hello from a 2/4 doc

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
jmather
Contributor
Contributor

Re: hello from a 2/4 doc

Post by jmather »

Tincup - Thanks for sharing that information, that is incredibly helpful.
2/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome jmather! FWIW, I'm using this bad boy on the advice of my FMP. It's very relaxing and (combined with dry brushing) does lovely things for my thin layer of cellulite. It's hard to be religious about using it when our weather has been intermittently in the triple digits, but my early review is overwhelmingly positive. The chair is very comfortable and it heats up within one minute. I'm working on simultaneously meditating to be more effective with my time. Ommm (sweat, sweat, sweat) ;)
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

jmather wrote:Tincup - Thanks for sharing that information, that is incredibly helpful.
Here are photos of mine, you can see the wire guard better in the bottom one. The Reflectix has enough stiffness that I was able to just use duct tape to hold it together. If we ever need to use the shower, we could remove everything in 5 minutes.
Sauna.jpg

Julie G wrote:Welcome jmather! FWIW, I'm using this bad boy on the advice of my FMP. It's very relaxing and (combined with dry brushing) does lovely things for my thin layer of cellulite. It's hard to be religious about using it when our weather has been intermittently in the triple digits, but my early review is overwhelmingly positive. The chair is very comfortable and it heats up within one minute. I'm working on simultaneously meditating to be more effective with my time. Ommm (sweat, sweat, sweat) ;)
Julie,

FWIW, I had one of those far infrared saunas. I kept reading that they had high EMF, so I created my near IR one. Before I got rid of the Far IR one, I tested it with my EMF multiband tester and it was very high :( The new setup has very little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Very cool setup, Tincup! I’m unsure if this is accurate, but my FMP recommends my model because of the low EMF described here.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie G wrote:Very cool setup, Tincup! I’m unsure if this is accurate, but my FMP recommends my model because of the low EMF described here.
Your emitters sound much better that what I had in mine, yours are also much more expensive than what I had. I know mine were off the wall.
Tincup
E3,E4
bexnews
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bexnews »

Tincup wrote: I think I spent $150 on it. I used this guy's plans and wiring diagram for the 4 bulb unit. [/url]
That's pretty cool. Is this the equivalent of a far or near infrared sauna then? What do you think of combining an infrared mat like the below with a thermal blanket to sandwich yourself in a makeshift "sauna"?

https://healthyline.com/product/inframa ... -015jt-ph/
kiksuyapi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kiksuyapi »

Tincup wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am Yep, I converted a 2.5'x4' basement shower to a near infrared sauna, using four 250 W heat lamps.
Your post really got me thinking how I could make a sauna space. I lucked upon a 4 lamp array already made and have tried a few variations on how to use it without much satisfaction. I only have one bathroom so extra shower idea was out. Today, I figured it out. I could use an old card table with some pvc to extend the legs, covered it with canvas and blankets, put a small stool in it and voila! I now have a near infrared sweat lodge. Tried it after I made it and it worked! Thanks Tincup, for the inspiration.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

kiksuyapi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:36 pm Today, I figured it out. I could use an old card table with some pvc to extend the legs, covered it with canvas and blankets, put a small stool in it and voila! I now have a near infrared sweat lodge. Tried it after I made it and it worked!
I'm impressed. That's very creative!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
kiksuyapi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kiksuyapi »

[/quote] I'm impressed. That's very creative!
[/quote]

A neighbor and I were talking about it and she laughed and said, "Yeah, where we live an inipi (sweat lodge) is easier to find than a sauna!" We both laughed because it is true. It is just a lot more labor intensive to fire up an inipi than turn on the red lights. I am puzzling out how to build one outside though, in the traditional way but with an alternative heating device, for the winter.