Neurofeedback for MCI/early Alzheimer's - does it help?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Emurray
Contributor
Contributor

Neurofeedback for MCI/early Alzheimer's - does it help?

Post by Emurray »

Hello! I am new to the forum and recently posted a message in the "Getting Started" section about my dad, age 73, diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment 2 years ago, with a recent worsening. We are ready to throw everything at this to stop him from getting worse, and are considering the Bredesen protocol though Apollo health.

We are also considering neurofeedback, and I am curious if any members have experience with this that they would be willing to share with me.

We don't yet know my dad's APOE status, but will test soon, either through the Apollo practitioner or independently.

Thank you in advance!
TLS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Neurofeedback for MCI/early Alzheimer's - does it help?

Post by TLS »

Emurray wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:02 am Hello! I am new to the forum and recently posted a message in the "Getting Started" section about my dad, age 73, diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment 2 years ago, with a recent worsening. We are ready to throw everything at this to stop him from getting worse, and are considering the Bredesen protocol though Apollo health.

We are also considering neurofeedback, and I am curious if any members have experience with this that they would be willing to share with me.

We don't yet know my dad's APOE status, but will test soon, either through the Apollo practitioner or independently.

Thank you in advance!
I have the same question and I see that this post was never responded to...... Did you end up trying neuro feedback and if so, how did it go?

Does anyone else have personal experience with Nuero feedback?
apoe 3/4
Emurray
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Neurofeedback for MCI/early Alzheimer's - does it help?

Post by Emurray »

I am not sure if it helped - if it did, it was marginal. We have moved on to other approaches. That said, there are many different kinds of neurofeedback, so perhaps you would have better luck than we did. The type that we tried involved my dad being hooked up to a machine that monitored his brain waves while he was watching a video. When he became distracted or spaced out (too many gamma waves, I think? I might be using the wrong term), the TV would become fuzzy. So basically, it was trying to teach him to retain focus.