Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by mike »

Thanks Theresa, but I had found that one already. It is similar, but they are not being as definitive about the date. Though they are also assuming no evolutionary advantage between E3 and E4. As Bredesen discusses in this book - you have pre farming / low carb and post farming fast carbs. This is the critical point in time.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Notes and Resources from our Saturday Meet-up:

The Wim Hof Method

Books that were recommended:

Additional resources about Dr. Jill Taylor and strokes

Cleveland Clinic Brain Study

Genes of interest in learning how well we detox: HLA DR-DQ
HLA DR-DQ Gene Calculator and FAQ's

Tests to see if you have Mold Toxins or other Toxins (note that you will need a practitioner form most of these):
Mold: Great Plains Labs Mycotox Profile
Mold: RealTime Labs Mycotoxin Profile
Environmental Toxins: Great Plains Labs GPLTox Profile
Heavy Metals: Quicksilver Tritest and Blood Metals Panel
Heavy Metals: Doctor's Data Urine Toxic Metals Test (Pre and Post Provocation)

Mold Questionnaire from Dr. Jill Crista to see if you might have mold issues

Portable Sauna from Sunlighten

A couple articles on niacin flush sauna (not advocating--check with your doctor!:
From Higher Dose (makers of a sauna blanket)
From Great Plains Labs

Watch this space for the next scheduled Virtual Meet-up (probably in August).
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

JML wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:54 pm Notes and Resources from our Saturday Meet-up:
Watch this space for the next scheduled Virtual Meet-up (probably in August).
Thanks for the excellent notes.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

So going back to the emergence dates of E3 and E2, I found that one of the reference listed led to another reference that may've been the one I was thinking about:

https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S000 ... 07)63282-0

Apolipoprotein E Variation at the Sequence Haplotype Level: Implications for the Origin and Maintenance of a Major Human Polymorphism Implications for the Origin and Maintenance of a Major Human Polymorphism

A couple of quotes
As noted above, the net sequence divergence between human and chimp APOE genes was estimated as 64.7; the average pairwise sequence difference among human haplotypes in the same genomic region was 2.93. If a constant molecular clock is assumed and the humans-chimpanzee time of divergence is taken as 5 million years BP, the time required to generate the observed variation would be ∼226,000 years.
A key assumption underlying these analyses is that the variation is selectively neutral. If this assumption is met, then these analyses suggest that the divergence between η4 and the η2 and η3 clades (dated by the mutation at site 3937) began ∼200,000 years ago and that most of the subsequent intraallelic divergence has occurred only comparatively recently in human history, within the past 60,000 years. If, instead, selection has acted to increase the relative frequency of the mutation at site 3937 (as discussed below), then the inferred ages may overestimate the antiquity of the η2-η3-η4 polymorphism, because sites in the sample would then be at a higher relative frequency than expected, given the influence of random genetic drift alone. In either case, the recent origin of the APOE protein polymorphism suggested by these age estimates is not consistent with the long-standing maintenance of the η2, η3, and η4 alleles in human populations as a balanced polymorphism.
This is saying that these dates only hold if the variation is selectively neutral, and if not, then the numbers would be much more recent. This seems huge to me. I don't think E3 is an adaptation to eating meat, but rather an adaption to more carbs. The dates are critical.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Virtual Book Club: MiHigh Infrared Blanket

Post by circular »

JML wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pmInfrared Sauna Blanket:
Here is the US website for MiHIGH https://www.mihigh.com
I was hoping this might be on sale as part of Amazon Prime, but no dice. Is it possible that some of the cheaper sauna blankets are just as good? Does this only cost more because maybe it was the first one out? I realize no EMF probably carries a premiu. Has anyone looked into alternative makers? The blanket is the best possible way for me to get the infrared sauna benefits for a number of reasons.

I also don't have time to delve into the tradeoffs between infrared and near infrared saunas, so any feedback about that would be helpful too.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

circular wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:32 pm
I was hoping this might be on sale as part of Amazon Prime, but no dice. Is it possible that some of the cheaper sauna blankets are just as good? Does this only cost more because maybe it was the first one out? I realize no EMF probably carries a premiu. Has anyone looked into alternative makers? The blanket is the best possible way for me to get the infrared sauna benefits for a number of reasons.

I also don't have time to delve into the tradeoffs between infrared and near infrared saunas, so any feedback about that would be helpful too.
The only other sauna blanket that I have heard is low EMF is the Higher Dose, but it looks like it is even more expensive. I'm sorry that I don't know more about any of the cheaper ones. I think you do have to pay more to get lower EMF.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

JML wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:43 pm
circular wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:32 pm

The only other sauna blanket that I have heard is low EMF is the Higher Dose, but it looks like it is even more expensive. I'm sorry that I don't know more about any of the cheaper ones. I think you do have to pay more to get lower EMF.
Thanks, it certainly makes sense. I'll buy a ticket for the Mega Millions lottery before Tuesday :lol:
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Best group ever in my opinion :)
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

circular wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:32 pm I also don't have time to delve into the tradeoffs between infrared and near infrared saunas, so any feedback about that would be helpful too.
I did a quick search and found this overview comparing near, mid, and far infrared saunas as a starting point for research. It seems that each wavelength range provides different potential benefits, while far-infrared may be safer overall. I wonder how often people using far infrared saunas think they're getting some of the benefits mainly found with near infrared saunas. At least they have less risk and are still benefitting.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The next Virtual Meet-Up will be Saturday, August 6 from 3:00-4:30 pm CT. If you would like to join and did not receive a calendar invitation with zoom link, let me know!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4