Our 2018 Meet-up

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Liko
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Our 2018 Meet-up

Post by Liko »

ellenjanemccallum wrote:
I am a naturopathic nutritionist in the UK , hoping to come to the next meet up and would be happy to help out with whatever is needed,

Ellen
Hi Ellen! Welcome and thank you for your generous offer to assist with the meetup! I hope you'll share your nutrition expertise here on the forum as well. You may have already been able to review the Primer and Wiki since joining, but I wanted to point them out just in case. :) If you're comfortable posting an introduction, please do so in Our Stories. Have a great day!
Kaliko
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Julie G wrote:I've also noticed that the Annual Alzheimer's International Conference is in Chicago this year, July 22-26.

And, as always, please feel free to shout out if you'd like to host a regional meet-up just to socialize.
Hi Julie G--I might be interested in attending the Annual Alzheimer's Conference in Chicago. Have you attended before (whole conference, or just for a day?)?

I would also like to do another Midwest regional meet-up. I'm happy to help plan/host.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

Hi Julie,

I am happy to help out with organizing the meeting or anything else. I will message you separately to introduce myself. Thanks for everything that you do!

:)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

YES, JML- I'm very interested in attending. I'm considering the whole conference. It's pricey, but I suspect that there will be very helpful information for us peppered throughout. I also suspect that it will also be a good networking opportunity. Last year, several researcher attendees were emailing me looking for representatives from our group. I hope others will consider joining, if even for a day. I'm somewhat concerned that it will be too technical for some, (like me- giggle ;)) and not as focused upon prevention/remediation strategies as other conferences that we've attended in the past. With that in mind, PLEASE recommend similar opportunities here.

JML, please feel free to start a new thread on another Chicago meet-up. I'd love to attend.

Waves, Grace! We'd love your help in putting together our conferences. I'm about to announce many newly created committees and that particular one, "Conferences," has remained unstaffed (except for me) until now.
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

Count me in on that committee, Julie G! :)
ccfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ccfield »

Julie G wrote:
I've also noticed that the Annual Alzheimer's International Conference is in Chicago this year, July 22-26. It was in London last year and subsequently out of reach to many of us. I'm very tempted to attend. Is anyone else interested in this?
I am very interested in the Annual Alzheimer's International Conference and am thrilled it is in Chicago this year. I hope to attend. I was going to ask the same question you ask in your post Julie, if anyone knows of other cognitive health conferences coming up.
- Carrie B
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay- ccfield! That's three of us... I hope we can get some more folks interested.
Count me in on that committee, Julie G! :)
You're a goddess, Grace! I've got you signed up. Let's connect soon.
tlovesa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tlovesa »

I am very interested in attending the AAIC in July! I would also LOVE to attend our meet-up but if it is in late October of this year I will not be able to. I will be in Cambridge, MA for parents weekend at MIT. Is the date still pending?
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

This all sound amazing! I am super interested in attending the meet up where ever and whenever it will happen.
As far as a regional meet up, I am in NYC if anyone here is interested in putting a meet up together, I am here to help.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
SGW811
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SGW811 »

I'm Chicago-based and would be delighted to join in a local meet-up and/or at the Alzheimer's conference and to help with logistical support.