Does anyone else use a rebounder?!

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Does anyone else use a rebounder?!

Post by circular »

TWBD wrote:I wouldn’t recommend it for any women with connective tissue diseases, especially pelvic floor prolapse. It may seem like a good idea and feel good, but the ligaments in the pelvic floor will stretch. If the pelvis is tilted a little, the stress will shake your organs and they will literally slide out of the fascia that holds them altogether. I can’t find the link to a study I found after my whole pelvic floor significantly dropped one day after using a vibration machine, but the theory is the same with a rebounder. And if it can affect the pelvic organs, other parts of the body, like your brain and cervical area might be susceptible to damage. Sorry, I didn’t believe this would happen until it happened to me.
I wouldn't have guessed those specifics, but the connective tissue problem is what's kept me from buying one.

I was looking into them again but the ones I looked at were very expensive (think Bulletproof website). Maybe these were the vibration plates rather than the rebounders, but there was a claim that the best for the lymph system is (I think it was) 30 hz. Studies???
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
McGido
Contributor
Contributor

Post by McGido »

circular wrote:
I was looking into them again but the ones I looked at were very expensive (think Bulletproof website). Maybe these were the vibration plates rather than the rebounders, but there was a claim that the best for the lymph system is (I think it was) 30 hz. Studies???
The one on the bulletproof site is a vibration plate. The one I got was a Jumpsport, they offer variety of models. Think I got the 570pro on amazon prime day so it was significantly cheaper.

I love using it though. Have room for it in my home office and find myself using it to break up the work day and also when I wake up in the morning. Super quiet and it's fun!
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

Tincup wrote:
PBW wrote: Jump rope is not recommended for anyone with degenerative disk disease( which is basically everyone over 60) unless you are a very experienced jump roper(like boxers) and can jump with very little impact.
Thanks! Well, I'm 63 :lol: , but have jumped since I was a little kid & used to teach (35 years ago) a jump rope & medicine ball class that was formerly taught by a boxer before he left & they asked me to take it over. Jumping rope never gives me any issues.
This is good to know! I jump rope in between sets of weightlifting.
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

I have had a rebounder for years and I like to put on oldies and start jumping! Rebounding to music breaks the monotony for me. If weather permits, I put it outside on the deck to increase the benefits of getting fresh air and sunshine on top of a good cardio and lymphatic workout!
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

Sounds great and Wim Hof would say do it especially in the cold!!!
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

I have had a rebounder for years and have started using mine again regularly. It stands to reason that the G-force of jumping continuously for 15 or 20 minutes, which provides a great lymphatic massage would do the same for the brain's lymphatic waste disposal described in this article. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05763-0 and this one on nih.gov website.https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... alzheimers
Last edited by Karina52 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

Brian, sorry....I didn't see the question until now. The vibration machine is also called a vibration plate....you stand on it and it sends vibrating pulses through your body. It's the same theory as a chi-machine, which I also have.
Clarag4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Clarag4 »

Yeah, my daughter has a mini trampoline. We jump on for about 15-20 minutes a few times a week. but I find that if I carry weights and mix "jog" on it, I can handle that amount of time. I would be interested in knowing if there are any free trampoline routines online because I like to watch the news while jumping, but so far, I haven't been able to find them. I know there are a few instructions (urban rebounder ones) that use the trampoline as the major exercise equipment piece in the routine. You might want to look into those.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Clarag4 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:22 am I would be interested in knowing if there are any free trampoline routines online because I like to watch the news while jumping, but so far, I haven't been able to find them.
Would any of these work for what you are looking for?
Tincup
E3,E4