Best source of cheap phospholipid DHA?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Best source of cheap phospholipid DHA?

Post by NF52 »

attabethd wrote:Welcome Joni_S! I'm so glad you are here!
Joni_S wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:33 am Thanks Beth - very helpful information!
I bought some cod roe at a local fishmonger for £10/kg! I fried 250g up with an onion, clove of garlic and once cooled, whizzed it up with a piece of smoked mackerel, a little butter, the juice of a lemon, a little salt/pepper/chili and some cream cheese - it's delicious as a pate but would also work well as a sauce for pasta or similar!
I have potted some up, covered it with a layer of melted butter (now set) and will freeze until I want to eat.
Hi Joni,

As a Support Team member, I took the liberty of using the quotation mark icon in the upper right of "attabeth" (Beth's) post so that she will get an email notification of your kind reply. Quotation marks are a clunky but effective way to keep online conversations going!

And your recipe has my mouth watering for some onion, garlic, lemon, a dab of cream cheese and maybe some salmon (haven't yet ventured to smoked mackerel, in spite of my UK ancestry!) Thanks for sharing!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Joni_S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Joni_S »

NF52 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:55 pm And your recipe has my mouth watering for some onion, garlic, lemon, a dab of cream cheese and maybe some salmon (haven't yet ventured to smoked mackerel, in spite of my UK ancestry!) Thanks for sharing!
Thanks NF52, smoked mackerel is part of the SMASH group and adds so much tasty flavour to this recipe and is readily available/cheap in the UK. Hope you try it! Joni
Tantien
New User
New User

Post by Tantien »

Hi that cod roe sounds delicious, but wondering if frying it wouldn't destroy some of the nutrition? I use carlson elite omega gems, they weren't that expensive and good quality. No fishy burps at all.
AnnaM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AnnaM »

Tantien wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:23 pmI use carlson elite omega gems, they weren't that expensive and good quality. No fishy burps at all.
Welcome Tantien! Thanks for your post on fish oil and your source! You are adding to the conversation that others will benefit from. I agree that Carlson brand does have a good reputation.
I am a "welcome intern" here, and it is my job to let you know of a couple of places on the website that may be of interest. First is the Primer, that was written by a doctor /member who is an Apoe4/4, who shares so much knowledge on this gene. Another great post is the How-To Guide that explains how to find your way around and communicate with others.
The section called Our Stories is a wonderful collection of members' experiences and life stories. Please feel free to share your own story there.
With My Best,
AnnaM
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach