Intro - Newbie from the UK

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Intro - Newbie from the UK

Post by TCHC »

Hi, I'm new here and just looking around at the amount of info! It's hard to know where to start! But I'm really enjoying exploring and I'm loving the supportive comments and advice.
I'm a health coach from the UK and I'll be sending my clients this way for more support and resources, so it makes sense for me to check it all out. And I absolutely want to be at the cutting edge and keep up to date with any new info that comes out, so the science discussion is really great. And it's great to read some of your posts and see how you're working some of the advice into your lives.
I didn't join before now because I'm actually 3/3, and so I didn't know whether it would be appropriate, but I hope you'll welcome me.
My Mum has Alzheimer's (3/4) and I watched it progressing for a few years before I even found out there were things you could do. She's doing much better now, so that's great... and that's what started me on the health coaching journey.
It's great to see so many people taking action for themselves on here. It's really hard to find any info in the UK, when I first noticed my Mum's memory getting worse, I googled and read everything I could find, and it wasn't optimistic!
Thank you for everything that you do!
Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
Nicnac0526
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Intro - Newbie from the UK

Post by Nicnac0526 »

TCHC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:57 am Hi, I'm new here and just looking around at the amount of info! It's hard to know where to start! But I'm really enjoying exploring and I'm loving the supportive comments and advice.
I'm a health coach from the UK and I'll be sending my clients this way for more support and resources, so it makes sense for me to check it all out. And I absolutely want to be at the cutting edge and keep up to date with any new info that comes out, so the science discussion is really great. And it's great to read some of your posts and see how you're working some of the advice into your lives.
I didn't join before now because I'm actually 3/3, and so I didn't know whether it would be appropriate, but I hope you'll welcome me.
My Mum has Alzheimer's (3/4) and I watched it progressing for a few years before I even found out there were things you could do. She's doing much better now, so that's great... and that's what started me on the health coaching journey.
It's great to see so many people taking action for themselves on here. It's really hard to find any info in the UK, when I first noticed my Mum's memory getting worse, I googled and read everything I could find, and it wasn't optimistic!
Thank you for everything that you do!
Lindsey
Hi Lindsey, Welcome! It is really great that you not only found us, but that you have joined and written your first post. As I hope that you can see, we are a supportive community and the more people who contribute, the better it gets. The details about genetics are completely unimportant, all are warmly welcomed. It can be really scary and confusing when our loved ones start exhibiting signs of cognitive decline. You show great determination and perseverance to find information to support, not only your mum, but now potential clients. It's wonderful that she is doing much better now. Well done.

As a Welcome intern it is my job to help direct you to areas that people can find useful. As you have realised, there is a mass of information - go steady and please do shout if you have any questions or just thoughts.

The Primer is an amazing introduction and was written by a member of our community who is doctor and APOE4/4. She is so knowledgable and optimistic!

The The How to Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums and respond to posts including how to quote members (use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post) so they get an email notification of your post. It also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics (in the top right-hand corner of the site that you can use by clicking the three dots next to your log-in id). You can use that to search for topics in the various forums.and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

I too am from the UK and can empathise with your frustration at finding an absence of both information and support. Hopefully, you can now tick that off your list of things to find. Just breath and explore.

Enjoy what is left of your bank holiday.
Warmly.
Nicky (Nicnac0526)