Roundtable Discussion about the Dayspring/Attia interview.

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Roundtable Discussion about the Dayspring/Attia interview.

Post by Julie G »

I'm considering hosting a round table discussion for anyone who's either listened to or read the whole Dayspring/Attia interview. You can find it here. It's a very high level, nuanced discussion re. lipids, how to interpret them, how they affect health, etc. I found the discussion on statins and other lipid lowering agents (and how they affect brain health) to be of huge importance to us. I'm certainly not an expert in lipidology, but the ApoE4 diet/lipid interaction and potential health implications, etc. are fascinating to me. Would anybody else be interested? If so, throw out a general time that you might be available.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Roundtable Discussion about the Dayspring/Attia interview.

Post by floramaria »

Hi Julie, I am on the second tape and am very interested in taking part in a discussion once I have listened to them all. My schedule is impossibly full until after November 4th. If the discussion could be sometime late that week, or anytime later in Nov I’d love to be part of it. By then I’ll have had a chance to listen to all of the tapes. Thanks for offering to host this Meet Up
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

I'm also just started reading, but since my triglycerides precipitated out of my blood when it was drawn 3 years ago and I was then in the ICU for 10 days with unreadable levels, I'm very interested in this subject and would like to participate. I'm probably more flexible time-wise than most others...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

I'm interested. :)

Don't plan around me though. I'll join in if I am on top of some other things.
xactly
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by xactly »

Count me in! I'm flexible on dates and times.
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by aphorist »

I might be, but I've only gone through the first video and I just got slammed w/ a work project so the other 4 are on hold. I take pretty detailed notes and cross reference what they are saying against other material, so it literally takes me 2.5-3 hrs to get through a 1 hour podcast. I won't be ready until around Thanksgiving, I think.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Would you consider recording your discussion? I simply won't have time time to watch the videos or read the transcripts this month. Next month is a maybe, given the holidays.

I'm doing National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), though I'm working on a memoir. It lasts all of November, and the goal is to write 50,000 words. I suspect I won't make that goal based on the word count I'm averaging, but getting myself in the habit of writing (nearly) daily is extremely helpful.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

TheBrain wrote:I'm doing National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), though I'm working on a memoir. It lasts all of November, and the goal is to write 50,000 words. I suspect I won't make that goal based on the word count I'm averaging, but getting myself in the habit of writing (nearly) daily is extremely helpful.
How exciting! Keep going, I'll bet you'll get in the groove and get it done (or very close to done). Good luck!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Susan! I’m enjoying the process and finding the words flowing more easily than I would have thought. And I’m not editing what I wrote the previous day (which has been a bad habit that really slows down forward movement). I’d love to reach 50,000 words!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Started listening to these. Yesterday is was the Attia / Sinclair interview. I liked the combination of storyline / depth of science / and usefulness. It is my favorite podcast / interview. I'm up for a group discussion!