CTAD 2022 -- Endgame for AD

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CTAD 2022 -- Endgame for AD

Post by J11 »

Here's the countdown clock for the Clarity presentation at CTAD!
I had run out of other celebration themes, so I decided to go with election.
Cast your vote when the full Lecanemab results are reported.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/e ... nt=cursive
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

We are now within the 24 hour window for the Clarity presentation at CTAD. This presentation is of such enormous importance for those affected by Alzheimer's and their families. The presentation will give a comprehensive view of the safety and efficacy of Lecanemab treatment and provide a more granular view of the topline that was reported almost 2 months ago.

I will be very interested in seeing what the CDR-sb vs. SUVR relationship was in the trial and also how the totality of the test results support the already reported CDR-sb benefit.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

This is overwhelmingly exciting! This is it everyone. 2 hours and 15 minutes to go!

This means so much to me. When I checked on the genealogy websites, the earliest record I could find of my family on the dementing line was a court record in which they arrested one of the children and sent them off to a penal colony. Our loved one was also officially charged, arrested and fingerprinted with theft (I think it was something like a clove of garlic- who steals garlic? -- if they want it back we would be more than happy to return it--) even while clearly suffering from at least MCI to early AD. This has been going on for centuries in my family and tonight feels to me like the end of dementia. In my generation, Alzheimer's will just vanish!
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

CTAD November 29 At a Glance.PNG
CTAD November 29 Schedule.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

For those without a program, above is the At a Glance and Detailed CTAD presentation lineup.

Notice that the 4:50 presentation for Clarity is going to go almost right into the topline results in Presentation 2.
For me I might first had a brief musical interlude or something; but no-- they are charging right at the numbers.

Whoa! I just checked the countdown clock we are approaching the 10 minute mark before the big show. Go to the washroom or grab an orange juice while you still can everyone! I will go to commenting silence during the presentations in order to fully devote my mental faculties to understanding what is being presented.

I am hoping that the simulcast will have no glitches; also hope that they post the slide deck at the start of the presentation (or after the embargo) so that we can follow along without having to squint too much.

Here's the url:
https://www.eisai.com/ir/library/presen ... index.html
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Places everyone; approaching the 5 minute call. 5 minutes!
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Within the 2 minute window! The livestream screen is blank though appears ready to roll when the countdown is complete.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Not sure what is going on. Looks like the livestream is for the immunometabolic presentation.
Not sure whether there is a way to switch feeds.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

It's live NOW!
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Just published Clarity in NEJM

Background

The accumulation of soluble and insoluble aggregated amyloid-beta (Aβ) may initiate or potentiate pathologic processes in Alzheimer’s disease. Lecanemab, a humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody that binds with high affinity to Aβ soluble protofibrils, is being tested in persons with early Alzheimer’s disease.
Methods

We conducted an 18-month, multicenter, double-blind, phase 3 trial involving persons 50 to 90 years of age with early Alzheimer’s disease (mild cognitive impairment or mild dementia due to Alzheimer’s disease) with evidence of amyloid on positron-emission tomography (PET) or by cerebrospinal fluid testing. Participants were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive intravenous lecanemab (10 mg per kilogram of body weight every 2 weeks) or placebo. The primary end point was the change from baseline at 18 months in the score on the Clinical Dementia Rating–Sum of Boxes (CDR-SB; range, 0 to 18, with higher scores indicating greater impairment). Key secondary end points were the change in amyloid burden on PET, the score on the 14-item cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer’s Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-cog14; range, 0 to 90; higher scores indicate greater impairment), the Alzheimer’s Disease Composite Score (ADCOMS; range, 0 to 1.97; higher scores indicate greater impairment), and the score on the Alzheimer’s Disease Cooperative Study–Activities of Daily Living Scale for Mild Cognitive Impairment (ADCS-MCI-ADL; range, 0 to 53; lower scores indicate greater impairment).
Results

A total of 1795 participants were enrolled, with 898 assigned to receive lecanemab and 897 to receive placebo. The mean CDR-SB score at baseline was approximately 3.2 in both groups. The adjusted least-squares mean change from baseline at 18 months was 1.21 with lecanemab and 1.66 with placebo (difference, −0.45; 95% confidence interval [CI], −0.67 to −0.23; P<0.001). In a substudy involving 698 participants, there were greater reductions in brain amyloid burden with lecanemab than with placebo (difference, −59.1 centiloids; 95% CI, −62.6 to −55.6). Other mean differences between the two groups in the change from baseline favoring lecanemab were as follows: for the ADAS-cog14 score, −1.44 (95% CI, −2.27 to −0.61; P<0.001); for the ADCOMS, −0.050 (95% CI, −0.074 to −0.027; P<0.001); and for the ADCS-MCI-ADL score, 2.0 (95% CI, 1.2 to 2.8; P<0.001). Lecanemab resulted in infusion-related reactions in 26.4% of the participants and amyloid-related imaging abnormalities with edema or effusions in 12.6%.
Conclusions

Lecanemab reduced markers of amyloid in early Alzheimer’s disease and resulted in moderately less decline on measures of cognition and function than placebo at 18 months but was associated with adverse events. Longer trials are warranted to determine the efficacy and safety of lecanemab in early Alzheimer’s disease. (Funded by Eisai and Biogen; Clarity AD ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT03887455. opens in new tab.)