Does anyone else use a rebounder?!

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
HeatherLst
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Does anyone else use a rebounder?!

Post by HeatherLst »

I’ve had one for a year or so. Lately it’s sat in the corner while I do outdoor activities. But I was just eying it up a day ago. I think it might be time to pull it out and use it in the mornings to help wake up the circadian clock. Lots of great videos on YouTube with fun routines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APOE4/4
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

This is for Tincup: Jumping rope has similar attributes. The intensity is higher and involves upper body muscles and coordination. The biggest advantage of the rebounder is there is less jarring of the vertebrae , hip, knee and foot joints and can be done by anyone. Jump rope is not recommended for anyone with degenerative disk disease( which is basically everyone over 60) unless you are a very experienced jump roper(like boxers) and can jump with very little impact. I found clients who used rebounders, loved them for awhile but overtime it ended up in the corner collecting dust. That being said, they aren't very expensive, you can find them on Craigslist and the benefit to keep you moving in helpful ways for as long as you are motivated is probably worth the investment.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

PBW wrote: Jump rope is not recommended for anyone with degenerative disk disease( which is basically everyone over 60) unless you are a very experienced jump roper(like boxers) and can jump with very little impact.
Thanks! Well, I'm 63 :lol: , but have jumped since I was a little kid & used to teach (35 years ago) a jump rope & medicine ball class that was formerly taught by a boxer before he left & they asked me to take it over. Jumping rope never gives me any issues.
Tincup
E3,E4
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

sounds like you fit into the very experienced jump roper group...great exercise for you. Jump roping benefit happens quicker than a rebounder. Rebounder is exponentially gentler on the joints especially in the learning curve.
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

I'm back home and I borrowed a little trampoline and tried it out (and asked my neighbor downstairs if she could hear it and she said no). I can't say what sort of benefits I'm getting but it certainly feels healthy. I have chronically swollen glands, so I'm hoping those will de-swell a bit. And clearing amyloid from my brain would be a nice side-benefit.
Help me Rhonda...hilarious Brian
Lucy, I realize there's much better link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgiZufI0oS8

Brian
ε4/ε4 (for now).
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Tincup wrote:Hmm, wonder if just jumping rope (though more stressful on the system) would have the same benefits?
Tincup - I believe the rebounder would have a greater benefit because of the "bounce". I have one. . . need to get back to using it. I also like/use a dry brush prior to a shower and turn the water to COLD for the last minute of my shower (as cold as I can stand it) in order to support the lymphatic system. The home sauna is on the list for Santa. ;)
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
TWBD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TWBD »

I wouldn’t recommend it for any women with connective tissue diseases, especially pelvic floor prolapse. It may seem like a good idea and feel good, but the ligaments in the pelvic floor will stretch. If the pelvis is tilted a little, the stress will shake your organs and they will literally slide out of the fascia that holds them altogether. I can’t find the link to a study I found after my whole pelvic floor significantly dropped one day after using a vibration machine, but the theory is the same with a rebounder. And if it can affect the pelvic organs, other parts of the body, like your brain and cervical area might be susceptible to damage. Sorry, I didn’t believe this would happen until it happened to me.
APOE 3/4
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

I have a rebounder and use it for a few minutes daily. It is a great tool to assist lymphatic movement and it is also good for keep bones strong. This is what astronauts use when they come back from space to rebuild their bone density! I also have a vibration machine I use for 5 minutes in the morning before my exercise.
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Hello Karina,

Could you explain what a "vibration machine" is? Professor Google thinks it's a vibration platform. Is that what you mean?

Thanks,
Brian
ε4/ε4 (for now).
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Brian4 wrote: Have to think about the effect on my downstairs neighbor, though....

Brian
I think they're designed to send the energy back up through you rather than down?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.