Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Post by Tincup »

In this post is a transcript of our (Theresa's & my) 11th consultation with Dr. Gundry (Jan 2021), Unlike the others, this was a 90 minute consult because of the volume of the Vibrant Zoomer (food sensitivity test). Links to the other 10 are here. This link has a compilation of links to Gundry, Bredesen & Wahls interviews & etc. in addition to our previous transcripts & labs.

Here are a few nuggets:

- Dental work dramatically elevates up inflammatory markers, however not fixing dental problems is worse.
- Dr. Goodenowe’s plasmalogen precursor is very high on Gundry’s list
- He encourages 4/4’s to consume MCT’s, specifically C8 (caprylic acid) & C6.
- Supplement with amala, 500 mg 2x/day, for Lp(a) reduction of 20%

Most recent food lists. Note, these food lists do not have Dr. Gundry's ApoE4 restrictions. In the animal/fish/dairy realm he suggests we restrict to shellfish, whitefish and omega 3 or pastured eggs. Also he suggests restricting coconut oil.

Consultation transcript:
21_01_04 Gundry consult transcript.pdf
Female Notes Supplements, Quest, Omega Quant labs, Gundry labs:
Female Notes Quest Cleveland PULS Vibrant 120220. redact compress .pdf
(~53 MB)

See male notes & labs in next post below.

Thanks hugely to Theresa who did the yeoman's work of transcribing the consult! We did start with an auto transcription this time, in case we missed anything that looks a bit unusual.

Lists specific to ApoE4 from another Gundry patient are here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

See rest of post directly above.

Male Notes Supplements, Quest, Omega Quant labs, Gundry labs (60 MB):
Male Gundry 04Jan2021 notes supps Quest Omega Quant Cleveland Puls Vibrant redacted compress.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
grommet
Contributor
Contributor

Post by grommet »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that transcript - thanks for posting! I’m also supplementing Amla powder for similar reasons…my Lp(a) is 85 and I’m hoping to nudge it down. Can’t hurt, might help!

Why was there a focus on MCT for 4/4? Is it an alternate brain energy source? It sounds like MCT won’t affect ApoB levels the way coconut oil does…at least in his opinion.
Dan
ε4,ε4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

grommet wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:14 am Why was there a focus on MCT for 4/4? Is it an alternate brain energy source? It sounds like MCT won’t affect ApoB levels the way coconut oil does…at least in his opinion.
What he told us is in the transcript, that is what we know. The book he mentioned he is writing is out in March.

"Is it an alternate brain energy source? " In the transcript he's talking about ketones as a signaling molecule. Meaning (my interpretation) it would signal the body that food is scarce. "It sounds like MCT won’t affect ApoB levels the way coconut oil does…at least in his opinion." If it were me, I'd use caprylic acid, or something that only has C8 & C6, the shorter chain fatty acids are less likely to impact ApoB. My wife uses Asprey's "Brain Octane" product.

Dave Asprey funded a test showing that blending the C8 with coffee (or water) for 30 seconds would create EZ or exclusion zone water. This is what my wife does. For more on EZ water see Gerald Pollack's book or his other work. I have a copy of Asprey's study on my computer, but I'd have to go find it.

I'm always in mild ketosis on a morning finger stick, even though I consume upwards of 200 g/day of carbs, so I've not worried about consuming the C8. I fast at least 16 hours/day and always exercise near the end of that 16 hours.
Tincup
E3,E4