Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Post by mike »

Kick Alzheimer's Rear End - KARE
Sonoma Mike
4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Screw Alzheimer’s
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

It's extraordinarily encouraging to see a mainstream Alzheimer's news outlet, Alzheimer's News Today, promoting this free series Alzheimer's- The Science of Prevention that runs from October 9-22. You can learn more and register here. Dr. Bredesen's work, among many others, will be featured.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

This is such fantastic news! Thanks for sharing Julie!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

MSV wrote:A friend just emailed me to let me know a documentary entitled "Alzheimers - The Science of Prevention" is set to air for twelve days with one episode available each day for 24 hours. (Is this a repeat of a series that was available in April?)
To watch, first go to: https://scienceofprevention.com/ and sign up with your email. You'll immediately receive a welcome email with an intro and directions signed by Dr. Perlmutter.

Here's the beginning of the email:

"You’re in! I’m so happy to hear that you’ll be joining us for the world premiere of our new documentary series, Alzheimer’s - The Science of Prevention. I’m confident that you will walk away from this series feeling educated, encouraged, and empowered.

The only thing more worrisome than brain disease is feeling like there is nothing you can do about it. The good news is, evidence suggests you can drastically reduce your chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease with simple diet & lifestyle changes, and this series will show you how to do just that.

This 12 episode documentary series will give you the tools you need to help yourself and your loved ones live long, healthy, fulfilling lives. The information in this series is truly life-changing. Incorporating these recommendations will pay dividends for the rest of your life.
Here’s what you can expect to gain from this series:

Practical tools and recommendations you can begin using immediately to help reduce your chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease
A better understanding of Alzheimer’s, what causes it, and what exactly is happening in the brain
Clear recommendations on the kinds of diet & lifestyle changes you should consider in order to live a long, healthy life
An understanding on how you can change your genetic destiny, rewire your brain’s connections, and grow new neurons
Specific ways you can give your brain all the support it needs to remain sharp and improve your brain function today, tomorrow, and into old age
Here’s what you need to know about the online world premiere:

This online event starts October 9th at 9:00 AM EST.
You will receive an email in your inbox with your personal link to watch the first episode. Then for the duration of the series, you will get an email each day to a brand new video with the link to watch.
You will have 24 hours to access each episode, starting daily at 9am ET. You won’t want to miss any of these groundbreaking episodes."

I don't know if there will be new information that we haven't heard before, but I'm willing to watch to find out!

Margaret
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

One step forward, two steps back… sigh. An independent, volunteer panel of national experts in disease prevention and evidence-based medicine that works to improve the health of all Americans by making evidence-based recommendations about clinical preventive services, called the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), has recently suggested that there is INSUFFICIENT evidence to recommend screening for cognitive impairment in older adults. Head banging on table. We are so far apart! We want prevention and it’s too soon for SCREENING??? :shock: You can read their rationale here. I’ve already weighed in on our behalf (partially using a template from Us Against Alzheimer’s) encouraging the group to reconsider their decision. You are welcome to personally comment on the link above. My response is attached below.
USPSTF Comments from ApoE4.Info, Inc..docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

Julie G wrote: You can read their rationale here.
They've moved the info. I'll do a search tomorrow, see if I can find. It shows a 404 page. Maybe it is no longer a draft...grrrrrr...
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

They've moved the info. I'll do a search tomorrow, see if I can find. It shows a 404 page. Maybe it is no longer a draft...grrrrrr...
No, my bad. I fixed the link above and you can find it here. Comments are open until 8PM ET tonight.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi friends! Ellenjane, one of our UK physicians, and I are meeting on October 25th at 11AM ET, 10AM CT, 9AM MT, 8AM PT, and 3PM GMT to begin the process of hammering out a scientific consensus statement. This will outline the best evidence to support prevention and will serve as the basis for our project. We warmly invite anyone who's interested to join us.

In the meantime, I've been engaged in behind the scenes conversations with other partners that may be willing to join and/or provide funding for our project. I'll share an update at the meeting. With no cure in sight, it's more important than ever for us to focus on getting out the word on prevention. See details for how to join below:
___
Julie Gregory is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Alzheimer's Prevention Campaign
Time: Oct 25, 2019 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/426857492

Meeting ID: 426 857 492

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,426857492# US (New York)
+17207072699,,426857492# US (Denver)

Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
Meeting ID: 426 857 492
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/avTjZG0SQ
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

F*ck Off Alzheimer’s
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!