Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Labs

vchandra
Services Provider
Services Provider

Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Labs

Post by vchandra »

Next steps to be considered for participation in the study

As you are aware, Muses Labs (http://www.museslabs.com) will be running a larger study of the methodology described in Dr. Bredesen’s recent paper. Dr. Bredesen helped form Muses Labs (http://alzheimersnewstoday.com/2014/10/ ... rapeutics/) to bring his combination therapy to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. He is the Chief Medical Officer of the company. I am the CEO of Muses Labs and all of us at Muses Labs are excited to have an opportunity to work with this group.

We are working to launch the study before this year’s end and members of this group who meet the acceptance criteria will be among the first individuals to join the study. We will share additional details on the study in the near future.

Answers to some of the questions we have seen in the forum follow:

What are the costs of participation in the study and who covers them?
Costs related to activities of the study will vary per individual and will be shared between individuals/their insurance and Muses Labs. Tests, medications, supplements and doctor visits are some of the larger costs. The company will cover expenses for supplements and will provide supplements to those in the study to ensure consistency and quality of supplements. The company may help cover some of the other expenses as well.

There is no charge to individuals participating in the study from Muses Labs.

Does the individual’s location matter?
The participants must be located in the US. It is essential that the participants be able to get the necessary tests, including cognitive tests, from FDA approved labs.

Will we need to engage our own physicians? If so, how do we get our physicians to participate?
Each individual will need a collaborating physician to participate in the study. The company will provide materials and help each individual recruit their physician.

What is the timeline?
The initial individuals will become a part of the study before the end of the year. More will be added in a structured manner. Each individual will be under study for a minimum of 6 months.

Can those without ApoE4 participate?
Yes

Can individuals that don’t meet the study’s acceptance criteria get on the therapy?
Individuals not on the study will be able to access the therapy as well. The timeline for working with individuals not on the study is past the launch of the study. Muses Labs will not be able to help cover expenses for individuals not on the study. The individual will also have to help support Muses Labs’ costs related to their therapy.

To get started, please submit your name to participate in the study by completing the form at https://museslabs.com/mend-study-sign-up/. I again ask for a little bit of patience as we get ready to effectively work with every member of this group.

Julie, thank you for being a passionate representative of the group and for all your help to get the ball rolling on this study.

You can reach me at vc@museslabs.com.

Vik Chandra
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: UPDATE re. an E4 trial with The Buck Institute

Post by Julie G »

Huge thanks to you, Vik, and everyone at Muses Labs, and most especially Dr. Bredesen. We are deeply grateful that you've been able to streamline this process for us by creating specialized software to make this protocol accessible.

I want to personally apologize to our international members who won't be able to participate in this round. I just learned of this exclusion yesterday while speaking with Vik. Apparently, there are legal concerns impeding the process as well as lack of FDA oversight at the labs to ensure conformity in results. I was deeply saddened and fought to keep you. PLEASE know that I will do my best to share everything in the protocol with you so that you can still implement it with your personal physicians.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Lab

Post by Julie G »

All, I'm bumping this up to remind EVERYONE to sign up now. This is an amazing opportunity and open to all APOE genotypes- every cognitive status. If you have family members or friends that would comply with the protocol, PLEASE let them know about this opportunity.

By merging medicine with technology, we are on the forefront of preventing (hopefully reversing) Alzheimer's Disease on a big scale. We are indebted to Dr. Bredesen and Muses Labs for this opportunity. Please spread the word. (Ski is working on changing out our forum software so that we can keep this as a permanent announcement on top of the board.)
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Bredesen's Study - Muses Labs

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Thanks Ski. The forum would not be here without your computer programming efforts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

BUMP, until our new software can keep this at the top of the board. Have you signed up? Please consider. Have questions? Post them here. Wonder if you're too late? You're not. This is an amazing opportunity made available to members of our community via Dr. Bredesen and Muses Labs.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

*something goes BUMP in the night* Yeah, and sign up. :D
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

BUMP again..until our software update can keep this message at the top of the board :D This amazing opportunity is still available. Sign up here.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julienne you said we could post questions here. I'm wondering if all the supps used that are provided by the approved sources are gluten and dairy free (and preferably soy too). I'm asking prematurely because I'm not in the study, yet? I *assume* this is the case b/c the study eliminates gluten, at least for some.

Thx.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Circ, you auto-corrected my name to a verb involving vegetables :D Good question. My guess would be YES given the protocol.

Rest assured, Vik did tell me that once our individualed protocols are established, based on our unique medical histories/ biomarkers, we will have veto power to approve them before implementation. This is meant to be an empowering alliance.
TCat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCat »

Are there any links to the study in addition to the links in the top post here? I'd like to send it to someone and can't find anything on the Museslabs page.