Recommendations for biomarker testing

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
NS99
Contributor
Contributor

Recommendations for biomarker testing

Post by NS99 »

Hello, can I ask if anyone reccomends this test? It seems to cover most, but not all of the markers listed in Dr Bredeson's book. Does anyone know of anything that covers them all? Also does anyone know which is the best test for Lyme disease? I'm based in the UK. Many thanks!

https://regeneruslabs.com/products/bredesden-panel
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Recommendations for biomarker testing

Post by laurie »

NS99 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:33 am Hello, can I ask if anyone reccomends this test? It seems to cover most, but not all of the markers listed in Dr Bredeson's book. Does anyone know of anything that covers them all? Also does anyone know which is the best test for Lyme disease? I'm based in the UK. Many thanks!

I am really surprised no one has answered you. If you are still looking for an answer I would send a message to one of the consultants for ex. floramarie.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
NS99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NS99 »

Thank you!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

That is a nice panel of tests, but it looks pretty generic to me. They reflect what I'd expect any (functional) doctor to order for me. So my suspicion is they may be charging extra because it has the Bredesen label. I'm not in the UK, so it's hard for me to say that's a good price or not. But for sure those tests will give you a good appreciation of your general health status.

Is this a direct to consumer test? Nothing wrong with that as long as you understand what is being tested and what the results reflect. I find it is helpful to have a knowledgeable person interpret lab results. Sometimes a measure cannot be taken in isolation or sometimes what the lab says is in acceptable range really isn't acceptable or optimal.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

NS99 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:33 am Hello, can I ask if anyone reccomends this test? It seems to cover most, but not all of the markers listed in Dr Bredeson's book. Does anyone know of anything that covers them all? Also does anyone know which is the best test for Lyme disease? I'm based in the UK. Many thanks!

hello NS99. Sorry for the long delay in replying. I was able to look at the Bredesen Panels offered by Regenerus Labs and compare them with the ReCODE panel. The Regenerus Labs Bredesen Panel Part 1 includes many markers that are part of the panel Apollo Health offers to Participants who subscribe to ReCODE.
But it is missing many important components. For example, it does not include ApoE4 status, which you may already know. In the area of hormones which are important for Trophic Support, it is missing estradiol, progesterone, DHEA-S, Total testosterone, cortisol and Reverse T3.
This panel also does not include copper. The copper /zinc ratio is important, and this test only includes zinc.
Copper, B6, and IL-6 are included in the “Bredesen 2 Panel”. It looks like that is all that is included in Bredesen 2. That was disappointing because ideally it would cover all of the “missing pieces” that would go into a ReCODE evaluation.
The panel also lacks any testing for heavy metals.

I agree with TheresaB that it is a rather generic panel of tests they are offering. But better than nothing, for sure.
You’d probably want to add on tests to learn your hormone status and look at toxicity, especially if you have had any known exposures. Their Hormone Trio Blood Spot test looks at testosterone, estradiol and progesterone.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
NS99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NS99 »

Oh thank you so much for checking - I'm sorry I don't seem to get notifications so I didn't realise anyone had replied!
That's really kind of you to check it out, I really appreciate it!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

floramaria wrote:
NS99 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 am Oh thank you so much for checking - I'm sorry I don't seem to get notifications so I didn't realise anyone had replied!
Hi NS99,

Sorry that you didn't get a notification of Floramaria! One possibility is that they went to your spam folder, since our ".info" url address is not what gmail or other systems expect. Another way to be sure you get notifications of replies to a post you made (or any topic you like) is to scroll to the bottom of the page, next to the "post reply" text box, and click on the wrench icon. Then you can select "bookmark this topic" to be notified of any replies by anyone.

I've copied Floramaria in on your reply, since our notification system relies on using the "quote" icon in the upper right hand corner of a post. The easiest way to do that is to go to the post you are replying to, click on the quote icon and then type your response in the editing page that shows up with the quote at the beginning of the text box.

Thanks for letting us know her reply was helpful--she's one of our great Senior Support Staff!
4/4 and still an optimist!
NS99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NS99 »

NF52 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:20 am
floramaria wrote:
NS99 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 am Oh thank you so much for checking - I'm sorry I don't seem to get notifications so I didn't realise anyone had replied!
Hi NS99,

Sorry that you didn't get a notification of Floramaria! One possibility is that they went to your spam folder, since our ".info" url address is not what gmail or other systems expect. Another way to be sure you get notifications of replies to a post you made (or any topic you like) is to scroll to the bottom of the page, next to the "post reply" text box, and click on the wrench icon. Then you can select "bookmark this topic" to be notified of any replies by anyone.

I've copied Floramaria in on your reply, since our notification system relies on using the "quote" icon in the upper right hand corner of a post. The easiest way to do that is to go to the post you are replying to, click on the quote icon and then type your response in the editing page that shows up with the quote at the beginning of the text box.

Thanks for letting us know her reply was helpful--she's one of our great Senior Support Staff!
Thank you so much for clarifying - I will make sure to check bookmark and quote from now on!
NS99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NS99 »

TheresaB wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:43 pm That is a nice panel of tests, but it looks pretty generic to me. They reflect what I'd expect any (functional) doctor to order for me. So my suspicion is they may be charging extra because it has the Bredesen label. I'm not in the UK, so it's hard for me to say that's a good price or not. But for sure those tests will give you a good appreciation of your general health status.

Is this a direct to consumer test? Nothing wrong with that as long as you understand what is being tested and what the results reflect. I find it is helpful to have a knowledgeable person interpret lab results. Sometimes a measure cannot be taken in isolation or sometimes what the lab says is in acceptable range really isn't acceptable or optimal.
Thank you very much - and sorry for being slow to aknowledge, I have only just seen it.