New to this site. I am interested in a recommendation for physician in Orland Park IL area for myself. (nrarChicago)

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
SuzanneB
New User
New User

New to this site. I am interested in a recommendation for physician in Orland Park IL area for myself. (nrarChicago)

Post by SuzanneB »

I was watching Dr Bredesen on insulin resistance summit and immediately went to this site he talked about. I would love any recommendations for physician in Orland Park area. Southwest of Chicago. If anyone is willing to share. Thank you
SandyZ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New to this site. I am interested in a recommendation for physician in Orland Park IL area for myself. (nrarChicago)

Post by SandyZ »

SuzanneB wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:44 pm I was watching Dr Bredesen on insulin resistance summit and immediately went to this site he talked about. I would love any recommendations for physician in Orland Park area. Southwest of Chicago. If anyone is willing to share. Thank you
Hi SuzanneB,

As a Support Team intern, I would like to welcome you to the ApoE4.info website. I'm so glad that you found us!

How wonderful that you have been learning from Dr. Bredesen. There is hope in the information that is being shared.

If you would like to explore the site in more detail, I can share several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience here:

First, if would like to learn more about ApoE4, the Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

In addition, the How to Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums, including how to quote members when you respond to posts so they get an email notification of your post (tip: use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post). The "How to Guide" also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

Other members may have personal experience with Providers in your area. In the meantime you can look through the links to the Wiki that has resources to help you find health care practitioners and health coaches that are familiar with ApoE4 and associated AD risk. Some are trained in the Bredesen protocol. Check out the following sections under resources:

10.5 Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner
10.6 A list of ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners
10.7 List of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches

If you would like to tell us more about yourself or interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

I hope you find these tools useful as you navigate the site. Please reach out if you need any other assistance with the site and continue to ask questions!

In gratitude,

SandyZ
SandyZ
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Trained Health Coach