Savvy Cooperative is seeking participants for Alz research (& it pays)

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Savvy Cooperative is seeking participants for Alz research (& it pays)

Post by TheresaB »

ApoE4.info has received a request from Savvy Cooperative https://www.savvy.coop/ to post the following announcement seeking participants in Alzheimer's Research:
Our client focuses on neuroscience research, and they are conducting a 3-part activity for those who are at-risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease, specifically those who know they have the gene. The goal of the research is to learn about personal goals, habit tracking, and receive feedback on design concepts on a developing smartphone application intended to help those who are at-risk for AD.

The activity includes 3 parts:
30-minute virtual interview
30-minute self-directed app testing
60-minute virtual interview following the app testing

The compensation for completing these activities is a $230 gift card of the participants choice (Mastercard, Amazon available among many others).  We are hoping to recruit people with the ApoE4 gene between the ages of 50-80 years old, though we would be open to those who are a bit younger. All interested participants must complete our screening questionnaire before enrollment.

Here is the link to the screener: https://gigs.savvy.coop/alz-risk/?r=ApoE4
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Savvy Cooperative is seeking participants for Alz research (& it pays)

Post by Tincup »

I signed up for this. I went through the screening last week, answering basic questions. Today, I had a 30 minute interview. Generally, these were the questions asked today:

1) Do you understand how changing your behaviors or lifestyle (e.g., physical activity, eating habits) can have a positive impact on your health?
2) Has knowing that you may be at risk for Alzheimer’s disease made you change your daily habits to help manage your risk?
3) Would the fact that the app will be prescribed by a doctor make you more likely to use it?
4) How do you feel about the app being prescribed alongside your medication?
5) How likely would you be to use the app if you have not experienced any symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease?
6) If a smartwatch was provided as part of the app prescription to track your behaviors, would you be comfortable wearing it every day?

The interview was conducted by a 3rd party and a report will be submitted to a pharma company who is developing a lifestyle app to be prescribed with an Alz prevention med. I know nothing about the company or the med.

I will be provided screenshots from the app to be reviewed prior to the next meeting (60 minutes), in a week.

Today's meeting was cordial and went well. A pharma rep could have been present, but was not on today's call. In was a Zoom interview with my camera turned off and my name was not on my Zoom window. I was asked not to mention my name in the interview.
Tincup
E3,E4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Savvy Cooperative is seeking participants for Alz research (& it pays)

Post by mike »

I did this as well, and my experience was similar to Tincup's.
Sonoma Mike
4/4