Not doing too well....

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
lol
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Not doing too well....

Post by lol »

I like your attitude, Skibike. It is a good one.
I refused the crème brulee after a luncheon today, and I am still sad about not having any. However, I am trying to get into better habits. If I start caving in constantly, I'll be right back to square one.

My mother is a person to emulate. This is her living plan:
You need something to love, something to do, and something to look forward to.
And she loves her own company. That is big.
She is interested in many different types of people.
She prides herself on having a positive nature.
I hope to grow up to be like her some day, but I have a long way to go. :roll:
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

lol wrote: And she loves her own company. That is big.
She is interested in many different types of people.
Better riches than gold ;)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hugs to G and Silverlining. You're both in my thoughts today.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Skibike- Thanks for the tip on Ashwagandha. Another friend mentioned that to me as well. lol- we all have a lot to learn from your mother!

I'm doing much better today. The kind, supportive words of you all really helped. It's amazing, actually, that virtual help can be so real.

Plus, a bunch of little things -- I mean really little things -- have gone right: my two iHerb orders arrived earlier than planned, with nothing damaged, and no duties or taxes imposed. And the twenty avocados I bought on sale last week have been ripening exactly on schedule! :) (By the way -- I learned this the last time I bought twenty avocados, and they did not ripen on the desired schedule... -- one can freeze ripe avocados, despite what one reads on the Web. They are a little mealy when defrosted, but only a little.)

Silverlining, I hope you are feeling better today!

GB
lol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lol »

Hi Golden -
It is amazing how those little things can add up, either direction. Now you have some good little things piling up and the ball is rolling down the hill. :D Thanks for the avocado tip, too. I have a couple of over-ripe ones that I will freeze. I just need a little break from the avocado eating plan. :lol:

And PP -
I am sure The Voice made a good last night for you! Keep listening to music. It works for you.
lol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lol »

Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Hey friends...the storm is still raging around me, but I'm righting my own personal ship, which can seem selfish; however so many inner circle family members rely on me for emotional and physical support, that it's okay to get "me" right. Thanks so much!

GB..I didn't know about the avocados either...great tip. I have thrown away far too many of those when buying in bulk. Glad you're feeling a little brighter...keep us in the loop on your medical journey.

LOL...I DVR the voice episodes and watch them early in the morning...in bed with a few almonds, a small green banana and a teensy tsp of coconut oil; I absolutely love the velvety feel of coconut oil in my mouth, weird I know...so I start the day with some good music and a smile.

Hi Julie...:)
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Silverlining: yes, one must right one's own ship! I'm focusing on that now, finally. The most beloved people in my life understand; others, not, but that's OK.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Gilgamesh wrote: ... Concern that I might have a pituitary tumor? Bad enough as it is, but the stress of worrying (which will go on for a while because I'm in a country with long waits for doctors) itself increases the risk of dementia.
Got the results yesterday: totally clean! Big relief, though now the question is: what the heck is causing my weird hormone levels? My CR really isn't that extreme! But I'll take up that matter in a diff. topic area (stay organized!!) in the next couple days.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay, G!!! Fingers still crossed that all gets straightened out :D