Need Your Help-my mom got AD cannot take care of herself

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
GraceGao
Contributor
Contributor

Need Your Help-my mom got AD cannot take care of herself

Post by GraceGao »

Hi, everyone, I am Grace, living in Beijing. My mom have going trough AD, for over a year, while her condition is very unstable, and very bad. As Dr. Dale Bredesen's book said: My mom 62 years old: ApoE4, with 1 ApoE4 (ApoE 3/4), (in China Gene company and related doctors said this may not important), NOTCH3 and NOS3 signs VUS, HCY(homocysteine) 11.9 (11.5, 6 months ago), CRP C-reactive protein 1.9, progesterone 0, fasting insulin 7.3, FBG(fasting blood-glucose), 6.3, glycosylated hemoglobin 5.7, Albumin/globulin 1.2, D3 a little bit low, Triglycerides /Total cholesterol a little bit low, estradiol a little bit low. MOCA score is 8 ( 10, 6 months ago). MRI signs the hippocampus atrophied including both sides of the temporal lobe and the butterfly-shaped ventricles in the middle enlarged.
My mom firstly felt unable to calculate accounting and financial management (she was a accountant), and then immediately she cannot sleep in the whole month. She felt bed and sad with her brain and body. In hospital, the doctors said my mom is Anxiety and Depression, giving her medicine like SSRI, Benzodiazepines, and Olanzapine, etc. After using this kind of drugs, she can sleep, while coming out other problems like cognitive disorder, she cannot eat with whole month, cannot shower, cannot take care of herself, cannot pee, now gatism (only night can went to restroom by herself after using Deanxit, after her taking Deanxit for a week, she could awake at after midnight, as completely normal to do her own things like wash colthes, to take care of her own hurry and getting excited about herself better, while daytime still bad like anxiety), during the times, she always said strange words, thought no money, no water, no light, no power, everything is NONE). Now, she turns quite, less words, no midnight awake, daytime yawning, cannot take care of herself, gatism. She had trouble eating, couldn't open her mouth, and spit medicine out of her tongue, all this in just one year! Note: she still keep her good memory! Sometimes still high blood pressure after taking Adalat 30mg a day, except for going out.
Last 3 months began, her status became "one good day and one bad day", but no more anxiety, we could take her out for walk and shopping. Now, my mom just using Mntine 10mg a day and Exelon patches for a month, she had trouble eating, couldn't open her mouth, and spit medicine out of her tongue during her bad day.
I begin to follow the RECODE as Dr. Dale Bredesen's book said, but, in China, no doctor using this treatment and only way is waiting to die, with Mntine and Exelon.
One thing that I confused is: My mom is type I or type III, I hope my mom can have a good treatment with RECODE. ( HOW to deal with the situation of spit medicine out of her tongue. In her bad day, she is hard to eat food.)
I really need this APOE4 family's help.
Thank you all!
Grace
ro.oconnor
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Need Your Help-my mom got AD cannot take care of herself

Post by ro.oconnor »

GraceGao wrote:Hi, everyone, I am Grace, living in Beijing. My mom have going trough AD, for over a year, while her condition is very unstable, and very bad. As Dr. Dale Bredesen's book said: My mom 62 years old: ApoE4, with 1 ApoE4 (ApoE 3/4), (in China Gene company and related doctors said this may not important), NOTCH3 and NOS3 signs VUS, HCY(homocysteine) 11.9 (11.5, 6 months ago), CRP C-reactive protein 1.9, progesterone 0, fasting insulin 7.3, FBG(fasting blood-glucose), 6.3, glycosylated hemoglobin 5.7, Albumin/globulin 1.2, D3 a little bit low, Triglycerides /Total cholesterol a little bit low, estradiol a little bit low. MOCA score is 8 ( 10, 6 months ago). MRI signs the hippocampus atrophied including both sides of the temporal lobe and the butterfly-shaped ventricles in the middle enlarged.
My mom firstly felt unable to calculate accounting and financial management (she was a accountant), and then immediately she cannot sleep in the whole month. She felt bed and sad with her brain and body. In hospital, the doctors said my mom is Anxiety and Depression, giving her medicine like SSRI, Benzodiazepines, and Olanzapine, etc. After using this kind of drugs, she can sleep, while coming out other problems like cognitive disorder, she cannot eat with whole month, cannot shower, cannot take care of herself, cannot pee, now gatism (only night can went to restroom by herself after using Deanxit, after her taking Deanxit for a week, she could awake at after midnight, as completely normal to do her own things like wash colthes, to take care of her own hurry and getting excited about herself better, while daytime still bad like anxiety), during the times, she always said strange words, thought no money, no water, no light, no power, everything is NONE). Now, she turns quite, less words, no midnight awake, daytime yawning, cannot take care of herself, gatism. She had trouble eating, couldn't open her mouth, and spit medicine out of her tongue, all this in just one year! Note: she still keep her good memory! Sometimes still high blood pressure after taking Adalat 30mg a day, except for going out.
Last 3 months began, her status became "one good day and one bad day", but no more anxiety, we could take her out for walk and shopping. Now, my mom just using Mntine 10mg a day and Exelon patches for a month, she had trouble eating, couldn't open her mouth, and spit medicine out of her tongue during her bad day.
I begin to follow the RECODE as Dr. Dale Bredesen's book said, but, in China, no doctor using this treatment and only way is waiting to die, with Mntine and Exelon.
One thing that I confused is: My mom is type I or type III, I hope my mom can have a good treatment with RECODE. ( HOW to deal with the situation of spit medicine out of her tongue. In her bad day, she is hard to eat food.)
I really need this APOE4 family's help.
Thank you all!
Grace
Hello GraceGao,
Welcome to the ApoE4.info community! I am sorry to hear about your mother’s cognitive decline. There’s a lot of good information and support from caring and knowledgeable people on this site who are providing care for their loved ones like you are for your mother. I hope you find your time here supportive and informative! We invite caregivers like you to share their struggles and successes with other members, as well as a means to enhancing their own knowledge. Please feel free to share your experience under Our Stories.

I am a care partner for my mother, who has AD, as well. So I understand how overwhelming caring for a loved one can be. Even tasks that were once simple, such as eating or taking medication, can be a challenge. Perhaps incorporating some small steps for these tasks could bring you some success with administering your mother’s medications. One idea could be to put her medication into food that she enjoys and is able to eat easily. Other members who have experience with this may join in and offer further insight.

As you explore the website further, you may find the Primer helpful. It is authored by a member physician who carries two copies of the ApoE4 allele. Additionally, you may want to check out the How-to Guide, which includes tricks and tips for getting the most out of the discussion forums. And finally, there is a helpful search function for the forum that can be used to find past conversations on topics that you are interested in. You can access it by selecting the magnifying glass icon near your username in the top right-hand corner of this page.

I wish you all the best with caring for your mother. If I can be of further support, please feel free to reach out.

Warmly,
Rosanne
ro.oconnor
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach

ApoE 3/4
GraceGao
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GraceGao »

Thanks so much, I wonder my mom in this status could be cured via RECODE?
Best,
Grace
ro.oconnor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ro.oconnor »

GraceGao wrote:Thanks so much, I wonder my mom in this status could be cured via RECODE?
Best,
Grace
Hi GraceGao,

I'm just checking back in with you to see how you are doing. I hope that you are finding the website useful, supportive and informative.

I am going through something similar with my mother at this time, and there is nothing I would like better than to take away this disease for her. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that at the stage your mother is in, it is not possible for her to be cured through ReCode. As with my mother, yours may have been suffering silently with AD for a long time. I view my role now as providing her with support so that she can find comfort and joy within everyday moments.

Sometimes, when we are caring for our loved ones with AD, it's easy to forget about taking care of our own needs. It may be helpful to look into finding an in-person support group nearby. There may also be other support services for your mother like helpers that will come to your home or day programs where your mother can attend so that you can rest and recharge.

If you would like to find out more about the different stages of Alzheimer's Disease, you can read more here.

Other members here have had similar experiences, and they may to share their insight or expertise with you, as well. I wish you all the best and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warmly,
Rosanne
ro.oconnor

ApoE 3/4
GraceGao
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GraceGao »

Dear Rosanne,
Thanks so much for your kind reply and understanding. I still have a "miracle mind" that my mom will be cured via RECODE and her gene APOE3/APOE4 with NOTCH3 and NOS3. The doctor in Beijing said my mom's AD based on her gene. In the latest 3 months, my mom took the Recode supplements and coconut oil, I saw her a little difference, a little progress, my mom can go to the restroom and self eat, but still less words. I read the books The End of Alzheimer's and The End of Alzheimer's Program, which mentioned many cases all cured and recovered as usual. These are true?
Thanks and take care.
Grace
ro.oconnor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ro.oconnor »

GraceGao wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 am Dear Rosanne,
Thanks so much for your kind reply and understanding. I still have a "miracle mind" that my mom will be cured via RECODE and her gene APOE3/APOE4 with NOTCH3 and NOS3. The doctor in Beijing said my mom's AD based on her gene. In the latest 3 months, my mom took the Recode supplements and coconut oil, I saw her a little difference, a little progress, my mom can go to the restroom and self eat, but still less words. I read the books The End of Alzheimer's and The End of Alzheimer's Program, which mentioned many cases all cured and recovered as usual. These are true?
Thanks and take care.
Grace
Hi Grace,
Good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that you observed some progress with your mother. You are a very dedicated daughter and I can tell that you love your mother very much. I'm sure that the cases Dr. Bredesen writes about are all true. However, every case is unique and there are so many factors that can influence a person's success with the protocol. My understanding is that unfortunately, the more advanced someone's cognitive decline is, the more difficult it is to reverse symptoms.
I know, first hand, how difficult it can be to care for a loved one in your mom's situation. It can be very frustrating and discouraging at times to see your loved one struggle with cognitive decline. However, please know that though your mother may not be able to tell you, I'm sure that she is finding comfort in your dedicated love and care. I don't know about any miracle cure, but I'm sure that your hopeful and positive attitude makes a big difference in your mom's life.
Thank you for reaching out, and please take care.

Sincerely,
Rosanne
ro.oconnor

ApoE 3/4
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smart Tian »

你好,我也住在北京,我妈妈今年56岁,我看了终结阿尔茨海默症这本书,感觉我妈妈应该是Ⅲ型,就是在绝经前后开始认知衰退,然后就是语言不太清楚,但是思路和逻辑还行。我妈妈现在的状态和您的母亲2021年11月一样,只是我们还没有做检查现在也是吃黛力新,,不然会出现幻觉,奥氮平药劲儿太大,停了,2022年3月3日我妈突然不认得我爸了,很快就不认得我了,赶我们出门,大喊大叫,晚上要回家,之前连续的两天没有睡觉,现在认得我和我爸了,只是不知道我的名字了,现在看了您的帖子,应该是黛力新起作用了,黛力新一直在吃,还有中药的偏方,现在椰子油吃上了,其他的慢慢吃,因为我妈妈现在只喝红茶,吃药粒和胶囊也是吃不进去,吃饭也是很小口,吃的少。晚上焦虑的厉害,我妈妈年轻就是很严重的焦虑症,我也是,我能理解妈妈的焦虑状态出不来的感受
我先问下您的母亲经过RECODE治疗后现在状态怎么样了,是否有好转?我英文就是4级水平,也就先用中文回复了。如果可以的话,想和您交流一下,
谢谢
Tian

Moderator translation below using Google Translate, but removing wechat number for identification protection, please PM this person to communicate.

Hello, I also live in Beijing. My mother is 56 years old. I read the book Ending Alzheimer's, and I feel that my mother should be type III, that is, the cognitive decline started around menopause, and then the language is not good. Clear, but the idea and logic are okay. My mother's current state is the same as your mother's in November 2021, except that we haven't done the examination and we are still taking Delixin, otherwise there will be hallucinations, and the olanzapine drug is too strong, stop, March 2022 On the 3rd, my mother suddenly didn't recognize my dad, and she didn't recognize me soon. She chased us out, yelled, and wanted to go home at night. I hadn't slept for two consecutive days. Now she recognizes me and my dad, just I don’t know my name, but now I read your post, it should be Delixin working, Delixin has been taking it, and there are traditional Chinese medicine remedies, now I take coconut oil, and take the rest slowly, because My mother only drinks black tea now, and she can't take pills or capsules. She eats very small mouthfuls and eats less. I was very anxious at night. My mother suffered from severe anxiety when she was young, and so did I. I can understand the feeling that my mother's anxiety state can't come out.
Let me first ask how your mother is doing now after RECODE treatment, has it improved? My English is level 4, so I replied in Chinese first. If possible, I would like to communicate with you,
Attabeth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Attabeth »

Smart Tian wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:36 pm 你好,我也住在北京,我妈妈今年56岁,我看了终结阿尔茨海默症这本书,感觉我妈妈应该是Ⅲ型,就是在绝经前后开始认知衰退,然后就是语言不太清楚,但是思路和逻辑还行。我妈妈现在的状态和您的母亲2021年11月一样,只是我们还没有做检查现在也是吃黛力新,,不然会出现幻觉,奥氮平药劲儿太大,停了,2022年3月3日我妈突然不认得我爸了,很快就不认得我了,赶我们出门,大喊大叫,晚上要回家,之前连续的两天没有睡觉,现在认得我和我爸了,只是不知道我的名字了,现在看了您的帖子,应该是黛力新起作用了,黛力新一直在吃,还有中药的偏方,现在椰子油吃上了,其他的慢慢吃,因为我妈妈现在只喝红茶,吃药粒和胶囊也是吃不进去,吃饭也是很小口,吃的少。晚上焦虑的厉害,我妈妈年轻就是很严重的焦虑症,我也是,我能理解妈妈的焦虑状态出不来的感受
我先问下您的母亲经过RECODE治疗后现在状态怎么样了,是否有好转?我英文就是4级水平,也就先用中文回复了。如果可以的话,想和您交流一下,
谢谢
Tian

Moderator translation below using Google Translate, but removing wechat number for identification protection, please PM this person to communicate.

Hello, I also live in Beijing. My mother is 56 years old. I read the book Ending Alzheimer's, and I feel that my mother should be type III, that is, the cognitive decline started around menopause, and then the language is not good. Clear, but the idea and logic are okay. My mother's current state is the same as your mother's in November 2021, except that we haven't done the examination and we are still taking Delixin, otherwise there will be hallucinations, and the olanzapine drug is too strong, stop, March 2022 On the 3rd, my mother suddenly didn't recognize my dad, and she didn't recognize me soon. She chased us out, yelled, and wanted to go home at night. I hadn't slept for two consecutive days. Now she recognizes me and my dad, just I don’t know my name, but now I read your post, it should be Delixin working, Delixin has been taking it, and there are traditional Chinese medicine remedies, now I take coconut oil, and take the rest slowly, because My mother only drinks black tea now, and she can't take pills or capsules. She eats very small mouthfuls and eats less. I was very anxious at night. My mother suffered from severe anxiety when she was young, and so did I. I can understand the feeling that my mother's anxiety state can't come out.
Let me first ask how your mother is doing now after RECODE treatment, has it improved? My English is level 4, so I replied in Chinese first. If possible, I would like to communicate with you,
Hello Tian,

Welcome! I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. You obviously love your mom very much and I can't imagine how hard it is see her struggle, especially at such a young age. I imagine it is very frustrating and discouraging at times. There is no doubt your mom is very thankful for you even when she can't verbalize or communicate that to you. Your determination to seek support, guidance, and resources will prove to be very beneficial for all of you. I hope this forum will provide you with information and support that you are seeking. I'd like to point you to some links that might be helpful as you explore further.
The Primer includes researched-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips and tricks to navigate the site include the How-to Guide. This guide is a great resource I found helpful when I started posting. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response. It really helps to keep the conversation going.

If you would like to tell us more about yourself or interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I hope you find this helpful. I also want to encourage you to remember to take time for self care. The greatest gifts you can give your mom is to acknowledge how hard this is on you and your dad, and also the reassurance and understanding that you provide when she is anxious or struggling. Please reach out with any questions or if you would like to share more. I wish you all the best and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Be well,
Beth