Alzheimer's Cured by Methylene Blue Celebration Thread!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Alzheimer's Cured by Methylene Blue Celebration Thread!

Post by J11 »

Clinical 5.GIF
Clinical 4.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Capital Markets.GIF
Pathology Market.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Summary.GIF
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

On the clinicaltrials.gov site, taurx's Lucidity phase 3 for LMTM was fully enrolled on January 6,2021. This trial has a 1 year term for the primary readout. We are now past 1 year!

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... w=2&rank=5

This is huge news!
Alzheimer's Liberation Day (part2)!

Just cracked upen my sparkling 2018 vintage kordon bleu.
Cheers!

LMTM (reduced methylene blue) is an oral drug that has shown very large anti-dementing effects, without prominent side-effects and has shown efficacy even into moderate AD. Considering how widely available MB is one might expect that the launch price will not be $56,000 per year.

Given the pervasiveness of tau pathology, LMTM might be prescribed at population scale. It could change the nature of a human cognition on our entire planet over the shortish term.
vegarejuvinated
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vegarejuvinated »

Thanks for all the great information. I have been following the methylene blue story for the last couple of years and had decided that it was time to self experiment. I was going to order some blue troche’s from https://troscriptions.com/products/justblue but they don’t ship outside of the US. I spoke to my Dr and he was willing to let me trial but it’s not available at the compounding pharmacies here is Australia. I’m keen to hear from anyone who has been self experimenting and ideas of why to buy.
4/4 from parents of a 2/4 and 4/4/
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

vegarejuvinated: Yes, I recently decided that I would also become more serious about methylene blue dosing. I have only on rare occasions self-dosed with MB to date. Now that the phase 3+ round has reached its primary completion date I figure it is time to get more serious about it. This really is one of the ways that pharma can help patients; they can provide the firm science that tells them what works and how much. I have known about MB for so long (right around the ICAD meeting in 2008) and yet I was never very clear whether it was truly that effective. I very much regret that I was not able to help my loved with dementia with MB, though it was just not clear enough for me. Now it is much clearer; and perhaps within a few months definitive evidence will be available. The already released evidence suggests that MB represents essentially a cure for dementia (even at the moderate stage).

In order to become more serious about AD and MB dosing, I recently bought what was labeled as USP MB online from amazon. I also have my gamma light; homotaurine and curcumin. I want to start up a full on dementia protocol starting in February-- er, that would be Tuesday. If others could hold my feet to the fire on this commitment it would be helpful for me. It is somewhat surprising how tricky it can be to acquire and stick to a new routine even when it could mean avoiding amyloid dementia. I think that I should also add in a next generation sound and light machine that has gamma entrainment. My old machine does not seem to reach up to 40 Hz.

taurx looks like they will be the first company to go to bank with AD treatment. They do not seem to speaking about maximal wealth extraction of AD patients, but instead more about a reasonable approach with affordable treatment.
Strangely, it is exactly this type of thinking that could create a truly enormous windfall for the company. There are tens of millions of patients and probably many more tens of millions of near patients who want a reasonable treatment option to a reasonable price. Reduced MB (i.e., LMTM) would seem to be the ticket. There are minimal side effects at the effective dose and very large treatment effects have been reported. A massively epic money drop could be soon approaching.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

J11 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:41 pm In order to become more serious about AD and MB dosing, I recently bought what was labeled as USP MB online from amazon. I also have my gamma light; homotaurine and curcumin. I want to start up a full on dementia protocol starting in February-- er, that would be Tuesday. If others could hold my feet to the fire on this commitment it would be helpful for me.
Hi J11! Consider those feet of yours held to the flames!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Thank you Flora.

I was hoping that those on thread might have taken my comment as more of a rhetorical remark. Yet, it really does help when you have others who are there to encourage you on to your goals. With AD there are a range of treatments that I have known about for some time that I never have gotten around to. It does make a great deal of sense to try many of these (including curcumin, gamma entrainment, homotaurine, methylene blue) as they have few side effects and the potential for benefit. It is difficult,though, when there is uncertainty about there efficacy. from current knowledge, cucurmin, homotaurine and methylene blue should be thought of as being largely proven.

I have in fact been fairly consistent over the last week with a daily dose of MB; gamma entrainment is actually fairly easy with the light over the dinner table; should start up curcumin tea over the next few days. I suppose if I don't, you will help remind me.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Extra New 5b.gif
Leca p2 amyloid edit 1b.png
Leca CDR-sb 2 new 2.png
Last edited by J11 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Ok, I added in some subgroups and other trials and now the figure should be largely up to date.
The other figures are the leca phase 2 where I was considering the CDR-sb and SUVR for the 14 month time point.

The red horizontal lines are Emerge high dose subgroups. The topmost of these red lines is a very rough estimate of where the epsilon 4s readout. They did quite a bit better than the non-e4s. The bottom red line is the emerge high dose mild ADs. They approached 1 CDR-sb which is quite large. The light green lines are the leca phase 2 subgroups. The topmost of these lines is the e4s; they experienced nearly a 50% reduction in decline on ADCOMS which approaches 1 CDR-sb point this is also quite large. The leca phase 2 Milds also roughly received a 1CDR-sb benefit; this is also quite large and very similar to the Emerge result for this same subgroup.

I also added in the LMTX (taurx phase 3) result in the qualitative gold box. This was also a very large result.

As can be seen as we move to subgroups (e.g., APOE e4s, Mild AD, etc) the CDR-sb gains can become substantial. These subgroups are of moderate size so they cannot be easily dismissed as being the result of inadequate sample size. Furthermore, epsilon 4 and dementia stage are such highly familiar predictors of treatment response that they might have been prespecified in the trial analysis plans.