Embracing the ApoE Wild Type Cuisinart: The Mortar and Pestle

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Embracing the ApoE Wild Type Cuisinart: The Mortar and Pestle

Post by circular »

kiksuyapi wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:52 pm A friend was telling me today that she roasts cardamom seeds and then M&P's them with salt to make Cardamom salt. sounded so delish.
Hmmm, I wonder what she puts that on.

I had also made a small stash of Chinese Five Spice but keep forgetting to use it, I think because it's not one of my preferred combinations. I'll leave it on the counter and see if I can get more mileage out of that.

My chai tea uses different spices, typically some mix of fresh ginger, turmeric, pepper, cumin, coriander, star anise …

I think that adding in these spice rituals has probably significantly upgraded my dietary antioxidant variety and levels. At least that's the hope besides enjoying the flavors.

Phase two will be growing my own organic herbs and greens, since I'm tired of paying a lot for them at the store, but I can't get around to that yet.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
mwhr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mwhr »

hi,
I bought a small mortar and pestle because i became interested in Spanish food and Paella benefits from crushing saffron then adding hot water.
It does please me to do this and I'm getting some bomba rice this weekend that i hear is the right rice.
cheers,
mwhr
Glad to participate.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

mwhr wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:19 pm hi,
I bought a small mortar and pestle because i became interested in Spanish food and Paella benefits from crushing saffron then adding hot water.
It does please me to do this and I'm getting some bomba rice this weekend that i hear is the right rice.
cheers,
mwhr
Thanks for mentioning that. I will try to incorporate that saffron tip. I love its flavor.

I have also found that it makes a great nutcracker!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.