Canadian (Toronto area preferred) ReCODE Practitioner needed

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
momsrh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Canadian (Toronto area preferred) ReCODE Practitioner needed

Post by momsrh »

Apparently he has a list of questions to determine if you qualify to see him. I will have to wait until I actually arrive back in Canada before I can do that, so I will keep you posted. I'm not sure of the reasons why at this stage.
carbonxiv
New User
New User

Post by carbonxiv »

I found this practitioner, Shawna Darou MD. She's located in downtown Toronto.
There are also a few places that offer ReCODE (in Etobicoke, Montreal, Alberta), but she's the only one I found in Toronto center.
It seems she has completed the ReCODE program training - I found her intro below:

"About Dr. Shawna Darou, ND
Dr. Shawna Darou is a Naturopathic Doctor with a focus on women’s health, hormones and cognitive wellness. She is co-owner of the Darou Wellness integrative health clinic in downtown Toront where she has practiced for over 15 years. Dr. Darou is also trained in Functional Medicine, and has completed Dr. Dale Bredesen’s (author of “The End of Alzheimer’s”) ReCODE program for Alzheimer’s treatment and prevention."

It's for my mother and we have not seen her yet.
Would like to share this with this community in case someone is looking.
Will post more info later if there's any progress.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

carbonxiv wrote:I found this practitioner, Shawna Darou MD. She's located in downtown Toronto.
There are also a few places that offer ReCODE (in Etobicoke, Montreal, Alberta), but she's the only one I found in Toronto center.
It seems she has completed the ReCODE program training - I found her intro below:

"About Dr. Shawna Darou, ND
Dr. Shawna Darou is a Naturopathic Doctor with a focus on women’s health, hormones and cognitive wellness. She is co-owner of the Darou Wellness integrative health clinic in downtown Toront where she has practiced for over 15 years. Dr. Darou is also trained in Functional Medicine, and has completed Dr. Dale Bredesen’s (author of “The End of Alzheimer’s”) ReCODE program for Alzheimer’s treatment and prevention."

It's for my mother and we have not seen her yet.
Will post more info later if there's any progress.
Welcome to the forums carbonixiv. Thank you for posting the practitioner that you found in Toronto. I look forward to your update on your experience with her after your mother has seen her. As a new user, a great resource for learning to navigate this web site can be found in the Wiki here. I look forward to your contributions to this community.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lisa G »

carbonxiv wrote:I found this practitioner, Shawna Darou MD. She's located in downtown Toronto...
Hello Carbon XIV. Welcome to the ApoE4 community! Thank you very much for providing Dr. Darou's information. I hope your mom has a productive visit with her. Your mom is lucky to have someone like you who can navigate the research needed to get quality brain care! We find lots of adult children contributing to this site as they are the ones who are searching for the answers and want to do the right thing for their parents.
You may want to add Dr. Darou's information to the "Practitioner Reviews" forum as many people would look in that particular forum when trying to find a practitioner. You can also visit that thread when you have an update on how things go with your mom. Please inform Dr. Darou that she can add her name to the "ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners" listing in our wiki.
If you are just getting started on the website, here are a few links to help. The primer is a great place to start as it is written by a physician in laymen's terms. There is also a "How-To" Guide that makes your journey around the site much more efficient. You may be interested in checking out the "Our Stories" forum to share your and/or your mom's story and learn about fellow members. Finally, I've found the search function to be an awesome way to research questions you may have as most likely, someone has asked the question before and there are several threads of information regarding that topic.
Again, welcome to the community. Now, please do tell....why Carbon 14? Are you an anthropologist?
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach
taraelias
New User
New User

Post by taraelias »

srbogert wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:21 am
momsrh wrote:Does anyone have a list of practitioner in British Columbia? I've managed to google a couple, but I'm looking for one specifically in Prince George, but open to any others if I can't find that one.
Thanks
Welcome to the site! I used the Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner Wiki Page to look for resources for you in BC. On that page is a link to the IFM Find a Practitioner Page. If you put BC, Canada in the search criteria you will find several IFM Certified practitioners with extra coursework that includes Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline. This is the Bredesen training for IFM practitoners. Unfortunately, I did not find anyone close to Prince George. They are in Nanaimo, Langley, Port Moody, and Vancouver. If you can't travel to see them, one or more of these practitioners may offer video visits... I hope you can connect.

As a new user, I highly recommend that you review the Primer and the How To Guide. We look forward to your participation on the site.
Thank you for posting this. As a new user from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I have been looking for Bredeson trained Physicians in Canada. This link helped a lot, and gave me a jumping off point. Thank you!
Kmlseattle
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kmlseattle »

taraelias wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:04 pm Thank you for posting this. As a new user from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I have been looking for Bredeson trained Physicians in Canada. This link helped a lot, and gave me a jumping off point. Thank you!
Hi taraelias,
Since you've already seen the Searching for a Practitioner WIKI, you might also consider looking for Bredesen-trained physicians in Canada, by checking out theApoE4-Aware Practitioner and ApoE4 Health Coaches WIKIs. These additional resources provide lists of physicians and coaches who work with ApoE4 clients, respectively.

If you're on Facebook, you may also find others who have found practitioners in Canada in our Facebook community.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,
Kathleen