How to test for leaky gut & BBB?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
slinkystrudels
Contributor
Contributor

How to test for leaky gut & BBB?

Post by slinkystrudels »

Hi , are there tests we can do at home to test
for leaky gut and leaky blood brain barrier ?

Thanks
41years old from bonnie Scotland. 4/4 ....
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: How to test for leaky gut & BBB?

Post by TheresaB »

slinkystrudels wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:09 pm Hi , are there tests we can do at home to test
for leaky gut and leaky blood brain barrier ?

Thanks
I am not aware of any, or at least none of any of quality. My doctor ordered "Zoomers" for me, yes that's the name: Zoomers offered by the lab Vibrant America. These are tests which identify sensitivities to various foods: corn, lectins, eggs, dairy, wheat, etc. and through those I got an overall assessment of my intestinal permeability. These were very thorough tests with lots of helpful information, but they were also not paid for by my insurance, so not cheap.

Similarly for leaky BBB, I am not aware of home tests. If a person has a leaky gut, given the connection between the gut and the brain, one can probably assume leaky BBB, but that's a generalization.

Our wiki Gut-Brain Connection: Leaky Gut/Leaky Brain, Microbiome (gut bugs) has a subsection which discusses symtoms that indicate leaky gut, that might help.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4