Any NORCAL folks interested in a get together?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
PSu82537%a6r_dnz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any NORCAL folks interested in a get together?

Post by PSu82537%a6r_dnz »

Hi Mike, and hello to the rest of our Mill Valley meetup group. I enjoyed seeing you all and catching up on your projects and experiences. I left from Mill Valley and drove directly to West Wendover, Nevada. There I spent the night in a highway rest stop, then continued to Grand Island, Nebraska the next day, spent another night sleeping in a highway rest stop, and finally pressed on to St. Louis, Missouri for a visit with family. That is my excuse for not doing an immediate writeup of our meeting for Julie G and others who may like the reports. But here is a brief report: It was great to see all our members again, I missed those who showed up for the first meeting, missed the second, and I hope they make it to the third. I have already put October 13 on my calendar and I look forward to the selection of a specific venue. Our discussion this past Sunday was a bit briefer than the first time, but a bit more interesting because each of us had made some form of progress along the journey, and we talked about a few specifics. One among us had joined a clinical trial of an investigational drug, another had gotten the MRI scan for hippocampal volume, a couple had ordered the Oura ring for sleep tracking, and another couple of us talked about using the fitbit wrist-worn sleep tracker. Several of us talked about privacy concerns, and the difficulty of maintaining confidentiality. Another mentioned that he has no concern for confidentiality, and never hesitates to use his real name and volunteer his 4/4 status in any context where the subject comes up. Everyone was very respectful and accepting of each other's different approaches to our common experience, and I just found it to be a very worthwhile experience. I am very grateful to Mike for organizing our little group, and I am thinking very seriously about taking on that organizer role for a similar group to be centered somewhere around the greater metropolitan area surrounding Sacramento. Whether or not I do that, I will continue to participate in the Mill Valley group. When I get back home from St. Louis, I will start up a new forum thread to discuss the possibility of a Sacramento group.
Trailrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Trailrunner »

Hello NORCAL group,
I would love to be included in the next meetup group in October, realizing I just missed the one in July. I joined the APOE4 site in 2017 after reading Dale Bredesen's book but only have looked at this site periodically (and I always seem to have missed something interesting like a NORCAL meetup group when I do look at it). About a year and a half ago, I met with a Naturopath through Sutter Health for general health and expressed to her that I was APOE 4/4. (23&Me find). I was reluctant to tell her but she said I should absolutely tell her and have been working some of the protocol just to get my values to suitable and supportive levels. Vitamin D was uncomfortably low. I feel really positive about including her in my healthcare objectives. Other than that I haven't done as much a I could do but I am hoping that the meetup group will further motivate to be more proactive. My apologies for the little intro but I never introduced myself back in 2017.

I live in Santa Rosa and look forward to joining in the discussion next time around. I am delighted to read that people are finding the group supportive and informative.
Much gratitude,
Helen
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Trailrunner wrote:I live in Santa Rosa and look forward to joining in the discussion next time around. I am delighted to read that people are finding the group supportive and informative.
Much gratitude,
Helen
Hi Helen, and welcome! You are on my list for the next one in October. I haven't yet come up with a location, but was thinking around San Rafael somewhere. I'm also in Santa Rosa. Mike
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Trailrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Trailrunner »

Hi Mike,
Looking forward to meeting everyone. I appreciate you coordinating the group! San Rafael works fine for me. :)
Helen
pisanmc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pisanmc »

Hello Mike

Thank you for organizing a meet-up group. I live in Sonoma County and will be interested in joining for your next meet-up date.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

pisanmc wrote:Hello Mike. Thank you for organizing a meet-up group. I live in Sonoma County and will be interested in joining for your next meet-up date.
You're on my list - see you in October.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

I'm thinking we could meet at Peet's Coffee just south of San Rafael, at 276 Bon Air Center, Greenbrae, CA 94904 for our Sunday, October 13th, 2019 10 am Meet-Up?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
cdamaden
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by cdamaden »

I'm in!
Chris
E4/E4
Alameda, CA, USA
PSu82537%a6r_dnz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PSu82537%a6r_dnz »

Looks like an excellent location, see you there!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I'll be there.
Starfish