New wiki – Plant based compounds

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

New wiki – Plant based compounds

Post by TheresaB »

The topic on the beneficial effects of plants/certain plant compounds (and mushrooms, technically not plants) has been rattling in my head for years, but it’s such an expansive subject, I’ve been procrastinating. I finally buckled down and attacked the subject, trying to pare it down by just focusing on just Alzheimer’s.

There are several scientific studies that have described the use of various plants and their chemicals for the prevention/treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and other cognitive concerns. This in contrast to just six drugs approved by the FDA, none of which can reverse, stop, or even slow down the damage, and the efficacy of which is often temporary to outright controversial (aduhelm/ aducanumab).

The urgency to use natural sources to aid brain health is even greater now after the recent finding of the fraudulent research that has driven much of the anti-amyloid drug approaches.

Certain chemicals from plants have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-amyloid, and anticholinesterase properties, these are the four fundamental pillars identified in the process of Alzheimer’s. Targeting the right plant compounds offer neuroprotective effects which not only act at the level of blocking the progression of Alzheimer’s but also aid in Alzheimer’s prevention.

To read more, here’s the link to the new wiki:
Beneficial (and some negative) Plant/Natural Chemicals

As a reminder, our ApoE4.info wiki can also be accessed via the "Wiki" link found at the top of the page (if viewing from a PC)
wiki fm PC.jpg

or by clicking on the four lines in the upper right hand corner (if viewing from a phone).
ApoE4.Info - Active topics.png
From the main page of the wiki a number of subjects of interest to ApoE4s can be accessed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New wiki – Plant based compounds

Post by shenmen100 »

OMG Theresa,
This is a great resource! I just did a quick review but will deep dive later. Thank you
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Nice job, Theresa! Thanks for all the work that I know went into it.
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

Thank you, that's a great resource!
Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Many thanks for your effort Teresa. Likewise I shall delve into it later.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

TheresaB wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:43 am The topic on the beneficial effects of plants/certain plant compounds (and mushrooms, technically not plants) has been rattling in my head for years, but it’s such an expansive subject, I’ve been procrastinating…
Thank you so much, Theresa, for the time and effort you spent compiling this. I did a “read through” this morning of the Wiki itself, and am looking forward to going back and clicking on some of the many links you included.
Great resource!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health