Is Dr. Bredesen Protocoll practised/offered in europe/scandinavia

NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is Dr. Bredesen Protocoll practised/offered in europe/scandinavia

Post by NF52 »

Csaebye wrote:Thx.:-)
Dr. Ib wrote:Dear APoe4 forum,
I am a new member of this forum. I am medical doctor situated in Copenhagen, Denmark,Europe and have been reading about the promising results by the Dr. Bredesen Protocol for alzheimers with great interest...
Dr. Ulrich Ghisler, M.D
Copenhagen
Denmark
SteenThomsen wrote:Hello Doctors Ghisler and Saebye,
I am a fellow Dane who is seeking the same information. I live in Copenhagen Denmark and I am interested in applying
the protocol for prevention. Do write to me at steen.thomsen.dk@gmail.com if you have any news or leads about this.
I am considering travelling to the US to get the lab work done.
All best
Steen
Welcome, Steen!
I have "quoted" Drs. Ghisler and Saebye, which triggers an email to Drs. Ghisler and Saebye with a link to this post, so they can see your post. I'll let them go from their, but would encourage you to reach out to them or others directly using some of these suggestions:

We have a few tools to help you find health care practitioners or health care coaches who might be able to support your interest in using Dr. Bredesen's protocol in Denmark:
Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner gives several suggestions and links to finding someone who either might live near you or practice tele-medicine.
ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners is a list of people who have either asked to be listed on this site or have been recommended by users. {Appearance on this list does not imply endorsement by ApoE4.Info, Inc. For fuller legal context, check out our Terms of Use.}
ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches offers a similar list of people who are certified health coaches and have advanced knowledge of how to support people who are seeking guidance and support for making changes in their lives. Often they can work through tele-conferencing to support you.
Direct to Consumer Lab Testing Options is a source for companies which some members use for lab tests which their health insurance does not cover. You would probably have to check for similar options in Denmark, or to check with these or other companies or health care institutions about options to have testing done if you come to the U.S. for that purpose.

Many members have found that they can guide their health using the PRIMER, whose author is a member physician who also has ApoE 4/4. She provides clear suggestions on what to make your priorities.

"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website has lots of screen-shots (and fewer words!) to show how best to have your posts seen, how to search etc.

I hope the heat wave scorching Europe has lessened, which would help everyone's health, and that you are able to find support on this forum and elsewhere in your prevention efforts! We learn from each other here every day!
4/4 and still an optimist!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

SteenThomsen wrote:Hello Doctors Ghisler and Saebye,
I am a fellow Dane who is seeking the same information. I live in Copenhagen Denmark and I am interested in applying
the protocol for prevention. Do write to me at steen.thomsen.dk@gmail.com if you have any news or leads about this.
I am considering travelling to the US to get the lab work done.
All best
Steen
Hello SteenThomsen and welcome to the ApoE4.Info community. Congratulations on being proactive and beginning now, when your efforts are directed towards prevention. Dr Bredesen has said that prevention is easier than reversal and that the earlier a person can start, the better.
I see that you are trying to respond directly to other posts in this thread. If you want the person to be notified that you are replying, you need to quote that person in your post, as i have done with you, by tapping the quotation marks in upper right hand corner of your post. You can also contact someone directly by private message. To do that, you tap the little dialogue bubble beneath the persons user name.
Tips like these on how to get the most benefit from this site are available in a section of the Wiki titled How-To Get the Most out of the ApoE4.info website. Also, we do not recommend your putting your email address on display in a thread. Better to include that in a PM. You can edit your post to remove your email address by clicking the pencil in upper right of your post. That is also covered in the how-to guide.

If you haven’t seen it yet, the Primer, written by a physician member is a good place to dive in to the information on ApoE4 -associated risks and prioritized steps for minimizing those risks .

How were you introduced to the Bredesen Protocol? If you have not had a chance to read Dr Bredesen’s book yet, our Wiki section Wiki-Bredsen might be of interest to you and help you get started . We welcome you and look forward to your participation in our Forums. If you’d like to tell us more about yourself and what brings you to this site, the Our Stories Forum is a great place for that.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
MrrsGrvr
New User
New User

Post by MrrsGrvr »

Is the Breseden Protocoll available on the USA?
SamNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SamNZ »

MrrsGrvr wrote:Is the Breseden Protocoll available on the USA?
Hi MrrsGrvr,

Welcome to our site , I am aware of many APOE4 aware and Bredesen practitioners in the US, please check out the links from NF52 above (just click on the green links) to go through to lists of practitioners from around the world. Bredesen works through this website AHNP health. I hope you find your way around the website, for anyone on their own journey the PRIMER, is a great start , the author is a member physician and gives you lots of tips on where to start for yourself.

Do not hesitate to ask further if there is anything else you would like to know, we would love to hear more about how you found your way here. Kind regards SamNZ
Samantha McBride
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
PeteWilliams
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PeteWilliams »

Dear Doctor Ghisler,
We are Bredesenand IFM trained in London England and have been working on the protocol for over 3 years with patients.
Give us a shout and we can discuss.

Pete
Functional Medicine Associates London
Nicolailnp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nicolailnp »

Dr. Ib wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 am Dear APoe4 forum,

I am a new member of this forum. I am medical doctor situated in Copenhagen, Denmark,Europe and have been reading about the promising results by the Dr. Bredesen Protocol for alzheimers with great interest.
I have started my educational journey by watching videos and ordered Bredesens book "End of alzheimers".

As I have a family member and a neighbor suffering from Alzheimers, I am curious to know if there is any doctors/clinics in europe/scandinavia who is offering or working with the Bredesen protocol ?

I would be great full for any information regarding this.

And thank you for building this forum.

sincerely

Dr. Ulrich Ghisler, M.D
Copenhagen
Denmark
Csaebye wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 pm Hej igen,
For at specificere nærmere; jeg er almen mediciner, og har taget en uddannelse i Functional medicine ved IFM og Bredesens kursus vedr Reversing Cognitiv Decline og er selv E4 homozygot. jeg har nogle kontakter og ideer til udredningen mm.
Hvis jeg kan hjælpe har du mit nummer.
Go’ aften, Claus Sæbye
Hej Claus/Csaebye and Dr. Ib/Ulrich

Der er gået nogle år siden dette opslag. Jeg har svært ved at finde klinikker/læger, der gør brug af Bredesens protokol til behandling af Alzheimer's i Danmark. Hvis I er blevet klogere siden 2019, og for den sags skyld stadig er aktive her, så send mig gerne en PM, hvis I har nyttig information. Al hjælp er meget værdsat.

Bh, Nicolailnp
Moderator Note: Google Translation:
Hello Claus/Csaebye and Dr. Ib/Ulrich

A few years have passed since this post. I have difficulty finding clinics/doctors who use Bredesen's protocol for the treatment of Alzheimer's in Denmark. If you guys have gotten wiser since 2019, and for that matter are still active here, feel free to send me a PM if you have any useful information. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nicolailnp
Nicolailnp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nicolailnp »

Dr. Ib wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 am Dear APoe4 forum,

I am a new member of this forum. I am medical doctor situated in Copenhagen, Denmark,Europe and have been reading about the promising results by the Dr. Bredesen Protocol for alzheimers with great interest.
I have started my educational journey by watching videos and ordered Bredesens book "End of alzheimers".

As I have a family member and a neighbor suffering from Alzheimers, I am curious to know if there is any doctors/clinics in europe/scandinavia who is offering or working with the Bredesen protocol ?

I would be great full for any information regarding this.

And thank you for building this forum.

sincerely

Dr. Ulrich Ghisler, M.D
Copenhagen
Denmark
Hej Ulrik
Det er nogle år siden, du har lavet dette opslag. Men hvis du skulle ligge inde med ny viden om, hvor/om der behandles for Alzheimer's med Bredesens protokol i DK, så må du endelig give lyd fra dig. Jeg søger hjælp til min far, der er i meget tidlig fase.
Kh
Nicolailnp

Moderator's Note: Below is a GoogleTranslation from Danish; apologies if it is not accurate:
Hi Ulrik
It has been a few years since you made this post. But if you were to be left with new information about where/if there is treatment for Alzheimer's with Bredesen's protocol in DK, then you must finally speak up. I'm looking for help for my father, who is in a very early phase.
Kh
Nicolailnp

NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Dr. Ib wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 am...As I have a family member and a neighbor suffering from Alzheimers, I am curious to know if there is any doctors/clinics in europe/scandinavia who is offering or working with the Bredesen protocol ?

I would be great full for any information regarding this. ...
Dr. Ulrich Ghisler, M.D
Copenhagen
Denmark
Nicolailnp wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:16 pmHej Ulrik
Det er nogle år siden, du har lavet dette opslag. Men hvis du skulle ligge inde med ny viden om, hvor/om der behandles for Alzheimer's med Bredesens protokol i DK, så må du endelig give lyd fra dig. Jeg søger hjælp til min far, der er i meget tidlig fase.
Kh
Nicolailnp
Moderator's Note: Below is a GoogleTranslation from Danish; apologies if it is not accurate:
Hi Ulrik
It has been a few years since you made this post. But if you were to be left with new information about where/if there is treatment for Alzheimer's with Bredesen's protocol in DK, then you must finally speak up. I'm looking for help for my father, who is in a very early phase.
Kh
Nicolailnp

Welcome, Nicolailnp,

I so glad that you found our forum and this post from 2019 from Dr. Ghisler, who also had a family member with Alzheimer's and was living in Denmark. Your love and commitment to find help for your father's "very early stage" of cognitive impairment needs no translation, and is a wonderful gift to him. Many of us have felt confused about how to help when we realized our family members were struggling with changes in memory, using language to share ideas and emotions, driving or other daily tasks, handling finances, sleep, exercise or moods.

The easiest way to find out about any practitioners who have trained directly with Apollo Health, which is Dr. Bredesen's company, would be to email them at info@ahnphealth.com. Here is their website: https://www.apollohealthco.com.

We have a list of practitioners who have either been recommended by our members or have asked us to provide their information here: ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners You may be able to connect with them remotely for consultation on your father.

We also provide a list of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches who often provide online support through Zoom to support family members in day-to-day strategies for the Bredesen protocol.

We have many knowledgeable members who may be able to what they found helpful at this stage, if you are comfortable sharing some of the specific areas in which you see your father needing support. Health coaches I know often talk about focusing on a few "big areas" that would either make the biggest difference in your father's ability to enjoy life, or to his overall health, rather than try to change every part of his routine at once.

If you want to share more, you can post again on this topic or start a new post on our Our Stories forum. It looks like you have found some parts of our forum already, since you mentioned PM [Private Messages] in your first post. Well done, since that is an easy way to share information specific to you and Dr. Ulrich or others. You may have also found our Primer, written by Dr. Stavia, who also has ApoE 4/4 and offers helpful strategies to think about where to begin.

As a daughter who has been where you are now, please remember to take care of yourself, since you have probably been deeply affected by this news. From the perspective of time, I realized that this can be a path of joy in guiding our parents as they once guided us.

Best wishes in your search,

Nancy [Translated by Google to Danish: apologies for any mistakes!]

Jeg er så glad for, at du fandt vores forum og dette indlæg fra 2019 fra Dr. Ghisler, som også havde et familiemedlem med Alzheimers og boede i Danmark. Din kærlighed og forpligtelse til at finde hjælp til din fars "meget tidlige stadie" af kognitiv svækkelse behøver ingen oversættelse, og er en vidunderlig gave til ham. Mange af os har følt os forvirrede over, hvordan vi kan hjælpe, når vi indså, at vores familiemedlemmer kæmpede med ændringer i hukommelsen, brugte sprog til at dele ideer og følelser, køre bil eller andre daglige opgaver, håndtere økonomi, søvn, motion eller humør.

Den nemmeste måde at finde ud af om enhver praktiserende læge, der har trænet direkte med Apollo Health, som er Dr. Bredesens firma, ville være at e-maile dem på info@ahnphealth.com. Her er deres hjemmeside: https://www.apollohealthco.com.

Vi har en liste over behandlere, som enten er blevet anbefalet af vores medlemmer eller har bedt os om at give deres oplysninger her: ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners[/ url] Du kan muligvis få forbindelse til dem eksternt for at få konsultation om din far.

Vi tilbyder også en liste over [url=https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Aware_Health_Coaches#A_list_of_ApoE4_Aware_Health_Coaches]ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches
, som ofte yder online support gennem Zoom for at støtte familiemedlemmer i hverdagen- dagens strategier for Bredesen-protokollen.

Vi har mange kyndige medlemmer, som måske kan gøre det, de fandt nyttigt på dette tidspunkt, hvis du er tryg ved at dele nogle af de specifikke områder, hvor du ser, at din far har brug for støtte. Sundhedscoacher, jeg kender, taler ofte om at fokusere på nogle få "store områder", som enten ville gøre den største forskel i din fars evne til at nyde livet eller for hans generelle helbred, i stedet for at prøve at ændre alle dele af hans rutine på én gang.

Hvis du vil dele mere, kan du skrive igen om dette emne eller starte et nyt indlæg på vores Vores historier-forum. Det ser ud til, at du allerede har fundet nogle dele af vores forum, da du nævnte PM [Private beskeder] i dit første indlæg. Godt gået, da det er en nem måde at dele oplysninger, der er specifikke for dig og Dr. Ulrich eller andre. Du har muligvis også fundet vores Primer, skrevet af Dr. Stavia, som også har ApoE 4/4 og tilbyder nyttige strategier til at tænke over, hvor du skal begynde.

Som en datter, der har været, hvor du er nu, så husk at passe på dig selv, da du sikkert er blevet dybt berørt af denne nyhed. Fra et tidsperspektiv indså jeg, at dette kan være en glædens vej ved at vejlede vores forældre, som de engang vejledte os.

De bedste ønsker i din søgen,

Nancy
4/4 and still an optimist!
Nicolailnp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nicolailnp »

Welcome, Nicolailnp,

I so glad that you found our forum and this post from 2019 from Dr. Ghisler, who also had a family member with Alzheimer's and was living in Denmark. Your love and commitment to find help for your father's "very early stage" of cognitive impairment needs no translation, and is a wonderful gift to him. Many of us have felt confused about how to help when we realized our family members were struggling with changes in memory, using language to share ideas and emotions, driving or other daily tasks, handling finances, sleep, exercise or moods.

The easiest way to find out about any practitioners who have trained directly with Apollo Health, which is Dr. Bredesen's company, would be to email them at info@ahnphealth.com. Here is their website: https://www.apollohealthco.com.

We have a list of practitioners who have either been recommended by our members or have asked us to provide their information here: ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners You may be able to connect with them remotely for consultation on your father.

We also provide a list of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches who often provide online support through Zoom to support family members in day-to-day strategies for the Bredesen protocol.

We have many knowledgeable members who may be able to what they found helpful at this stage, if you are comfortable sharing some of the specific areas in which you see your father needing support. Health coaches I know often talk about focusing on a few "big areas" that would either make the biggest difference in your father's ability to enjoy life, or to his overall health, rather than try to change every part of his routine at once.

If you want to share more, you can post again on this topic or start a new post on our Our Stories forum. It looks like you have found some parts of our forum already, since you mentioned PM [Private Messages] in your first post. Well done, since that is an easy way to share information specific to you and Dr. Ulrich or others. You may have also found our Primer, written by Dr. Stavia, who also has ApoE 4/4 and offers helpful strategies to think about where to begin.

As a daughter who has been where you are now, please remember to take care of yourself, since you have probably been deeply affected by this news. From the perspective of time, I realized that this can be a path of joy in guiding our parents as they once guided us.

Best wishes in your search,

Nancy
Thanks for the welcome, Nancy. Good idea to contact Apollo Health directly, didn't think of this. And thanks for all the information.

Best,
Nicolailnp
runeakb
New User
New User

Post by runeakb »

Hej Nicolai.
Jeg har også et familiemedlem, som er i et tidligt stadium af en demenssygdom. Jeg er selv APOE4/3, og har søgt forgæves efter en et fællesskab her i Norden. Det er mærkværdigt, at det ikke rigtig findes, da APOE4 er hyppigt forekommende i den her del af verden. Hvis du finder noget spændende, er jeg meget interesseret.
MVH Rune
Moderator Note: This is the Google translation from Danish:
Hi Nicolai.
I also have a family member who is in the early stages of dementia. I myself am APOE4/3, and have searched in vain for a community here in the Nordics. It is curious that it does not really exist, as APOE4 is frequently found in this part of the world. If you find something interesting, I am very interested.
MVH Rune