too much olive oil?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: too much olive oil?

Post by JD2020 »

Hi everyone,

It's me again, still trying to figure out food.

I am confused by Cronometer's information. For example, yesterday I weighed out 60 grams of smoked salmon. But when I click on that entry, it says that protein is 67%, or 11 grams. But 67% of 60 grams is 42 grams, not 11 grams. Plus the total of grams shown for the serving of smoke salmon (11 grams protein and 2.6 grams fat) totals only 13.6 grams. I have no idea how much protein I ate. Can anyone assist?

On another topic, I went to Iceland last month. At all of the breakfasts buffets, they have a bottle of cod liver oil and shot glasses! They start their day with a shot of cod liver oil, which by the way, tastes really bad! I decided my shot of olive oil isn't so weird after all. Also, I realized that my measuring spoon was not a full T, so I am actually shooting 3 T, not 5.

Thanks for any help with the protein question.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

JD2020 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:02 pm I am confused by Cronometer's information. For example, yesterday I weighed out 60 grams of smoked salmon. But when I click on that entry, it says that protein is 67%, or 11 grams. But 67% of 60 grams is 42 grams, not 11 grams. Plus the total of grams shown for the serving of smoke salmon (11 grams protein and 2.6 grams fat) totals only 13.6 grams. I have no idea how much protein I ate. Can anyone assist?
So in a browser, not on the phone app, I put in 60g of smoked red sockeye Alaska salmon (you may have chosen a different salmon). It says 36.4 g protein, or 60% of 60g for that entry. I don't know where the 11 grams comes from. Are you looking at the phone app?
Tincup
E3,E4
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

Tincup wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:43 pm So in a browser, not on the phone app, I put in 60g of smoked red sockeye Alaska salmon (you may have chosen a different salmon). It says 36.4 g protein, or 60% of 60g for that entry. I don't know where the 11 grams comes from. Are you looking at the phone app?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am on the phone app. I just entered your red sockeye Alaska salmon and see the same statistics that you say, except the phone app says that the 36.4 g of protein is 70% of the total, and mathematically it is 60%. My entry was just "salmon, smoked", and the math makes no sense. It sounds like a phone app glitch, doesn't it? I will log on via browser. Thanks again.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

From the website:

The percentages listed within the Macronutrient Target bars indicate the percentage of your goal for each macronutrient.

I assumed that the % was the % of the total of the food eaten. So my smoked salmon at 12% is just showing that 11 grams is 12% of what has been entered as the goal.

I still don’t understand how 60 grams by weight of smoked salmon can be broken down to 11 grams of protein and 2.6 grams of fat. What is the other 46.4 grams? I went into some of my other foods. I have a recipe that is a raw veggie mix. I ate 134 grams. Cronometer says that it breaks down to 1.5 grams of protein, 7.2 grams of carbs, and .2 grams of fat. 56 grams of avocado breaks down to 1.2 grams of protein, 4.4 grams of carbs, and 5.6 grams of fat.

The accountant in me is perplexed. Shouldn't the components add to the total weight?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

JD2020 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:23 pm The accountant in me is perplexed. Shouldn't the components add to the total weight?
Have to add water also.
Tincup
E3,E4