ALZ-801, tramiprosate, Ptau-181

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Cvd
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ALZ-801, tramiprosate, Ptau-181

Post by Cvd »

mike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:25 am
Cvd wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:07 pm
Cvd, Does the study that your LO is on include the 40 Hz audio as well as ALZ-801? Seems strange they would combine two different interventions at once...

For the AB-42, higher levels are good, because normally AB-42 likes to become plaques and no longer show on the test. The higher ratio of AB-42 to AB-40 means that it is not clumping. Not something that I fully understand. It would be better if the AB-42 was not created in the first place and just produce AB-40 which doesn't clump much.

IMHO AB-42 more likely to fold and clump the more glucose is metabolized in the brain. Glucose needs more oxygen than ketones to produce a given amount of ATP (energy) and this changes brain chemistry - more oxidative. This leads to AB-42 folding and then clumping. ApoE4 is less good at taking out these clumps. I'm hoping by keeping to a VERY low carb diet, I can keep the AB-42 from folding in the first place, so I get fewer plaques.

Failing that, ALZ-801 seems like it could be that AD magic pill for E4s. It prevents AB from becoming toxic. And since it stops an intermediary stage, it would seem likely that it will stop AB plaques from increasing as well.
Hi Mike,
No the study does not include both 40 Hz audio and the Alz-801. We found the 40 hz audio before the trial began; this what my LO listens to and she says it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVne_84qZkA

I think both the 40 hz and the alz-801 help, along with maybe some supplements like tumeric/curcumin that she takes. (Also, of course, she may be on the placebo arm.) My LO is still forgetful, but it is mostly very short term memory while before there was also confusion and brain fog along with the memory impairment. (It has only been a few months since starting these, so we don't know how the progression will be, but overall things seem better than before the trial and the 40 hz audio).
Cvd
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ALZ-801, tramiprosate, Ptau-181

Post by Cvd »

Also, as a note for those taking homotaurine, I believe the previous studies that showed some efficacy were for 150 mg BID (twice a day), so that's a total of 300 mg a day. https://www.jpreventionalzheimer.com/al ... rticle=240