Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

DDorans
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

Post by DDorans »

How do I b come part of this research program. I would like to begin the testing but need to be able to log into pro drone to order the tests. How do I sign up.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

How do I b come part of this research program. I would like to begin the testing but need to be able to log into pro drone to order the tests. How do I sign up.
So happy you're interested. In our announcement, we shared the link to get started, copied here: https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... lood-test/. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Emily C wrote:Floramaria,
I heard from Prodrome - when you receive your next set of results from Prodrome, they will send the CSV files for both blood draw kits you submitted - the original and this 2nd kit. (You should receive 3 attachments from Prodrome at that time - Prodrome's detailed results for your 2nd kit, and the 2 CSV files.)
Thanks, Emily C!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
maryw6kids
New User
New User

Post by maryw6kids »

I'm new here. I have been in serious cognitive decline for several years now. After doing research and going down the rabbit hole, I found I could look at my 23andMe testing, which I had done a few years ago, and unfortunately found I'm EpoE4/4.
After reading this thread I tried to order the testing kit with 2 month supply of oils from Prodome using the discount code (for 25% off) and it wouldn't apply.
Am I too late to get in on this deal?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

maryw6kids wrote:I'm new here. I have been in serious cognitive decline for several years now. After doing research and going down the rabbit hole, I found I could look at my 23andMe testing, which I had done a few years ago, and unfortunately found I'm EpoE4/4.
After reading this thread I tried to order the testing kit with 2 month supply of oils from Prodome using the discount code (for 25% off) and it wouldn't apply.
Am I too late to get in on this deal?...
Welcome maryw6kids!

We hope you found Julie G's helpful reply, which I'll include here:
Julie G wrote:Absolutely not. If you're willing to take part in our research project which involves sharing an anonymized version of your test results, you are entitled to a 40% discount for the testing kit and oils, found here: https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... lood-test/. If you'd prefer to place the order and not participate, you can use code APOE4GROUP25 at checkout using this link: https://prodrome.com/store/.
We'll also ask Emily Cole, PhD, our project manager (efcole on the site) to contact you to help you access the testing kit.

We look forward to hearing updates from you!
4/4 and still an optimist!
ro.oconnor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ro.oconnor »

maryw6kids wrote:I'm new here. I have been in serious cognitive decline for several years now. After doing research and going down the rabbit hole, I found I could look at my 23andMe testing, which I had done a few years ago, and unfortunately found I'm EpoE4/4.

A warm welcome to you, maryw6kids! I'm so glad that you found this group because you are definitely not in this alone. We are a very supportive community where you can find information, inspiration and hope. If you would like to read about the experiences of other members, please check out Our Stories and if you are comfortable, you I encourage you to share your own.

As you explore the website further, you may find the Primer helpful. It is authored by a member physician who carries two copies of the ApoE4 allele and is a great resource, exploring areas such as the science behind the ApoE4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression. Additionally, you may want to check out the How-to Guide, which includes tricks and tips for getting the most out of the discussion forums. And finally, there is a helpful search function for the forum that can be used to find past conversations on topics that you are interested in. You can access it by selecting the magnifying glass icon near your username in the top right-hand corner of this page.

I see that your question about the testing kit has already been answered. Please don't hesitate to reach out again with any other questions. We are happy to help!

Warmly,
Rosanne
ro.oconnor
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach

ApoE 3/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Absolutely not. If you're willing to take part in our research project which involves sharing an anonymized version of your test results, you are entitled to a 40% discount for the testing kit and oils, found here: https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... lood-test/. If you'd prefer to place the order and not participate, you can use code APOE4GROUP25 at checkout using this link: https://prodrome.com/store/.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

alznomore wrote:I have also had my first Prodrome Scan and would like to participate in MOD4. Is there a sign up process or do I just send my CVS file to the MOD4 email when I am next tested. Also, do I have to be taking ALL of Dr. Goodenowe's recommended supplements or is okay to just be on Prodrome Neuro and supplements recommended by my practitioner?
Thanks,
Laureen
Hi Laureen! So happy you can participate. Your plan for the next round of testing is perfect, but I think we can also retroactively convert your first results into a CSV file. I'll ping our project manager, Emily, to see what your next steps should be. Stand by for a response.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Julie G wrote:
alznomore wrote:I have also had my first Prodrome Scan and would like to participate in MOD4. Is there a sign up process or do I just send my CVS file to the MOD4 email when I am next tested. Also, do I have to be taking ALL of Dr. Goodenowe's recommended supplements or is okay to just be on Prodrome Neuro and supplements recommended by my practitioner?
Thanks,
Laureen
Hi Laureen! So happy you can participate. Your plan for the next round of testing is perfect, but I think we can also retroactively convert your first results into a CSV file. I'll ping our project manager, Emily, to see what your next steps should be. Stand by for a response.
Hi Laureen,

Thanks for your good questions. When you are next tested and send in your kit, please write on the top of the Test Requisition Form, "APOE4 Project" - this will alert Prodrome to send you 2 CSV files when you receive your results for the 2nd blood test - the CSV file for your original results and for the 2nd round of results.
Also, there is no requirement to be taking any or all of Dr. Goodenowe's supplements - it is entirely your choice.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to post any other questions you have. We are thrilled you will be participating in our research project!

Take care,
Emily
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

floramaria wrote:
Emily C wrote:Floramaria,
I heard from Prodrome - when you receive your next set of results from Prodrome, they will send the CSV files for both blood draw kits you submitted - the original and this 2nd kit. (You should receive 3 attachments from Prodrome at that time - Prodrome's detailed results for your 2nd kit, and the 2 CSV files.)
Thanks, Emily C!
Floramaria,

I forgot to include an important part of the instructions for you to receive your 2 CSV files - when you send back your next test kit to Prodrome, please write "APOE4 Project" at the top of the Test Requisition Form. This will alert Prodrome to send the 2 CSV files.
Sorry about the delay on this information!

Take care,
Emily