Celebration Thread: Simufilam!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Celebration Thread: Simufilam!

Post by J11 »

Sorry everyone, I just want to catch up with all the drugs in the development that I have not focused on to date.

If you want to find the good ones just search in the top right for "Celebration"; these are the good threads.
I have 8 unique Celebration threads now; for some reason I decided to go with 2 Methylene Blue Celebration threads. Probably should add an LMTM Celebration Thread!

Simufilam's target is Filamin A which apparently is a scaffolding protein involved in the cytoskeleton.
Simufilam has reported impressive phase 2 results and now has two phase 3 trials ongoing in AD.
Last edited by J11 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Celebration Thread: Simufilam!

Post by J11 »

AD Clinical 2.PNG
AD Clinical.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

AD Clinical 4.PNG
AD Clinical 3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

The above figures provide some of the background.
3 points on ADAS-cog11 at 12 months is quite a bit.

I like to see that the second phase 3 is going out to 76 weeks.
With these new anti-ADs it seems wise to me to let the gains accumulate.
Some of the earlier AD drugs were only tested out to ~24 weeks probably because they had such weak treatment
effects. The newer therapies appear to be disease modifying, and the treatment effects then get larger and larger and eventually are enormous (versus placebo).

They chose the ADAS-cog and ADCS-ADL as coprimaries with the iADRS as one of the secondaries.
It might have been better to have the iADRS as the primary because we have seen how much ADAS-cog and ADCS-ADL can move around; the iADRS is based upon more test items and is thus more stable.

Simufilam is on the medium term time horizon for a readout so I'll wait to add a countdown until we are a little closer for another celebration.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

I really did not want to get into the backstory of Simufilam, so I just posted the facts above without referring to all the drama involved. I thought it best to stay focused on the science which seemed plausible.

It should be noted that there is a fair amount of corporate intrigue involved. However, given the $6 billion defamation lawsuit that has been recently filed I think it is for the best to steer clear of commenting about all of it. I do not have $ $6 billion.

In terms of actual development of Simufilam the market today seemed to believe that there was positive news related to a phase 2 trial where the AD patients actually improved. I was unable to find any actual articles that substantiated this claim. A phase 3 trials is nearing primary completion in January of 2023, so that could be a very large topline result. Hopefully, such a result will clear the air about the company.