COVID-19 Gratitude

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

COVID-19 Gratitude

Post by Julie G »

Hi friends-

Last weekend around a dozen members (board members and senior support staff) met with the intention of discussing business on the site. Instead, it turned into a COVID-19 check-in opportunity. It was eye-opening to see how this pandemic was impacting our members who attended the meeting; a significant percentage thought they had (or have had) the virus, others had been officially notified that they’d been exposed to a known carrier, some were terrified for their safety because of where they lived, others were very concerned for their elderly loved ones (some with dementia) who were locked down at various facilities or at home. Yet, each of these brave souls still took the time out to meet with their genetic family and to check in on one another. I was humbled by your commitment to our project and your generosity during such a frightening time.

As we settle into the concept of sheltering-in-place, I can’t help but think what a rare opportunity this is to slow down and reset to better care of ourselves and those we love. Huge thanks for keeping our movement afloat during this pandemic. Stay safe, my friends.

xo-
Julie