Glucose metabolism in Alzheimer disease.

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Svetlana
Contributor
Contributor

Glucose metabolism in Alzheimer disease.

Post by Svetlana »

"Areas or patterns of reduced glucose metabolism are often seen in brain scans of patients with Alzheimer disease and other dementias. Now, a growing body of evidence suggests that glucose hypometabolism may be more than just a biomarker on brain scans: it may be a key player in dementia pathology."
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... t_01102020
emmabarton
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Glucose metabolism in Alzheimer disease.

Post by emmabarton »

Svetlana wrote:"Areas or patterns of reduced glucose metabolism are often seen in brain scans of patients with Alzheimer disease and other dementias. Now, a growing body of evidence suggests that glucose hypometabolism may be more than just a biomarker on brain scans: it may be a key player in dementia pathology."
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... t_01102020
Thanks so much for contributing Svetlana. Since this is your first post, I'd like to welcome you to the ApoE4.info website. I'm not sure how long you've been following the site or how comfortable you are with finding additional content, but I'm happy to share a few interesting aspects that are available-- and please forgive me if you've been here awhile and this sounds redundant.

First, here's an incredibly thorough primer written by one of our members whom is also a medical doctor-- and I think it dovetails nicely with the article you just posted. Another great feature of this site is the wiki page and here is the direct link to a brief discussion on ketosis and the ketogenic diet. When you feel comfortable, please consider sharing a little bit about yourself in the forum. It's a growing, but intimate community and it's a gift to hear everyone's story.

Again, thanks so much for your contribution! Looking forward to continued discussions in the future.

Light and peace,

Emma
healing happens in relationship