have decreased and when I do have one my brain remembers fairly quickly. I also have a facebook group and have been collecting anecdotal information here is a link that has this information. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... lzheimers/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

mike wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:24 pm Tincup, have you actually noticed a difference in yourself after taking this? I started to read his 4th book, and I have a hard time with this style of writing. When I try Google to see if there have been much in the way of studies linking AL to AD, and I'm not finding much. This is typical of what I did find

Mike,

Yesterday posted about having questions in a interview about my response to my AD risk, including this one:

1) Do you understand how changing your behaviors or lifestyle (e.g., physical activity, eating habits) can have a positive impact on your health?

I answered that one of my friends said my lifestyle was "6 Sigma" (i.e. six standard deviations above the average). Hence I do a laundry list of lifestyle factors and can't point to any one action as being useful (then the interviewer wanted me to elaborate, which I did). I am cognitively well.

Dennis' first book had 667 references, from memory. I took the time to chase down a number of them. As I recall, there are a number of places in the world which have high OSA (orthosilicic acid or silica) in the drinking water and the population level of AD is two orders of magnitude less than the rest of the world. Association is not causation, but this spoke to me. All of his books are very well referenced, I believe this most recent book has 416. I have not taken the time to chase down these references.
Tincup
E3,E4
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

Tincup wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 am …one of my friends said my lifestyle was "6 Sigma" (i.e. six standard deviations above the average). Hence I do a laundry list of lifestyle factors and can't point to any one action as being useful (then the interviewer wanted me to elaborate, which I did). I am cognitively well.
I’m in the same boat as Tincup as to lifestyle factors and preventative measures (well…my boat may be a little more like a life boat or a canoe than a “6 Sigma” yacht, but still :lol: )

However, I have a friend in his 70s with AD, for whom drinking Fiji water was his only new/current preventative measure (in addition to walking, which is not new to him). At his last doctor’s appointment, his test scores showed measurable improvement (!!) after drinking one liter of silica water per day over the previous several months. He has a caring, engaged community, who are helping him live with purpose and meaning, also — we were very encouraged!