One day AD conference/ New York meet up?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

One day AD conference/ New York meet up?

Post by Julie G »

This looks like a good one day conference entitled: Alzheimer's Disease Therapeutics: Alternatives to Amyloid 2019. I've previously attended a similar event hosted by The New York Academy of Sciences that was outstanding. They're just calling for abstracts now. So far, Dr. Roberta Brinton is among the featured speakers. As you know, she's done quite of bit of ApoE4 work focusing on bioenergetics. For those interested it's scheduled for Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. you can learn more here. FWIW, we qualify for a lower admission price by virtue of our non-profit status. Anyone interested in this one? I'm tempted...
For the last 25 years, research in Alzheimer’s disease has focused on amyloid as the key driver of disease pathogenesis. However, the recent failure of several Phase III clinical trials targeting amyloid has reinforced the need to critically evaluate these trials and consider different approaches.  There is burgeoning interest in identifying alternative drug targets: over half of ongoing preclinical research in Alzheimer’s disease now focuses on neuro-inflammation, bioenergetics, epigenetics, protein homeostasis and other alternative pathways.

This conference will consider the landscape of Alzheimer’s disease research including the current state of the amyloid hypothesis, emerging disease mechanisms, and strategies to develop novel therapeutic approaches.
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Re: One day AD conference/ New York meet up?

Post by MagicBean »

This looks very interesting... I'm tempted, too, Julie!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yay! Anyone else interested? We can get a reduced rate via our non-profit status...
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I would love to, but the cost involved is more than just the conference.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
DaughterofBarb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaughterofBarb »

I live in NYC and while I cannot attend the conference, would be interested in a meet-up.

--J
New Member, ApoE 3/4, mother with Alzheimer's, "Keto Konvert" and aspiring Bredesen Protocolee
Last edited by DaughterofBarb on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

I may be able to go ~ I'm in CT. Keep us posted!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Julie G wrote:
Yay! Anyone else interested? We can get a reduced rate via our non-profit status...

I am in NYC and I am definitely interested in attending!
Julie, how do I receive the discount? ( I am also a student)

Is anyone else planning on attending? Maybe be we can go together.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

DaughterofBarb wrote:I live in NYC and while I cannot attend the conference, would be interested in a meet-up.

--Janice
New Member, ApoE 3/4, mother with Alzheimer's, "Keto Konvert" and aspiring Bredesen Protocolee
Janice,
Welcome to the forum! It is super nice to have another New Yorker here!
I do not know of any NYC meet-up but if there are more members interested we could think of one.

For now I would like to invite you to look around the forum. A great place to start exploring is the PRIMER. This resource is a comprehensive overview of prevention strategies. You can find in the primer tips on lowering insulin resistance, sleep, stress management, movement and diet tips. Dr Stavia, who wrote the PRIMER, has also included an explanation of science of APOE4 phenotype, summary of important biomarkers to check and important supplements to consider.

If you need some more explanation on how to navigate the forum please take a look at this link: How to get the most out of the forum.

Please reach out if at any point of your journey questions and concerns come up. We are here to support and help.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I am in NYC and I am definitely interested in attending!
Julie, how do I receive the discount? ( I am also a student)
How wonderful that you can represent us, Magda! You may wish to inquire whether the student or non-profit discount is better or if you can combine them. If you decide to use ours, just send me a PM and I'll provide you with our EIN number. You'll be provided with a badge that identifies you as a member of ApoE4.Info, Inc.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

FYI to all: I just clicked the link and found that anyone can register. . . even if you are not in the NYC area. The conference can be accessed via webinar as well!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy