Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by JML »

anniew4 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:21 pmWould it be possible to join in on the next call?
Looking forward to learning from this group!
Annie
Hi Annie--I will send you a private message (look for the envelope icon next to your name in the upper right corner). If you are willing to share your email, I will send you a calendar invitation for the next meeting (when we pick a date!). So glad to have you join us!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Proverbs31_Woman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Proverbs31_Woman »

Good morning,

I would like to join these calls. How do I register?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Proverbs31_Woman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:29 am Good morning,

Good morning! I just wanted to let you know that JML, who moderates this virtual meet-up, checks this forum regularly and will send you a Private Message. You should get an email from her as well as a number 1 showing up on the envelope icon next to your user name in the upper right corner. The next meeting will probably be in the summer, so you'll have plenty of time to respond. Always nice to have someone join from Canada!
4/4 and still an optimist!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Proverbs31_Woman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:29 am Good morning,

Hello--I sent you a private message with information on joining. As soon as we pick the next date to meet, I'll post it here. We look forward to meeting you!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The next virtual Meet-up will be on Saturday June 4 at 3:00-4:30 pm CDT. I'll send out a calendar invitation to all who have shared their email addresses with me. Hope to see you all there!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Just a reminder that the Virtual Meet-up will take place tomorrow Saturday June 4 at 3:00-4:30 pm CDT. The Zoom link has been sent out in a calendar invitation--let me know if you did not receive it and would like to attend.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Can someone tell me where the date of emergence of ApoE3 at 220,000 years ago came from? When I follow the references, neither seems to have any evidence for that date? At one point, I found a paper that used a model to come up with something like that, but I can no longer find it - besides, it stated that their numbers could be way off since they were assuming no evolutionary pressure, which seems unlikely...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

mike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:55 pm Can someone tell me where the date of emergence of ApoE3 at 220,000 years ago came from? When I follow the references, neither seems to have any evidence for that date? At one point, I found a paper that used a model to come up with something like that, but I can no longer find it - besides, it stated that their numbers could be way off since they were assuming no evolutionary pressure, which seems unlikely...
Hi Mike, I know I have read that date of emergence of ApoE3 many times. I just found this in Dr Bredesen’s first book as a footnote to a paragraph on emergence of both ApoE3 and ApoE2.
Scientists can date the appearance of mutations by counting how much they differ from what came before-in this case ApoE3 and ApoE2 vs. ApoE4- and knowing roughly, how many thousands of years it takes for that amount of change to occur.
(pg 100, The End of Alzheimer’s )
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

mike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:55 pm Can someone tell me where the date of emergence of ApoE3 at 220,000 years ago came from? When I follow the references, neither seems to have any evidence for that date? At one point, I found a paper that used a model to come up with something like that, but I can no longer find it - besides, it stated that their numbers could be way off since they were assuming no evolutionary pressure, which seems unlikely...
Sounds like I missed an interesting discussion on Saturday.

Is this the paper you were thinking of: Apolipoprotein E Variation at the Sequence Haplotype Level: Implications for the Origin and Maintenance of a Major Human
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

floramaria wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:05 pm Hi Mike, I know I have read that date of emergence of ApoE3 many times. I just found this in Dr Bredesen’s first book as a footnote to a paragraph on emergence of both ApoE3 and ApoE2.
Scientists can date the appearance of mutations by counting how much they differ from what came before-in this case ApoE3 and ApoE2 vs. ApoE4- and knowing roughly, how many thousands of years it takes for that amount of change to occur.
(pg 100, The End of Alzheimer’s )
Thanks for responding floramaria, A few years ago, they were saying that E3 came out much more recently (40,000 years ago?), and I'm trying to find where the new numbers come from. Scientists doing this kind of work are making a number of assumptions. The article I saw had the current numbers, but they made it clear that it could be off by a huge amount if their assumption that E3 had no evolutionary advantage was wrong. I find it hard to believe that it had no advantage for people eating fast carbs. Also, these are just mathematical models - I haven't seen any fossil evidence that ApoE3 existed that long ago.
Sonoma Mike
4/4