Alzheimer's Cured by Methylene Blue Celebration Thread!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Alzheimer's Cured by Methylene Blue Celebration Thread!

Post by J11 »

ITT 1.png
301 Newer 5.png
302 Top Newer 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

What I wanted to highlight in the above figures is that there was range of potential readouts that could have been used with the Aducanumab trials. Three options are given above: Intention to Treat during double blind, uncensored ITT, and opportunity to complete (by March 20). This is explained in the first figure of the series.

Remember what happened; the trial was locked on March 20, 2019); futility was declared on March 21 and patients went to have their last cognitive read at the memory clinics up to 18 weeks later without additional treatment. What is strange about this is that when using all the information from these patients even after declaring the trial a failure the treatment effect expanded; the p-value also reduced greatly to 0.0029. If there were a placebo effect in this instance would it not have been expected to be negative? Then why did the patients continue to improve? Notice also that the sample size greatly increases when using the uncensored ITT to n=403 from n=298. Most of the values used in the analysis of Aducan had ~300. This larger sample size and the new reduction of decline of 25% combine to greatly reduce the p-value.

It is very unclear to me why this trial population was not considered more for the topline analysis. The uncensored ITT has much more of the trial data and is more reflective of the actual outcome.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Beta-Amyloid PET 1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

The above is from the CMS document and refers to the use of PET amyloid under the proposed CED. The policy stresses that only one lifetime PET amyloid scan is allowed for those on Medicare. This continues to confuse me.
The clinical trials with anti-amyloid agents have used at least 2 PET scans in order to find out how much SUVR amyloid was reduced and then this could be compared to the change in CDR-sb and other cognitive endpoints. Isn't that the entire point of CED? Isn't the intention for any clinical trials under CED to be research in nature? There is an attempt to establish the link more fully between amyloid removal and cognitive benefit? The FDA approved Aducanumab under the accelerated approval label on the basis that there was a strong though not definitive connection between change in amyloid and change in cognition. This is an important question that proposed CED trials could more define, yet with only one PET amyloid scan this would not be possible.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

J11 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:17 pm I have in fact been fairly consistent over the last week with a daily dose of MB; gamma entrainment is actually fairly easy with the light over the dinner table; should start up curcumin tea over the next few days. I suppose if I don't, you will help remind me.
yes, J11, I will keep watching for updates on your progress. Do you have some means of quantifying improvement from the interventions your trying?
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Err, this could be like in high school when the coach would sit on a comfy lawn chair and tell us to keep on doing more laps!

I have PEBL that might do it.
I have also thought lately that it would serve the self-interests of pharma if they were to offer a validated online cognitive screening tool. I mean if people are going to be in possibly tens of $1,000s for anti-amyloids then would it be too much to ask for a good quality psychometric instrument. Perhaps the government might even be interested in this, I mean they might be in for tens of $billions. An online tool could help people to know if they actually needed treatment and if they were under treatment whether it was doing any good. I suppose if they don't take the effort to write an app they could always let pharma ask them whether they have ever misplaced their keys? Um, I have misplaced my keys on ocassion...
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

J11 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:53 pm Err, this could be like in high school when the coach would sit on a comfy lawn chair and tell us to keep on doing more laps!
Uh-huh! :lol:
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Yeah, the coach would sit comfortably in the comfy chair.

Us kids would ask "Hey coach when can we stop running?"
"When I run out of beer", sayeth coach.

We all wanted to grow up to be the coach and not the schmucks running around the track.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Celebrations begin!

taurx is reporting that they had a positive result for Lucidity!!!
https://taurx.com/news-insights/initial ... dity-study

"Tau-targeting Alzheimer’s treatment, HMTM, moving toward regulatory submission based on initial data from TauRx’s LUCIDITY trial

• LUCIDITY data suggest that participants receiving hydromethylthionine mesylate (HMTM) decline at a rate substantially less than is typical in Alzheimer’s based on published research
• Safety profile is favourable and consistent with previous HMTM studies
• TauRx will now pursue regulatory submission and coverage for HMTM

Aberdeen, UK and Singapore, May 31, 2022 – TauRx Pharmaceuticals Ltd, the global leader in tau-based research in Alzheimer’s, today announced unblinding of initial data from completion of the randomised portion of their pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial, LUCIDITY (NCT03446001). ..."

Quantification was not provided, though this will be reported on June 9th.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Further Lucidity results have been announced.
Lucidity appears to be positive with caveats.

Topline result reported 74% slowing on ADAS-cog 11 of the total high dose treatment arm versus historical controls.
The MCI patients improved by 2 points on ADAS-cog 11.

There are complications caveats and confusions (however).
More to follow.