Dr. Bredesen's clinical trial is published in JAD

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Dr. Bredesen's clinical trial is published in JAD

Post by Julie G »

To my knowledge, this is the first clinical trial that has shown improvement for those with early-stage dementia. You can read it here: Precision Medicine Approach to Alzheimer’s Disease: Successful Pilot Project. 
This is very exciting for those of us using a personalized approach to optimize cognition. Despite the fact that the trial occurred during the worst of COVID (a huge confounder), 84% of patients were able to improve cognition. Not only were cognitive scores improved, but brain imaging was as well.
NCI-SCORE-to-PERCENTILE@3x-1-2048x1376.png
Dr. Bredesen already has a larger randomized controlled trial underway with sites in Miami, Cleveland, Nashville, Sacramento, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Onwards and upwards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr. Bredesen's clinical trial is published in JAD

Post by mike »

Very promising, but wondering why so few 4/4s...
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

mike wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:51 pm Very promising, but wondering why so few 4/4s...
As a fellow 4/4, I wish all trials used an exclusively 4/4 dataset but that certainly isn't representative of the general population. In this trial, 16% of the dataset was homozygous, that's actually considerably higher than we're represented in the general population, around 2-3%. I know other work, like the FINGER study, that used a multifactorial approach found that E4s actually responded BETTER than non-E4s. That's very encouraging for our population as it puts control of our fate back into our hands. Yes, a pill would be easier, but until then.... :D
Smart Tian
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smart Tian »

非常感谢,我正在用翻译软件看

The following is the English translation of the software, which may not be accurate. Please forgive me

Thank you very much. I'm reading it with translation software
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

Julie G wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 am Despite the fact that the trial occurred during the worst of COVID (a huge confounder), 84% of patients were able to improve cognition. Not only were cognitive scores improved, but brain imaging was as well.
This is a great update. Thanks for sharing!
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Smart Tian wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm 非常感谢,我正在用翻译软件看

The following is the English translation of the software, which may not be accurate. Please forgive me

Thank you very much. I'm reading it with translation software
Your translation is perfect! Thank you for translating the article.
4/4 and still an optimist!