San Diego Meet Up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: San Diego Meet Up

Post by floramaria »

SoCalGuy wrote: Thanks for the heads up floramaria! My March is looking pretty crazy right now so I don't think I'll be able to make it this time around. If anything changes I will be sure to let you know!
Sorry you won't be able to make it SoCalGuy.
We will continue to post here, so if things open up in your schedule, you'll know where to find us.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

I sent out a PM to everyone on this thread, but thought I'd post it here as well, in case anyone else wants to join in.

Hi there! Let’s do this!
I am excited to see how our little group has grown since I originally posted the idea of the Meet Up.
Since it seems that 3 off us could meet on Saturday afternoon, I propose we set that date, March 9th, choose a time, and go for it.
Would noon to early afternoon work? I’ll be at San Dieguito Park where I practice Tai Chi (weather permitting) until around noon.
We could even meet in the park, noon-ish or a bit later. it’s green and beautiful. Nice for walking if we are so inclined. Brown bag Picnic lunch at a table under the trees? (Just tossing that out as a possibility since that’s where I’ll be starting from)
Or there’s the beach. Or a cafe.

What sounds good to you?

I am open to whatever the group wants to do and really looking forward to this.
baysidewalk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by baysidewalk »

Well, it looks like rain and I definitely don't want to have a picnic in the park in the rain. Did this get specific for March 9? Did a location get defined?
Baysidewalk
JulieMc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JulieMc »

floramaria wrote:I sent out a PM to everyone on this thread, but thought I'd post it here as well, in case anyone else wants to join in.

Hi there! Let’s do this!
I am excited to see how our little group has grown since I originally posted the idea of the Meet Up.
Since it seems that 3 off us could meet on Saturday afternoon, I propose we set that date, March 9th, choose a time, and go for it.
Would noon to early afternoon work? I’ll be at San Dieguito Park where I practice Tai Chi (weather permitting) until around noon.
We could even meet in the park, noon-ish or a bit later. it’s green and beautiful. Nice for walking if we are so inclined. Brown bag Picnic lunch at a table under the trees? (Just tossing that out as a possibility since that’s where I’ll be starting from)
Or there’s the beach. Or a cafe.

What sounds good to you?

I am open to whatever the group wants to do and really looking forward to this.
I'm hoping this is still a go without the firm details of where we will meet. Tomorrow just looks like a cool day with no rain, but it might be wise to choose an indoor location just in case rain surprises the forecasters. How about Urban Plates in La Jolla Village? Healthy food, plenty of indoor seating. There's also BJ's Restaurant near there. Does 12:30 work?

I hope we can make this work . . . even if it's just a few of us.
Julie
E3/E4
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Hi Julie Me and Bayside,
I am in contact with Maria and we had planned to meet in the park -- but did not know others were interested. It would be great if the four of us could get together. Maria has to go back up to San Marcos so she is hoping not to go further south and we are looking for a place near Solano Beach for lunch or coffee. Any ideas?

Maureen
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Hi all, we are meeting at Peet's Coffee 125 Lomas Santa Fe Dr, Solana Beach at 12:30PM tomorrow.

Maria was having trouble with her computer and could not post.

Hope all can make it!!
JulieMc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JulieMc »

I'm going to be there!
Julie
E3/E4
JulieMc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JulieMc »

Traffic is bad. Be there as soon as I can
Julie
E3/E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm so happy that you all got to meet up! If anyone wants to write a brief "book report" we'd all love to hear about it. I've had the honor of previously spending time with both Floramaria & buck3maureen and would have loved to have been in attendance. Thank you to all who participated and organized. It's very powerful to meet and spend time with our genetic family. I'm even more energized about our Indy meet-up on the 19th!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: San Diego Meet Up.

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:I'm so happy that you all got to meet up! If anyone wants to write a brief "book report" we'd all love to hear about it. I've had the honor of previously spending time with both Floramaria & buck3maureen and would have loved to have been in attendance. Thank you to all who participated and organized. It's very powerful to meet and spend time with our genetic family. I'm even more energized about our Indy meet-up on the 19th!
Well, Julie G, we would have loved for you to have been there with us!
As you said it is very powerful to be with our genetic family.
JulieMc and buck3maureen were gracious enough to meet at Peet’s Coffee in Solana Beach, which was a last minute fall back when my WiFi went out just when we were trying to set up an alternative to meeting in the park. It was wonderful to be together , face-to-face, sharing our experience. We had wide-ranging conversations for two hours, sharing our individual experiences, and many valuable resources and ideas...a micro-version of our greater community, learning from each other. It felt tremendously supportive and also was a lot of fun! We each felt the relief of being to discuss so many topics in the free-form exchange of real time conversation. I learned a lot and had to pull out my phone and take a few notes of things I want to follow up on.

Before we went our separate ways, we talked about getting together regularly. We intend to set up another SoCal MeetUp for late April. For those of you who were interested in getting together and were not able to be there this time...we hope to see you at the next one.

Hugs and gratitude to JulieMc and buck3maureen for making this one a reality!